1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There is a 100% chance an ex-rocket will be in the finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jun 19, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

Morey's patience or trying to make a move? You think morey traded away picks, rotation players for 2nd rounders that had no basketball move or incentive for cap flexiblity, he doesnt get money. all he does is throw away assets he accumulated himself. Only one man sees those tax benefits, not fans, not rockets...Just tillman.

Can you guess who went on TV, contradicted you to the public? Hint. Its not Morey.:

"They ran different statistics by me.

My basketball ops [operations] got maybe a little weak at the end, and I just said, ‘We’re doing this. We are going to make the change. We’re going to go after it and roll the dice. We’re going to find that 5 percent.’

The one thing I believe you do in business, and you do in basketball, is you never sit still."

TheRealist137 likes this.
  2. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

There is a hundred percent possibility that no present day Rockets will be in the finals.

3. HROZ

HROZ Member

It was Morey's fault Cp3 got traded????

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Which is why Harden has yet another 2nd round exit on his accolades... with KD. And in the East.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yet one of them has to win this year.

Playoff George, Chris Paul, Embiid, Giannis. (Clint)

One of those 'early round losers' is gonna win.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Harden always complained he needed help. Harden nut huggers always felt he was robbed of MVP. How much more help does Harden need before he realizes he is a mediocre team mate. The only reason he made it to the WCF is because of CP0, which he quickly threw under the bus in favor of Wastebrook.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Harden's type can do things for 3 positions.

But he doesn't have to, Bball is a team sport. He doesn't do everything on an elite level.

That is why other stars do not feel they get the most of that synergy. They feel their purpose is lessened.

Lebron does things similarly but people have more respect and he won more.

He does listen more albeit reports. Also Harden has fewer 'real friends' in the NBA than Lebron.

His only superstar friends seem to be WB and Durant.

#27 daywalker02, Jun 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

This is not a part of the sacred timeline. Loki did it. Chaos.

tinman likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What did defeats what If

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Based on your logic and the result, trading Capela was the right move.

trading CP3 and Bev and Dwight were not.

Morey should trade away loser Harden instead.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

When will our Rockets be in the Finals? It’s only been 26 years……‍♂️

12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I see him on that list and remember he’s on the Sixers (and still in the NBA). It’s amazing what an afterthought Dwight Howard has become. I remember when he came to Houston it was stop-the-presses, league-changing news. I remember the welcome rally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just another one of those in bang/ out whimper acquisitions, I suppose. But it has to be near the top.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am rooting for Clint. I am hoping a Hawks-Suns finals, two traditionally playoffs loser teams.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Yup.... we consistently unearthed talent. It just sucks the timing was off plus luxury tax savings.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yes. Ben DuBose and others have doubled down on the fact that Harden wanted CP3 for Westbrook to happen. Tilman pushed it over the edge. Meaning Morey (and likely DAntoni) were opposed to it. Many people here just think "but GM manage trade! Owner no manage trade!"

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I guess its time to blame GM Harden. At least LeGM gets his team a finals appearance or a ring.

DaDakota likes this.