1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Mason Jones will be a...

1. MVP

2. All-Star

3. Basic

4. Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He won't be free long.

allanivan and don grahamleone like this.
  2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He was too timid. All he does is tip toe around the three pt line catches the ball takes a couple dribbles and looks to pass. Puts no pressure on the defense at al.

Deuce, apollo33, Mr Woods and 4 others like this.
  3. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Donte Greene 40 piece in a summer league game got us Ron Artest lmao

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Whack

HP3 likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

True. Someone will give him a G-league shot. Realistically, that's probably his ceiling. At best #10-#12 roster guy.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He showed promise early, but the sample size was very small. Anyone is going to look like a super star if they shoot 60% from the 3 point line. He'd been shooting poorly his last ten games from everywhere (24 FG%/14 3pt%) and had an AST/TO ratio of less than one. The team can see him in practice and we as fans cannot. He didn't project as a plus defender had below average athleticism. Wish him the best elsewhere but we're all aboard the KPJ train now.

IvanLCPM, gfab-babyboi, Amel and 4 others like this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Damn, got that quick hook.

8. houtown

houtown Member

Played well and was on fire in the beginning but was benched for no reason that I could notice and was threw in their cold after, expected to produce all of a sudden. Find it a bit unfair for a young player and indicative of the coaching staff at this point in time. Pinning their failures on the most vulnerable.

hakeem94, D-rock, Dacamel and 4 others like this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Jones peaked early season when we were playing with nothing to lose. These last few opportunities, he's looked outside his depth. Tentative, poor shot selection, turnovers, etc. He's had good plays here and there, but the total package has not been what it was. Hoping he gets a shot soon with another team, but not many worse than us out there.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

More likely suffered from the effect of no longer playing with Harden on the same court.

11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I also think the team sees a greater need at the 3/4/5 slots, which is why Lamb got called up. Only so many 2-way contracts. Wondering if the team also calls up Queen at some point after the deadline.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Jones has a very high opinion of himself, it is what let him lose 70 lbs, go to a prep school after high school... go to a JUCO and then finally excel at Arkansas where he was an elite scorer.

Personally I am a fan of his ability and confidence. I don’t know exactly what Silas dislikes about him but it was obvious very early that there was friction there.

Silas can be passive aggressive, but I really don’t know if it was a work ethic issue or a personality issue. If it is a personality issue, the nearly 50 year old coach should have worked with the 21 year old player.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Doesnt it strike you(or anyone else) that this kid had SO MUCH confidence, yet when he stepped on the floor, it was nothing but him being passive??? Like that is just very strange to me man, I dont get it.

jiggyfly, hakeem94, foggy94 and 4 others like this.
  14. csc177

csc177 Member

He comes from a family of athletes - his brother won a chip with duke but never made it the nba. He’ll get one more go with a team before he gets shipped overseas or bounced around g league

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

It happens sometimes he didn’t even make his high school team as a junior in high school.... he had a meteoric rise to losing a huge amount of weight.... to a year of JUCO to being arguably the best player in his conference to the draft and NBA..... that is a huge amount all shoved in basically 3 years... to start the season he had a green light... and then they had him working on multiple things, being a point guard, his defense... he had Wall chirping in his ear... that is a lot to take in. Personally I think he is a pretty good shooter and a really solid defender.... I think they should have slowed it down a bit for him, but Silas wasn’t interested in that... let’s wait and see, maybe he doesn’t amount to any loss, but I suspect if he sticks it out and is in the right spot he can become a good role player in the NBA.

D-rock, Dacamel and HP3 like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dang this sucks. I liked Mason. If they did this to run KPJ at the 2 I gave mixed feelings.

D-rock, allanivan and varughese.arun like this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Will he make us pay for this later? That’s the important question for me.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

First step and quickness is not NBA level. He's young and still can't get by anybody.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Disappointed to see this but he became irritatingly gunshy in recent times he was allowed to play and it's puzzling why. It feels like the organization is giving up on him too quickly. Was looking forward to him possibly getting more playing time once they cleared some of the current players off the roster.

20. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

He is not good