1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Many of you are selling Evan Mobley short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not buying that scenario at all.

Mavs are all in on Luka.

i3artow i3aller and saleem like this.
  3. 34to11

34to11 Member

You sure about that?

Don't be sorry, be careful.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree. I'm just stating I feel TF and Stone want another young star instead of the incoming rookies. I don't think anybody will have the patience to play with a rebuilding squad.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

people just going back and forth in circles at this point

this hyping up of the G-League does need to stop tho as if Cade, Mobley, or Suggs couldn’t have gone there and killed it

KPJr averaged 24 on 58% TS there at age 20, and then in the NBA it dropped to 17 on 53% TS…even someone like Armoni Brooks goes there and drops 17, 3, and 4 on 61% TS

sure, the G-League won’t have talent like you’ll find at some small, no-name Div 1 school, but people act like it’s the top league in Europe or something

Kuminga averaged 16, 7, and 3 in the G-League while not being able to shoot a lick. What do y’all think Cade or Suggs who are much better shooters and way more skilled would’ve put up?

jiggyfly, hakeem94, sydmill and 3 others like this.
  6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lmao at the Mavs trading us Luka. Some people are day drinking. We couldn't trade our entire roster snd three first rounders and get Luka to put in in perspective

jiggyfly, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not so much the GL numbers of Jalen Green that are impressive, it is the variety in the ways that he can score. The variety is what makes him such an intriguing prospect. It's where the Iverson/Kobe stuff comes from.

Watching Evan Mobley, the guy basically doesn't have moves. Not 1... Tough to swallow for a #2 pick, even with his fantastic defensive potential.

hakeem94, saleem, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  8. MystikArkitect

True. If the Rockets believe that Jalen Green does not have the potential to be the next Dwayne Wade or Donovan Mitchell, then by all means draft Mobley with the understanding that he's at best a #2. I'm honestly fine with them drafting Mobley and trading Wood for a 1st round pick next year. If you are expecting Wood to be part of a winning core moving forward, then draft a wing and move on. I find both Wood and Mobley redundant. Mobley is far and away a better prospect than Wood. He's already miles better than him defensively and will make an impact on that end of the floor immediately.

We still need a Luka, Trae, Donovan Mitchell, Harden, Lebron, Tatum, Lillard, etc if we draft Mobley. I'd love to get both Suggs and Mobley and build around that. This team would get really smart really fast.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Sampson would never be a top 5 player in any era cuz he couldn't stay healthy. That's my fear with Mobley and how he runs and his size is like Sampson.

Ayton was drafted over Luka. That's why it is relevant. Even if Ayton is a good player Luka is way better... it's a perimeter oriented league.

hakeem94, Denovo and Rocket_Man_2.0 like this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

Informative thread

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ralph wasn't left down low..that's what killed him. But he was insanely talented/versatile....and we had Dream who needed to play inside.

To me, Mobley MOVES like KD...but there are parallels with Ralph... Both of these guys had seemingly understated stat lines in college... very similar too. But, they were about winning....As with Ralph, I'm assuming EM is more impactful as a pro, and puts up much bigger #'s.

JayGoogle and D-rock like this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I wouldn’t want to do that anyway and I am day drinking

14. dmoneybangbang

I agree with Clutch on the LockedOn podcast that he moves like 3/4 in a centers body. It's really hard to compare Sampson and Mobley since it was different eras and styles. I can see why though since they are both super tall and super long.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

So we're just outsourcing random tweets from folks who have also been wrong and using that as a frame of reference? Also saw a lot of Hartenstein mentioned, but its never along with the fact that he put up those numbers his 2nd year in the G League. His first year he was 10pts 7rebq

34to11 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

2nd ... 3rd ...10th ... makes no never mind - there was no way in hell Harty's crazy G League production was going to translate to real NBA.

jiggyfly, JayGoogle and saleem like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Now it’s time for Stone and the Rockets to put the word out they, too, want Mobley. Then Cavs will offer the 3rd and a ton of picks for Detroit’s #1 to get Mobley. We end up with Cade and Detroit “settles” for Green.

that win-win-win is going to speak itself into existence!