1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell to retire after last home game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, May 11, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao I love how crazy this man looks without trying. And for those wondering which guy I’m talking about, the answer is yes.

txtodd, sirjesse and topfive like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Have it a trio with Bullard because Bullard and Bill have done it for years also with him and I'm sure they both want to be there.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Sorry, Bull gives off a "good boyish" vibe that's too similar to Bill, which makes me want to punch him in the face. Bill and Calvin were polar opposites, which made them an awesome combo to listen to.

This clip below blows away what Bill and Bull does on a game-to-game basis.....and I was fortunate enough to hear Bill/Calvin do this during their glory years.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Bill Worrell is going to be a part of the biggest FA signing in NBA history, this offseason. Man's retiring just to unretire, and establish the Worrell dynasty.

TimDuncanDonaut and Nook like this.
  5. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

Love Bill , but him saying DADDY twenty+ times a game was getting to be too much

Kenyon Martin is KJ’s dad , father, pops , old man
    Can he use something besides DADDY

#45 NeonTiger, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Bo6 likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

You might wanna keep your optimism in check for now. As much as everyone loves Ackerman, this franchise is now owned by a man with a quickly established track record for confidently making wrong moves.

HP3 and J Sizzle like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman's other son will now be the play-by-play guy to replace him. It was a long and diligent search, but he is the right man for the job.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This would be a great idea. We must tweet the station to make it happen

HP3 likes this.
  9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Sad he had to go on a low note. He messed up a lot but it was charming in its own way. You will be missed Bill!

BamBam likes this.
  10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I remember Bill back from the HSE days...you know, when I had to get my lazy ass off the couch and walk over to the tv to actually physically turn the channel. 80s Rocketball was so much fun.

BamBam, Nook, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  11. xaos

xaos Member

Sad, we might actually get the #1 overall pick and Bill Worrell won't be around to call it the Rockets' number 1 pick.

DrNuegebauer and Zen Tabak like this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bill is wayyyyyy quicker of wit than Craig and Bull, who commentate like they are 140 years old while Bill dies next to them praying for Calvin to come back.

Der Rabbi, Duke Fan, BamBam and 3 others like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has been great - honestly been declining for a few years now, still pretty good but it was noticable....he can go out before he turns into Harry Carey style of dribbling on the mic.

He is still quality - but I miss him and Calvin a lot....wish they would do the last game together.

DD

BamBam and BigM like this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

They absolutely should. Calvin obviously still works there. I’ll tune in for Bill’s last game but I’ll pay attention if they get Calvin to join him for a quarter or so.

Duke Fan likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why not the WHOLE game....and someone can bring COOKIES!

DD

donkeypunch, Duke Fan, BamBam and 2 others like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is Harden’s fault.

ico4498 likes this.
  17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Wow...what a tragedy this 2020 / 2021 basketball season has been. Losing the man that has called the games for nearly all my life.....

Best of luck Bill!

BamBam, deb4rockets and xiki like this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I will miss the man. He’s been a pleasure for many years. Best in a long and healthy retirement, Mr Mic.

BamBam, deb4rockets and Deckard like this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

An absolute fixture for enthusiastic and fun broadcasts and he will be dearly missed. After watching other sports and broadcasts, turning on a Rockets game felt like coming home to family.

Feels like the right time for him to retire with the change in ownership, front office, and identity for the Rockets. The Golden age is at an end. Long live the Golden age.

20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

From my understanding, he was universally respected and loved by everyone...from Super Star players to employees of the arena.

He is the voice of my formative basketball years, listening to him call games with Olajuwon winning Championships. He may or may not have been the best anymore, but I'll miss him.

Getting older sucks.

Scarface, BamBam, Deckard and 4 others like this.