1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] 2021 free agency news thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Aug 1, 2021.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I do think this part of the plan... show Wall can be a team player and play "nice" with others (like he did when DC was in the playoffs).. then trade him at the deadline for a team making a playoff push (cough) (cough) Clippers (cough) (cough)

Dragic to Mavs.. take that bet

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

He doesn't really need to take a backseat to anyone. He can be the PG and run the offense. He is currently the best PG we have on the team and the young guys can learn from him if he isn't playing selfishly. If he refuses to run the offense and play unselfishly you bench him and work on a buyout.

I'm not stuck on squeezing out assets. What I care about is dead cap space. I'd like be able to make a big offer for someone like Mikal Bridges or MPJ if we want to. I'd like to have salary matching contracts if someone like Jaylen Brown becomes available.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They struck out on Lowry but acquiring Reggie Bullock, Sterling Brown, and keeping Tim Haradaway Jr. isn't bad at all. They are all 40% or above 3 pt shooters. Morey never got those above 40% shooters around Harden ever. If they can Dragic, that's another reliable shooter who can create his own shot. I thought they would've chased John Collins but they probably didn't have the cap space for it.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Oladipo and his agent really shat the bed here. Could've gotten paid big bucks to sit on his couch. Don't care though..the way he talked and played with the Rockets really rubbed me the wrong way.

5. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Not sure if it was mentioned but the Grizzlies declined their $13 million option on Justise Winslow. He added to his story on Instagram a picture of him throwing up the H and a graphic saying “claiming H-town today.” Not sure if this means he wants to sign with us or just a coincidence because he’s from Houston. I would love to have him, he’s a good defender and all around player.

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wall failed to play the entirety of last season with rest due to his knee recovery and nagging issues throughout the season... I don't see how that all of a sudden changes this coming season, even with a full season under his belt.

If we start Wall and KPJ together, I don't see Jalen having a problem coming off the bench to start his career. With a majority of his starts coming from the 'rest purpose' John Wall sits.

There's no reason to cut bait now when next season he will be a HUGE expiring contract along with DJ Augustin... whom could still be moved by midseason this trade deadline.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I really did not like trading for Victor Oladipo.

I really did not enjoy watching Victor Oladipo.

I did not like Victor Oladipo's personality off the court. Felt like he believed he was above this city and team.

I did not like the trade return on Victor Oladipo.

I'm so glad stone traded Victor Oladipo even though it was for scraps, he made a mistake by believing he could be an all star here, and he made sure to get something for him.

#388 treyk3, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Oladipos obsession with Miami is ridiculous. This guy lost out on money he will never ever get back.

KelvinCato13, CXbby, King1 and 5 others like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Oladipo is delusional if he thinks he’s signing a big contract next offseason. He should’ve taken the extension we offered him, but thank every deity known to man he didn’t

luckyman76, alethios, pmac and 4 others like this.
  11. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Love it!

xiki likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

and Kemba Walker reached buyout agreement with Thunder....signing with Knicks

No Wall to Knicks, shucks

xiki and D-rock like this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

We could sign him to a 2-year deal like Nwaba... keep on IR until we're to make a legit playoff run next year

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

D-rock likes this.
  18. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Wow! 6-8 teams making it the biggest trade in NBA history.. I like EG but not his contract. I wouldn’t mind to see him and House go.

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mike D becoming Consultant.

xiki, sirjesse and H-TOWNSFINEST like this.