1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Youtube] The NBA's Greatest Peaks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Jan 4, 2021.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Guess who's next?

Patience and JumpMan like this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

ben taylor only makes topics on popular players in the nba, still has not said what his formula is when it comes to ranking players. I would respect him, if he made a harden video and used facts and not opinion when it comes to his placement among the greats. Most of the negatives i have heard from ben when it comes to harden is that he believes harden's game relies on high usage to yield results, or that hardens game is not scalable across eras( lol based on what). We have seen harden as a 6th man, as a high usage player and currently with his lowest usage since his last year in okc. and he is leading the nba in assists and shooting his 2nd highest percentage when it comes to true shooting. Ben claims that the rockets hid harden on defense, but completely gives steph curry an excuse for the same thing. He doesnt give harden credit for being excellent in the switching defense scheme. And comes across as biased since harden broke his per 75 scoring metric in 2019

BigM likes this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps eventually move on to themes and eras. I would love to see the decades of domination from rocket PG’s including Moochie Norris Matt Maloney & Rafer Alston culminating to Westbrook and Wall

o_O:confused:o_O:confused:o_O:confused:

4. omgTHEpotential

Greatest peak was Mike James as a Raptor in 2005-06. Can't remember another scrub averaging over 20 points with 6 assists on scorching shooting percetanges.

5. durvasa

Stephen Curry looks to be the final profiled player for this series (also received the longest video breakdown):

6. durvasa

So, his complete list of profiled players with the highest peaks since the merger are:

Bill Walton
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    Larry Bird
    Magic Johnson
    Michael Jordan
    David Robinson
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Shaquille O'neal
    Kevin Garnett
    Tim Duncan
    Kobe Bryant
    LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Steph Curry

Other names that could have been considered, IMO:

Julius Erving
    Moses Malone
    Charles Barkley
    Karl Malone
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Dwyane Wade
    Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Giannis Antetokounmpo

7. HardenVolumeOne

longest video for curry lol, i've said it before and i'll say it again. Ben Taylor is a steph curry stan( so you have to take his analysis with a grain of salt). And what do all steph curry stans have in common... THEY HATE JAMES HARDEN. Harden by the time he finishes his career will be number 1 or 2 all-time in 3 point makes. along with the all-around scoring, rebounding, passing from a guard and he doesnt get a single video made about him. Harden's TS% when both kyrie and durant are playing this year is an insane 68.2% lol. Now Curry got to play with Klay and Durant a lot of his career which helps takes defensive pressure of him. Curry is a great shooter, but his shooting doesnt impact winning as much as ben taylor would have you believe. Curry still has yet to master how to control the pace and flow of a game.. little things that luka, and harden were just born with. Thats where draymond comes in, their is a reason draymond always shares the same minutes on court time with curry

8. durvasa

Not 36 minutes, but it’s something. :)

ksny15 likes this.
  9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

even though i really like ben's videos and want to think maybe he's seeing something i'm not with curry and he's not just a curry fanboy, giving him the longest video by far is not a good look.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

hey now, to be fair, ben included 4 or 5 clips of harden...being stopped by steph. apparently harden has never scored according to ben.

11. durvasa

I don't see a problem with the length of the video. That has more to do with what he thinks the player's play indicates about the game of basketball itself, rather than where that player ranks.