1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical: Harden wants to come Home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmoney1101, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Would you welcome a Harden homecoming?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2022.
  1. Yes

43.2%
  2. No

56.8%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

My guy, a dude playing for a basketball team is much less important than helping people in time of need.

There is a pretty big difference, but I dont wnant to have that convo.

You are entitled to your opinion.

2. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Ok the word is “choked” , “chocked” is something totally different. Are you vaccinated ? And he has sucked overall in his last 6..yes 6 elimination games.

3. Jalen Green OnlyFan

It's more important in life but not more important in the context of judging their legacy as a rocket. Harden helping us off the court as a net is good. He can still be a Houstonian but he's not the second best Rocket over Yao. Yao gave us everything he could in the context of a rocket.

Do you only follow rich athletes helping out or do you also pay attention to the rich businessmen helping out? It seems like you won't give Tilman any credit for his charities in Houston. Or even the common everyday people helping out? I'm not going to give Harden all this extra credit in terms of rockets legacy just because he threw some money at Houston.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay bro, you can have the petty spelling errors. Im sure its the same as not knowing what a hamstring injury is. Respond to the actual argument. You really arent going to give the context for that are you? Okay bro, we are done here.

5. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

You just keep saying “chocked” it wasn’t an error you just don’t know how to spell it. But now you do. I still have no idea why you were asking about my medical records. And yes I know What a hamstring is. I’m assuming that’s what was hurting when harden got closed out by patty mills?

6. HP3

HP3 Member

His legacy as a Rocket is synonymous with his legacy to Houston. 2 WCF and one of the best records in the NBA during his tenure. Also one of the greatest offensive seasons year after year. He is the second best Rocket ever, he did more with his time than YAO.

Rich busniness men have a lot more effect on......nvm dude. Im not having this convo.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

I know how to spell it. There you go being petty again. Because you didnt seem to know what a hamstring was and I was roasting you for you being medically illiterate. There, I spelled it out for you. Harden was bad that game. But go ahead and choose the worst playoff game of someone's career, I can do that too. But keep making disingenuous arguments. You cant pretend like he wasnt injured last series just to fit your false narrative.

8. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Character matters though. YAO tried his absolute best and couldn't avoid injuries. I don't fault him for that.

It's not just about wins and losses. It's about being a rocket and giving everything you have to the cause. Harden clearly did not do that. Yao never once quit on this team.... not for a single second.

9. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

No you don’t know how to spell it because you misspelled it like 7 times. But that’s okay now you know. I do know what a hamstring is. They are an excuse that simps like to use with their favorite player throws up another stinker in an elimination game. How about that patty mills...

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Bruh im typing this on a phone and Im not bothering to edit. Miss me with this BS. No you clearly dont. No that's a valid medical reason with facts behind it that literally anyone with a brain could see was clearly affecting him. Please google grade 2 hamstring injury so you can understand. How about those 2 WCFs, making the playoffs every year and never losing in the first round? This is really a brainless argument you are making because you are either to lazy or ignorant to do your homework.

#250 HP3, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This thread is silly. If Harden doesn't reup with Nets and showed any interest in coming back here we would be begging him. Part of the reason why I want us to clear two max slots with all of these rookies is to be able to take one last advantage of the current max players before our players hit FA and maxes. That is how you win. Harden, Zion, and disgruntled stars may be available and you want to have the flexibility to act. Beyond developing young players this is why you move Wall, EGo, and Augustin for disposable pieces as quickly as possible.

HP3 likes this.
  12. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

“Miss me with that” what are you Nick cannon? I mean congratulations? Are not remembering when we lost to Portland in the first round? When we lost to GSW in the first round bc we were an 8th seed? What are you even talking about? Do you even know what team this is ? You are calling everyone ignorant but you are spouting bs

13. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

You cant call people ignorant/brainless and accuse them of not doing their homework and then claim harden has never lost in the first round. What timeline is this

14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Nah, he quit on the team, time to move on

15. HP3

HP3 Member

You are really clever, I mean it dude. I admire your big brain. Sorry almost never, are you happy. Does it really change what I said? We've always had success with him here. And did you also really expect an 8th seeded team to beat the 73 win Warriors?
    I call your arguments bad because you cherry pick arguments and try to create a false narratives about players. And then you try to act like having an injury is choking :rolleyes:. Keep relying on petty **** for your arguments when you dont have a real one. Keep relying on a shitty graph from ESPN and you feel like that's all you need to write things off. Im done wasting my time with ignorant ass posters.

#255 HP3, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  16. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

He has lost in the first round 3 times. Do you watch basketball? You said 0 as you told me “do your homework” bruh I never said hardens 8th seed team should beat the warriors I just caught you lying. Good job with “choking” this time. Most rockets fans know how to spell it because we had to endure it for many years. Patty mills...

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Harden played his part time to move on

he wont ever be as good as he was here. But put prime Harden in 2 years from now instead of kpj and we are favourites. Thats how good Stone drafted

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Fine I made a mistake but Im going to ask you again, DOES IT CHANGE MY ARGUMENT? And we made it out of the first round with Tmac zero times. And with Yao only one time. And have been swept by another team never. Does it really change my argument at all? Does it really? Was I lying when I said we had one of the best records in the league during his tenor. Was I lying when I said we had two WCF. Am I lying when I said the Rockets had one of the longest playoff streaks(maybe the best) during his tenure. Oh yea, let me add a 60 win season to that resume. But herr derr "Patty Mills" lmao :rolleyes: This is such a joke.

19. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Completely disagree. Bringing in a dude who's a poor defender, high usage, has a diva mentality, isn't punctual, and can't play off ball would be the worst possible thing for this teams culture and development.

I might take him as a 6th man or something after this contract is up when it's clearly JG's team and Harden has to fall in line. I don't see that happening though. I'm telling yall. JG is going to be a significantly better playoff performer because he can score off ball and his game doesn't rely on craftiness or foul drawing.

20. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Just shows you started watching basketball maybe a year or two ago. And you tried to call me out for “not doing my homework” lol. Guess those three years just slipped by. Keep celebrating regular season accolades. They are fun. Doesn’t change harden will find a way to stink it up when it matters. I like how you act like you are the end all in harden matters yet you obv didn’t even follow his career until recently