1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden doesn't have any help crowd is looking bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 2, 2021.

1. riko

riko Member

Fair enough

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Pelicans and Thunder managed to get a good young player in return to go along with a ton of picks while we got useless Dipo, useless Exum, and scrub Kurucs who should probably start learning Chinese soon...we got nothing of immediate substance...we are left hoping that some pick in 2024 or 2026 ends up becoming good

this is why I’m all aboard the tank...that is our best shot at getting something good after the Harden trade

trading Harden allowed us to suck immediately and hopefully draft a guy we can build around for years to come...Rockets need to take full advantage of that opportunity and tank hard

D-rock, DatRocketFan, sydmill and 2 others like this.
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

He always was and is the great eraser. Built like a tank, always there, always on MVP. You don't appreciate it until its gone. He wipes away how sh1tty your team is and just guarantees you a ton of wins. He's not able to beat 5 all-stars by himself but he can make you look like you could have beat them and really he did that one time in the playoffs. Make no mistake, Harden didn't fail this franchise, Morey did. In a time of superteams, Morey committed a fatal error with Ryno that cascaded into today. We should not repeat the lesson as we laughed at Philly at the time with Hinkie and tanking and look at where we are both at now.

4. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Who said I am a TMAC fan? lol

It's ok to admit Harden is a loser. There is tons of evidence to back you up! Have a good one boss! :p

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

Complete failure is blowing it up. I would keep it but make some roster changes if they can't make the finals, but thats all I do if I'm the Nets.

Not a low bar, the Sixers are a really good team. They have a shot at taking the Nets down in 7.

D-rock likes this.
  6. riko

riko Member

Yeah, putting on the monkier Tmac is a giveaway. Yep being arguably the greatest combo guard of all time is a loser. MVP, been two three western conference finals. One of the greatest scorers of all time .

D-rock likes this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Career high in ugly too. Amirite?

D-rock likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol the Nets will just to leave Ben Simmons wide open and they sixers won't be able to score enough points to win.

If you have the best players in the series you better beat the Sixers.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

6'10 Ben Simmons is no Russ Westbrook, even if still only 24.

Simmons attacking basket opens up other players because he is tall enough to pass over the defense.

pr0wler and s3ts like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Don't give me regular season stats. We all know how game plans change over 7 games. Giannis isn't nearly as effective in the playoffs when teams pack it in. That's what is gonna happen to Simmons.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let me know when Giannis is the best in 3 ball assists in NBA.

Giannis is a black hole in big games, Simmons is the opposite of that.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

By opposite you mean way worse? Ones a two time MVP. Other one is just a dude. Don't get the Simmons love. He's great on defense but against the Nets it won't matter cuz he can't guard KD, Kyrie, and Harden. I predict a sweep especially after Nets sign Drummond.

There is a reason Morey was trying to give up Sinmons and the farm for Harden.

How they gonna get open threes. I'm not saying to help on Simmons just saying to sag way off. Lou Dort Defense.

#394 RHU525, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's see, Giannis cant even win a game without his THIRD best player.

Simmons is winning games even when MVP candidate Embiid sits and 76ers are BEST IN THE EAST unlike the Bucks.

That's what I mean by opposite.

And you bringing up those TWO stolen MVPs just makes me smh.

s3ts likes this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Giannis deserved it last year. He had the highest PER in nba history. The one before sure was stolen.

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol do you even do research before you speak?

https://www.si.com/nba/76ers/news/sixers-doc-rivers-overreact-record-joel-embiid

Did they finally win one without him? Even when he scored 42 they lost..

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Has nothing to do with Ben Simmons. Lol they are a whopping 1-5 and you act like Ben Simmons leading them to first seed. They just won 2 in a row without him. Crushed the Rockets without him...

I don't even like Giannis. Just saying the playoffs teams will scheme against Simmons just like they do Giannis and Westbrook cuz neither can shoot a lick.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are right, the comparison should be between DIPO and Simmons, not Giannis.

Dipo is not even close to Simmons in terms of value or on court performance.