1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dr. Seuss cancelled

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, Mar 2, 2021.

1. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I am calling it. Curious George is next!!

tinman likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Tend to agree and would add that typically I find it to be rare that a poster isn’t obnoxious in all forums if they are obnoxious here. Case in point Hollic/Jopat/Bobby who will never even acknowledge the fact that Terrence Jones was a member of the Houston Rockets and that DMo shouldn’t be a first ballot HOF’er.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tinman likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Never call a private company deciding what to sell and not "cancelled". That term should be reserved for petitions for the government to do it.

Private companies according to Adam Smith, god of Libertarians, believes that they have this inherent right.

7. conquistador#11

Didn't know where to post but they're really trying to cancel Jimmy Fallon for having a guest dance to TIK Tok dance trends. The reasoning is they're dancing to dances black people choreographed not for competition or money, a fun segment. I enjoy the guest doing the musical impressions, writers of the songs don't get credited. It's ridiculous.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

TBH Fallon should have been cancelled for propping up Donald Trump

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Who's "they"?

I'm pretty sure I'm considered a "leftist" by most here and I'm tired of people telling me what I need to be outraged about.

Random twitter accounts can easily be ignored.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

They as in twitter world.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

Precisely. We can collectively end "cancel culture" by ignoring tweets. But publications especially right wing sources need to find stuff to deflect due to their lack of actual policy desires so they dig into this culture war rhetoric and find rando tumblr blogs and tweets to get outraged about.

I know you don't do that but it seems to me that is the vast majority of what the right seems as "cancel culture". Tweets and random blogs.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who is they, they're and why should we take them seriously?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Twitter world or random people on twitter?

Why do you care what they are saying?

14. conquistador#11

Blue check marks.
    I think it's an interesting topic on 'culture appropriation'.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Blue check marks?

What exactly do you think that means and why should you or I care?

You need to find out what a blue check mark means and it's not a sign of political affiliation or any other affiliation.

Blue check marks, really?

16. conquistador#11

It's not like I'm putting on my protest drip and headed out to streets for full support of Jimmy Fallon.
    I don't know what you want me to answer here.
    Why do I care when Tinman or Carl Herrera make a thread. . because it's the topic of the day.
    I'm just telling you NYT and other blue checks were upset for tik tok dances. If you wore that superman outfit to your local grocery store and some Kryptonian saw you, He might say why is Jiggfly wearing our tradition. He ain't about that life. He didn't escape mass persecution. You might just like red and blue and cool cape or you want to show homage to the Kryptonian way of life. Either is cool but it sucks that some Kryptonian will get offended.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're right about Superman being racist. I think @jiggyfly should be forced to give up his avatar

https://bentcorner.com/racist-superman/

superman_slap_a_jap.jpg

18. fchowd0311

I learned a while back that cancel culture for conservatives can essentially be a mere discussion that something might be offensive. Like we can't even write an article about expressing these opinions without the label of "cancel culture" being hurled. Seems ironic for a group that values freedom of thought.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The NYT? was this an OP ED or an article please link.

And once again why are you using Blue checks as an entity and a entity that anyone should care about or take seriously?

This is not the topic of the day its random people on twitter and maybe a article in the NYT.

If you want to talk about culture appropriation cool I think much of it is overblown and just people looking for attention and this seems to be a great example, these people are clout chasing on the name of Fallon, this is not some nation wide movement.

I bet there are just as many Blue Checks calling this foolishness as well.

Once again why do these particular Blue Check marks matter?

I checked and this is not even showing up as a thing when I google it.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Anyone who proves who they are can receive a blue check. It just means you are who you say you are.

jiggyfly likes this.