1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible starting five for season 2021 - 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Jul 5, 2021.

1. t4rm5la4r

t4rm5la4r Member

Simmons
    Porter
    Green
    Collins
    Wood

Trade Wall and whatever you need to get Simmons. With the other 4, I can live with Simmons never shooting. Sign Collins as a F/A. This team would be fun to watch.

txtodd likes this.
  2. PWR

PWR Member

Starters in bold...
    KPJ
    , Augustin
    Jalen Green(2), Wall
    Trey Murphy(23), Tate
    Wood, KMart
    Olynyk, Luka Garza(24)

Surround KPJ and Green with three point shooters.
    Wood (37%)
    Olynyk (39% as a Rocket)
    Augustin (39% as a Rocket)
    Murphy (43%)
    Garza (44%)
    KMart (37%)
    Tate to improve here. I trust him.

*EG and House need to go.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Wood, Green, and Tate are for sure starters

KPJ probably as well.

Then I’d start either Wall or Gordon. One vet in the lineup will be good for the development of the other 4. Id lean towards Gordon. Defense and shooting will help stabilize the young guys

4. albuster

albuster Member

I am down with this lineup. It's up to Silas to establish a culture of hard work, team first mentality, ball movement, and defense. They should take it personally whenever an opposing player scores at will against them. This lineup should be kept together for a few years and allow them to develop together. Unless, of course, a superstar comes along the way. Stone should do away with the constant trades and non stop lineup changes that was a Morey trademark. Go Rockets.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Possibly this might be more to your liking :-[​IMG]

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

KPJ
    Kobe 2.0
    Tate
    Wood
    Kelly O

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

X - D J Wilson - Cam Oliver
    Woods - Martin
    Tate - X
    Green - Gordon- Thomas -Brooks
    Wall - Porter- Augustin

Once again we have a glut of guards that will probably see some time at the 3 spot. Unless, Silas goes with Woods at Center like last year then we are undersized across the front court.

8. sydmill

sydmill Member

#2 - Mobley
    #23 - Trey Murphy
    #24 - traded along with Danuel House to NOP for picks #34,40, & 43
    #34 - Charles Bassey
    #40 - BJ Boston - RGV
    #43 - Scottie Lewis - RGV

Re-sign Olynyk to lucrative 1 year deal with team option for second year.

1 - Wall/Thomas
    2 - KPJ/Gordon/Tate
    3 - Martin/Tate/Murphy
    4 - Wood/Olynyk/Mobley
    5 - Mobley/Olynyk/Bassey

I would like to have this next season answer some questions about KPJ as a 1 or a 2. I would love for him to be a point guard since I think his tools would give him a physical mismatch that would offset hos defensive issues. To that end he would play PG on the nights Wall sits and when spot minutes are there. I also want to see whether Tate is better suited as a 2/3 or a 3/4. Is he more Mario Elie or Ron Artest lite?

This lineup develops the Rockets young core while mixing in Wall and Gordon to hopefully build some trade value with each. Also, RGV has some reserves getting minutes to either showcase them for trades or to mix in those guys once Wall/Gordon are moved.

#28 sydmill, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    burlesk likes this.
  9. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wall has started every game he’s played in over the past 7 years and has only come off the bench a handful of times in his career. I would expect that continue, and I really don’t have a problem with it. There will be plenty of playing time to go around and don’t see it really having an effect on our record either way.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. raining threes

Add some Trey Murphy off the bench with Wiseman and I'm a happy guy.

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don't disagree with anything you are saying; but John Wall averaged 36 mins
    while sporting a 31% USG%. The two combined snuffs out any flame Porter/Green
    try create.

Rockets won't need to cater to Wall anymore....maybe getting Wall to play
    24 minutes a game as a backup building up Trade Value is enough to
    ruffle his feathers to opt out of that final year of player option.

Like CP3 with the Sun's**, listen to other team bids as a free agent next summer (2022).
    Go play for a contender instead of our rebuilding team.

**CP3 opted out of player option, making him a free agent for this summer (2021)

theDude and burlesk like this.
  12. raining threes

My lineup

KPJ
    Green
    Wood
    Porzingis traded for Wall
    Tate

Bench

EGo
    Thor
    Murphy
    Augustin
    Martin Jr.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Olynyk as much as anybody, but weve somehow collectively managed to ignore how inconsequential his defense is, probably because we havent been in games requiring defensive stops. Again, loce watching him play, and im not advocating anti-Olynyk sentiment. But he is what he is.

But as they start to get better, it will become more of an issue. Though i would guess, probably not as soon as next year, i guess.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really don't see Wall and or EG being a problem or a roadblock to the development of the young guys .... There's plenty of minutes to go around and I think it can be expected that both of those players miss 20+ games on the low side. Neither will play back to backs ... Can't see either of them averaging more than about 28 minutes per either.

Even if they both start , I still don't see them as a problem .... It doesn't matter who starts , it matters who finishes.

Also , if you have any hope of getting something in return for either or .... You have to rebuild their value and that means playing them.

It's impossible to nail down a rotation right now , they have so many FA's and then there's at least 3 draft picks and hopefully a MLE signing.
    We need to see what they do with Olynyk , Sterling Brown , Nwaba , Armoni Brooks & DJ Wilson .... Avery Bradley's club option ?