1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks buddy.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

So Stone wants to pull a Morey and acquire a player he initially drafted and later traded. Nice.

Add Melton to the list.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Winslow has largely struggled in his career. The one time where he started to play well is when the Heat let him play point guard/creator. I don’t think he should be that expensive in trade if the Grizzlies want to move him.

Melton is one of the 2-3 best back up point guards in the league so he would likely cost quite a bit because of his age, his ability to guard at an elite level and his contract.

DonKnock, joshuaao, D-rock and 7 others like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You are welcome. I'm guessing Kenyon M jr plus late first rd pick in your take. Probably correct to obtain them.

Player can be injured and traded if both parties agree. Exum to Rockets is evidence of that. Exum/Nwaba traded now
    will mostly be used as filler. As both are free agents (end of season) and Nwaba probably needs surgery on the hand.

Right now I would rather keep Kenyon over Winslow. Neither can shoot much but Martin is a little quicker and more explosive.

D-rock, raining threes and saleem like this.
  5. saleem

I don't want to give Martin up. I would only be interested in Winslow if he could reproduce his Miami performances. He doesn't look quick enough to me unlike his earlier days. I have made my opinion that there isn't a need for him. We need a steal, and that's hard to obtain.

charlieaustin and ApacheWarrior like this.
  6. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Objective #1 get VO off the roster. Silas will have no other choice than to start KPJ. Stop messing with this kid's head. Should have been left in G league to finish off a productive comeback. Would hate to lose Nwaba. Need to get rid of House and McLemore. Winslow could be salvaged. Melton is solid. Acquire rotational assets.

We got potential stars. Wood & KPJ. Hopefully more with the draft. Clear the roster of Morey/Harden era.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not to be petulant and sour, but why should I break precedent established so long ago? I am SO glad Morley stapled Melton to Ryan Anderson to dump Anderson’s Godzilla-turd of a contract.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

9. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Why would they want him?

Corrosion, Williamson, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Oladipo in exchange for Pistons dropping protections on their FRP. Done and done.

11. SRR21

SRR21 Member

And what would we want?
    That would be amazing but no way. Hou would have a better chance of prying Grant away. Neither is very promising to happen.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Two Options

1) They want to pair him with Grant.
    2) They want to clear Grant's salary.

Option 1 is hard to find a combination that is realistic to match salary (no one wants that Plumlee deal)
    Option 2 would likely include the Rockets sending Detroit their pick back and then one of the Blazers or Bucks picks. Pistons would buy out Oladipo and he would probably sign with Miami.

13. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Detroit seems to be the last poorly run team in the NBA with McNair now in SAC and Gersson in MIN.

Hope Stone takes advantage. Would be hilarious to send Dipo to live in Detroit rather than Miami/NY.

joshuaao, saleem and treyk3 like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I really can't see that happening but it's definitely a funny rumor.

Oladipo seems like a really nice guy who just wants to play in Miami.

Stone should have done his research and flipped him to Miami in the original trade or held onto Levert instead.

Sanity2disChaos, D-rock and Mr Woods like this.
  15. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

Detroit was dumb enough to package a first along with Wood, maybe they think Oladipo’s a good addition, and they’ll lessen the protections for the coming years instead. So instead of top 16 protected for the next few years, maybe Stone can get them to make it top 5 protected this year, and top 3 protected for the foreseeable future. If DET is willing to make it unprotected than you do that deal before they change their minds. That’s a possibility of 2 top 3 picks this year.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  16. saleem

Option 2 is probably what they want. What can the Rockets get out of them in return?

17. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Feels like Kyle Lowry is the one piece that needs to fall for Oladipo’s market to heat up. Miami and Philly in particular.

Best case, Toronto holds onto him past the deadline, and we create a bidding war between Miami, Philly, Atlanta, Denver, etc.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

willing to overpay to get a ‘star’ as they are not a destination...

PiPdAdY33 and D-rock like this.
  19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Kmj over Winslow all day. We are a young team now, it would be dumb to give up on a young promising rookie for a veteran who pretty much is what he is now.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Exactly

When I asked for more details, I meant will they sweeten the deal more?

What is our exit strategy from all these guards? Timing?

When the dust settles, who we got?

#1240 ApacheWarrior, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    raining threes likes this.