1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to Fix the Rockets as fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxFanfrom93, Mar 28, 2021.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

What's sad is that Fertitta took over BR Guests' restaurants. Those restaurants had decent food. They weren't great but they weren't terrible. Now you look at the menu and you can see the Landry's stamp. Really sad honestly. I actually met the original Chef of Dos Caminos years ago Chef Trevino. Really talented guy who also came from TX.
    The only real way fans can help is to raise enough money to buy the Rockets. Anyone want to give Elon Musk a call?

HP3 likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@tinman

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

It's not a coincidence that from the time Tilman bought the team, our MVP demanded to be traded, our GM said it was time to step down, and our head coach left as soon as his contract was over.

And it's not even the fact that we are going through a rebuild- that's a normal part of sports. But rather, it is how rapidly and how it happened. Since he bought the team, he has clearly established a priority of making cost savings in most, if not all, moves that were done.
    Is he the whole reason we suck now? No, probably not. But does he deserve a big amount of the blame for how rapidly we fell apart? Yes, undoubtedly.

Der Rabbi likes this.
  4. photojoe

photojoe Member

Ok

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Those are all suburb ass brands. The suburbs have ruined all of the great cities in Texas. They can put an aquarium downtown, sure, but who actually goes to visit that **** place? People from the SUBURBS. Lulzt

6. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Even with Harden how were you going to win? We couldn’t make it to the finals before this owner and our beloved GM and coach. It’s not like other free agents were forcing their way to come play with Harden or for our coach or for our GM, like Harden did with Durant and Irving. We were up against the cap. Same thing as this year no one wanted our assets.

I think the only thing we agree on is the normal rebuild process. Painful as it is, I’m glad we’re moving forward.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Its ok if youre a casual fan. Just dont go around spreading misinformation about a team you dont follow

The rockets had a multitude of opportunities to improve and they were already a clear championship level team

HP3 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

meh

most in the city barely even care about the Rockets when they’re good, and far less care now that they suck

the amount of people that would bother with some Tilman boycott is too minuscule to matter...I don’t go to any of the restaurants listed anyways

MIAGI99 and HP3 like this.
  9. bmd

bmd Member

It really is annoying. I distinctly remember it got worse after that 41-41 season. After that, for some reason, a lot of posters got really negative. Constantly bashing the team. It’s one of the reasons I don’t post here that much. Too much pessimism.

And it’s fine to have valid criticisms of the team, but so many posters here just outright bash every facet of the organization for the dumbest reasons. It’s tiresome.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not sure we're at the point of "Boycott the owner" quite yet.

Usually, that takes a decade of futility, not a single season.

HP3 likes this.
  11. bmd

bmd Member

How in the world have suburbs ruined cities?

12. HP3

HP3 Member

What? We are ass. The same people "bashing" the team are the ones who have been supporting the team prior. All the "optimists" now are the ones who were hating before when we were good. And you know what, we are in a pretty bad spot right now. We are one of the worst teams in the league tanking and we the worst owner in the league probably, its gonna be dark for a few more years. The only hope here is to draft well.

DVauthrin and jerryclark like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

What about THIRTEƎN? Or nah?

[​IMG]

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Place actually has a menu i'm interested in. I'll eat there.

HP3 and Salvy like this.
  15. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

I will support that business all day. Harden gave this city his blood, sweat and tears

16. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Ok.
    Started watching basketball as a kid with my dad. This is the first sport I remember us watching together. I’ve been watching religiously (aside from last year) each year every year.

If I’m misinformed, inform me? I watched free agents year after year chose another destination. Durant, Butler, etc. no one was forcing their way here with the exception of Paul. And yes make no buts about it, Paul was no longer here because Harden wanted him gone! I thought Morey walked on water. But he had his flaws. He couldn’t draft for one.

This was Hardens team. Every player in the league knew it. He left to go somewhere else because he couldn’t win here and no one was breaking down the door to join his team.

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

It doesnt matter how long youve been watching if you dont understand what youre watching. All this gossip "harden doesnt want paul here" "this was hardens team" is worthless skip bayless espn talk

To start most players arent moved because they "forced" their way somewhere

Chris paul never forced his way here. He was a free agent that opted into his contract so that we could trade for him. Superstars arent the only players of value in the nba. The warriors themselves will tell you we were not a durant or butler away from being contenders. We were contenders already and either the number 1 or 2 favorites to win it all.

Moreys drafting was not the problem either. Our last 1st round draft picks were sam dekker, jeremy lamb who was traded for james harden and clint capela who was our starting center. We had assets and opportunities to further improve the team but tilman either refused to use them or wasted them in order to dump salary. That is the only reason we are in the position we are in right now

Der Rabbi likes this.
  18. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

How has no one made a good ketchup and mustard themed “Sell the Team” line of merch on Redbubble?