1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There is too much Rockets hate right now.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Mar 26, 2021.

1. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

rocket fans are pretty polite as fans go ... i appreciate the op's effort, hate is pointless but, we should to be way more critical of the new folks.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Very nicely put OP. I started to feel a little better until I realize Tilman is still gonna be the owner.

darksoul35, gifford1967 and Nook like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

An excellent post, Nook, as always. I'll attempt to appreciate the silver linings later, after I track down a full bottle of Pepto-Bismol and empty it.

tycoonchip and Nook like this.
  4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Wake me up when Cash Considerations is signed.

Nook likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate the Rockets but I find it very hard to care about them right now.

Deckard, Manny Ramirez, Nook and 2 others like this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Trust the process. This is the way. We are slowly but surely making way for young players to develop while losing. This could not have turned out better. Levert is terrific player but was a question mark on health and Rockets needed something to put out on the floor immediately. Plus Levert is better than Dipo but still not a cornerstone to get tied up with a long contract when not even close to contending. Dipo was a expiring. That is the only reason Rockets gambled on him. It he turns a corner you resign him if not you trade him.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This 10000x.

I personally want this franchise to succeed because they not only brought the first professional sports championship to this city but also because they've been very good for quite some time now. Sure there's been blips but it never got THIS bad in the past 30 or so years. I'm not a Stoner but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Ownership is where all of my anxiety and pessimism points to.

darksoul35, TWS1986 and Nook like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are at the Twolves tonight and in previous years a game on Friday night I would be down at Target Center. Even without COVID-19 I think I would rather watch what's on Amazon Prime tonight than go see this game.

Nook likes this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I have some bad news for you. Might want to sit down for this. That actually adds up to almost 50 years...

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Been a while since I’ve seen Royce “Be Well” White and TJ aka “lesser Dwight”.

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. thekad

thekad Member

lmao is this loser stalking me around an Internet forum because of an e-spanking he received?

toughen up little buddy

12. thekad

thekad Member

The best possible odds the Rockets have is 52%; that’s not the actual probability right now that they have to keep the pick in June - only what it would be if the lottery were held today.

No harm in hoping for luck, but there is in ignoring the dire reality of the situation: bad contracts, few good players, no stars, owed picks and a terrible owner. It’s an objectively bad position hinging almost entirely on a potential coin flip.

13. Sanity2disChaos

Games are a hit and miss now. I use to plan my nights around the rockets game but now it’s very hard knowing we will lose again. Where’s is the fast forward button!!

last two years have been pretty sh!tty if you ask me and all these variables to success is very underwhelming.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate the Rockets. I love and support this team. I just hate that going into every trade deadline I get soo excited about what we might do only to end up saving Tillman money.

We really need to find a way to get Tillman to sell the team.

darksoul35 and tycoonchip like this.
  15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Basket mad is jealous

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

You ain't seen hate yet... This is more like comedic reality... Hate will be if they don't get a top 4 and go into nest season with their pick down in the Gleague by game #20

Nook and joshuaao like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Awesome post. I chuckle sometimes reading people jump off a cliff after half-a-season to a season of losing. The Rockets organization has been a decent to great org for a damn long time. They don't have a history of suckitude like the old Clippers, the Kings, or the TWolves. The only thing I worry about this season is the intentions of the owner. If he's going to pennypinch his way season after season, we may be screwed. That being said, I will cry if we don't get the #1 pick this season. We deserve it.

PiPdAdY33 and Nook like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

basketmad is now basketHAPPY

DreamShook likes this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is the same guy that signed Tate, signed Wood, drafted KMJ and picked up KPJ.

It's absolutely insanity to say "this GM sucks" based on this deal... if you haven't looked at what they other options are.
    I have yet to hear anyone else say "he could have done x,y,z" where x,y,z are obviously better options.

The closest I am willing to say is he could have turned Allen into something better.... but even that's a stretch... Vucevic netted 2 firsts and an ok young player. Vucevic is an all star. Allen isn't close.

I would have said LeVert could have netted someone better, and that's a fair argument because when he made the trade Stone didn't know about LeVert's cancer diagnosis. But in hindsight, given the cancer diagnosis, he wouldn't have been able to do better.

If i read right, no trade in NBA history has returned the number of frps and pick swaps as the Harden trade. They might all turn to ****. And there was no Shai or Ingram type player. But meh... Ingram PLUS Zion PLUS decent signings around them have amounted to a bad team this year. Shai amounts to a bad team this year. And despite everyone's attempt to NOT INCLUDE KPJ in the Harden trade, it led DIRECTLY to it. If a trade nets a TPE and that TPE is used a day or two later to net a player, then I am going to include that player in judging the trade.

Harden for 3 firsts, 4 swaps, Bradley's contract (which should net a 2nd in the offseason), another Bucks first and Heat swap is a very good return. When you add KPJ it becomes potentially a great return. And if you add the fact it made them so bad that they might keep their own first round pick this year, it would become an AMAZING return.

So hold your horses.

Nook likes this.
  20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Indeed that b*stard :eek: