1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I went and showed a couple of houses to some folks and they did not like them. Opened up Clutchfans when I got back and Vic is still on the team. What a crappy evening.

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Clutch, would you throw in a first round pick to Miami to get Herro?

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I would easy

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Of the rumored teams most interested in him (PHI, MIA): both teams need a playmaker / secondary playmaker, and both teams need outside shooting. Especially Philadelphia.

Lowry provides those things + leadership. He's also a champion, can mentor young guys on whichever roster, etc.

I do think Miami is foolish in trying to make another Finals run, considering BKN is so powerful. But that's on Miami.

jcmoon, ramotadab, JayGoogle and 4 others like this.
  5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Agreed. At some point we have to cash in on some of the draft picks we have. You don’t want to make the same mistake that Danny Ainge made.

#2025 ashleyem, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes! Riley is not dumb and thinks very highly after the organizations own players which makes trading with him incredibly difficult. It makes me not even want to work with that organization at all. If we can somehow land Hero that is a step in the right direction, young and a shooter! We need shooters in today's NBA. Another reason why I'm a bit hesitant to trade Eric Gordon right now. He's the only reliable shooter on this team. It's sad it's come down to this but it is what it is.

7. raining threes

Herro's not a bad player. He's a young player finding his way and he's had some great moments, he just needs to fing some consistency in his game. I think Herro for Olidipo would be a fair trade. Herro for Harden not so much. LOL

8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I like it when Clutch gets salty and speaks my mind for me. Miami, you don’t need another herro.
    upload_2021-3-23_19-24-54.gif

D-rock, raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He has negative BPM for his career which means the Heat are better when he doesn't play. He's significantly worse than he was last year. Name one thing he's good at? Heck name me one thing he's better than KPJ at. And we just basically got that guy for free...

If I'm being honest if he was black he's probably be out of the league.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Teams no longer sign players to long term contracts expecting them to remain loyal to the team that signed them. Teams trade the security of a long term contract for the right to get back assets down the road if the player demands a trade.

jcmoon, ramotadab, Boston84 and 4 others like this.
  11. raining threes

I think KPJ is the better player. Certainly KPJ is more likely to become the better player.

Like Clutch said, I think he's a guy that if he gets back to how he was playing last yr can be a 3rd guy on a championship level play.

ramotadab, Nook, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol he was awful last year outside of a few games in the bubble and people got all excited about the tiniest sample size. Even when he scored 36 pts in the playoffs the Heat were -11 with him on the court... When in actuality the large sample size tells you he's not good. No one even knew who he was before the bubble. He was basically irrelevant.

He didn't even have a run as long as Linsanity and we've all seen how that story ends.

13. raining threes

You keep on reading those DVOA's.

I'm certainly not going to change your mind.

BTW, he's 21 yrs old, he's certainly got the ability to improve.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Mark C

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think he's more of a replacement for the Eric Gordon role. He's a permanent crucial 6th man which is not a bad thing. He'll still get paid.

16. AB_KIAd_myCar

AB_KIAd_myCar Member

Its the perfect time for Sergio Llull to come and save the franchise

17. Nook

Nook Member

Well, considering that the “rich white guys” bend over and take it up the ass from the players (who are a majority black) and the contracts are largely guaranteed... I would say you don’t know what you are talking about.

Also your take that Herro wouldn’t be in the league if he were black is absurd... I am guessing you haven’t studied rosters close enough.... Jared “Penguin” Dudley is black and still in the league. Players in the NBA are not in the league because they are black or white

Herro isn’t a star but he is very promising. He just turned 21 years old and is under contract for at least a couple more years. He has a lot of basketball skills. He passes well, rebounds well, is solid on blocks and rebounds, he hits his free throws and has an excellent feel for the game and plays well in pressure spots. He needs to improve his three point shooting (he has good form) and ideally would draw more contact driving to the lane... but at least one of those issues are fixable.

A player like that is more valuable than a 28 year old coming off major surgery that isn’t playing back to back and has already turned down a 2/45 contract.

pantherheat1022, jcmoon, Vivi and 9 others like this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Herro in the bubble had a similar effect to how good tournament play used to lead to players being over drafted. Teams have become aware of that trend and limited it recently but there was a study done over 5 years ago that said greet tournament play could jump a prospect by 5 places. P

19. Nook

Nook Member

Lowry is a better offensive and defensive player than Oladipo and he is healthier.... Lowry is just better.

jcmoon, Vivi, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  20. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Cool reverse racisim bro.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.