1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The endgame isn’t to move love to another team—that is the cherry on top of the two 1st rounders we get from Cleveland. Love it more now that you understand we’re taking in a contract to get more picks for a rebuild?

saleem likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No change of that.

3. saleem

I don't think TF will allow PF to go over the LT at any cost. I think the old man runs the show. I don't know if PF is strong or smart enough to bring us back in contention. Only time will tell.

4. ReturnOfTheMac

C Wood X Markkanen would be beautiful

bigreg, joshuaao, eliefor3 and 5 others like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

you ever think maybe you don’t have to respond to every trade idea rejecting it? Odds are, you’re right. Guessing a specific trade is unlikely but I always see you responding with definitive statements. Neither you nor me know the exact value of any particular player. Unless you have special insight that we aren’t aware of you don’t bring anything by being such a negative response.

Htown Legend and Sep11ie like this.
  6. saleem

You may be right, but Obi is improving and Oladipo is failing right in front of us. The Knicks management has finally improved after being in the doldrums. I don't mean to be a know it all type at all. I like your posts and read them with interest. I just seriously doubt that Oladipo can yield us Toppin. I would love to be wrong about his perceived low value.

treyk3 and BamBam like this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If you could get Unprotected FRP’s or very lightly protected for taking on Love, I would do it in a second. Buy him out after next year if you can. I’d take 2021 unprotected and a future top 4 protected down the line. Dipo and filler or if they insist House. Don’t really think Cleveland will do any of this, because they can’t attract free agents for sh**.

saleem and steddinotayto like this.
  8. mightybosstone

I'd love that, but would anyone else be shocked to see Chicago make that move? It just doesn't make any sense. They're having their best season in years and seem to have finally found a potential franchise cornerstone in Lavine. Markkanen seems like the obvious second best player on that roster, and that young core could really grow together. Why tear it apart now when he's having arguably the best season of his career?

The only way I see Chicago making that deal is to get a player they see as either better than Lauri or is at least on par with, but is a better fit than him. I don't see a reason for them to want to stockpile draft picks anymore. They should be looking to build around that young core with more talent, not break it up.

9. steddinotayto

I think he's looking to get an extension of about $20 million per season...which would put him in the same range as his fellow draft mates (Fultz, Isaac, OG). The drawback for me is that he's never played a full season before but the talent is undeniably there. 4 years, $80 million with a player option on the 4th year wouldn't be bad at all.

joshuaao and saleem like this.
  10. steddinotayto

That last sentence is very true, however, they now have the ability to overpay for a free agent (Collins from ATL?) with Love off the books.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I have no idea if the Knicks would trade Toppin. I honestly wouldn't want him. He's a 23 year old rookie. I'd honestly take Tate over him right now.

He'd be an interesting flyer but he was a reach at #8 and I'm sure the Knicks regret not taking Halliburton already.

Why is everyone acting like Oladipo is washed?

The guy had a serious foot injury while playing here completely unrelated to his quad.

He came back quickly and as we see now slowly but surely he is rounding back into form.I would hold onto him if the offers aren't there.

@foggy94 has the stats, but Oladipo is getting better and better every game. This narrative needs to stop that he's washed. He had a new injury here and it took him some time to round back into form but he's pretty much there.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Only on offense.

13. steddinotayto

The rumor is that the Bulls didn't want to pay Markkanen the first time he was eligible for an extension and wanted to play the wait-and-see game with him like how they did with Jimmy Butler. Of course that blew up in their face as Butler left. They're most likely dangling Markkanen for a couple of 1sts and a young player in return. Remember this team is still owned by that cheapass Reinsdorf.

mightybosstone likes this.
  14. saleem

I don't think Obi is explosive like the media makes him out to be, and his lateral movement seems slow to me. Halliburton has really surprised me with his maturity.

treyk3 likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I've made the point that Dipo has been improving and could see keeping him if he was willing to accept a decent contract, but that is an extreme long shot. The problem is not how he is playing is that he is a rental to anyone but a select few teams. Maybe NY or Miami will pony up. Don't think he will re-sign with us unless we overpaid dramatically.

16. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Offensively. Defensively, eeh

Dacamel and saleem like this.
  17. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

From HawkSqawk:

"We are one of the most called teams with Houston, Toronto, Orlando, and New Orleans."

"Oladipo I am being told is massively overpriced. Teams expect his value to come down or Houston will keep him. He might not be traded after all. There is this idea Houston still wants to win games. They don't want to rebuild. He is saying people don't think Houston is truly selling. They want a lot of value in return."

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/432784-12012020-the-new-ask-supes/page/18/#comments

mikol13 and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  18. Rockets4Life13

WE ARE NOT WINNING ANYTHING WITH WALL AS A MAJOR PART OF THE TEAM. 30 SHOT ATTEMPTS FROM WALL DON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE.

WAKE THE FK UP RUHFELL

If this is true and we are truly not trying to rebuild, we will be stuck in a pile of **** forever.

Great news...

BHannes2BHonest and Mr Woods like this.
  19. steddinotayto

Oladipo massively overpriced? Stone's been reading way too much CF random trade threads.

Dacamel likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

FUUUUUUUU********.
    "I can save him! He's gonna make it!"
    Listen, Hawkeye, BJ.....he's gone. Let's call it. Time of death....