1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Silas Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 11, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

small ball as primary system in the long run gives us no chance, you got to take losses to develop new system. rockets aint winning chip anyway right now so its perfect moment

2. mdinc14

mdinc14 Member

you should be directing your vitriol to the owner not Silas. Although he’s deserving he’s here because he doesn’t cost much. JVG didn’t want to be here because Morey was on his way out. Morey was on his way out because Tilman didn’t shut up and listen when Morey said trading for Westbrook was a bad idea. So it all comes back to the tilman.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The current distance from our planet to the sun is 91.826 million miles.

That's slightly longer than the leash I'm going to give Stephen Silas. He's been dealt a complete mess, and I want him to feel perfect freedom to experiment and see what works. That includes failed experiments with players we end up trading as a result. The worst thing we can do is make this guy feel that he's under pressure to produce wins at the expense of rethinking everything we do.

JayGoogle, Richie_Rich, Easy and 11 others like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

That’s literally what he’s doing. Cousins has been terrible for us. He can’t finish out games.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Enjoy watching smallball V2 tonight. The sequel is rarely as good as the original (and the original sucked). Rockets fans no longer think “big”....we settle for 27 years of mediocrity. Thought NASA was a positive symbol of the area. Now we accept smallball because we are accepting losing. Why not think big and go get Andre Drummond??? We have picks and certainly a lot of money now. We become instant contenders with Drummond, Wood, Gordon, Dipo, and Wall as our starters. I even placed EG in the starting lineup as an olive branch to our small ball lovers. With Drummond and Wood starting you can afford to play Gordon as a small 3. Instead let’s keep rolling out Tucker and House and just be smiling and happy as we garner the 9th pick in the first round for OKC!!!

houtown and hakeem94 like this.
  6. PatBev

PatBev Member

He is trying to run a team with a **** show start, half the veterans know they are probably being traded, best player on the team is hurt while the other two starters switch sitting on back to backs

He ain’t that bad

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We also have core pieces that expected to be major comtributers by the end of the season currently in the g-league

8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

This thread sucks. Your star jumped ship and everyone is hurt. You were probably ready to suck his doc during that win streak. Go home bandwagon.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol aren’t you going to complain about his lack of mid range?

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  10. fchowd0311

KPJ seems to be okay taking mid range shots.

My problems with Harden wasn't his talent and skill level. Those elements have always been through the rough with Harden, it was mainly his mentality when things weren't going well in the middle of a game that pissed me off, going too far to the extreme in the 3 or lay up offense and his weight management in certain seasons.

I'm just exited to have genuine young talent. We really haven't had that in a while.

I'm willing to admit that when I watch Wall and Dipo play, I've taken Harden's talent for granted because watching them play can be so infuriating.

chadyang and BigShasta like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

.Its not really about Harden or MPJ. Its about the philosophy. We arent going to be taking more mid range than before. At most we will be takin those in the clutch, even now though, it doesnt seem like we do it that much.

If Harden's mentality was driving you up a wall, you really REALLY shoulndt be putting stock in that with Kevin Porter Jr.

D-rock likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

I know of KPJ's mental health issues. He's 20 though. It's merely just being optimistic.

HP3 likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Silas doesn't suck. He just has the worst luck.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm so glad Silas has self awareness.

Nook likes this.
  15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Tilman definitely has played his part in our current depressing situation. His cheapness is the reason we got rid of Capela and why we hired Silas. It’s also why we don’t have Jarret Allen and so on. It will rear its ugly head at the trade deadline again, when I assume he’ll start attaching first round picks to players that make a lot of money (EGordon) to get rid of salary.

harold bingo likes this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

There will always be those that look to place blame. In this case, some folks deserve some. Tilman, Morey, Harden, Pringles, Covid, the weather and and a few more. But Silas? He inherited this mess from all the above. Yea, some of his in game decisions can be criticized, sure. What coach cant be?

But blaming Silas as a principle problem is just way off IMO.

Denovo, JayGoogle and harold bingo like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Silas hasn’t looked amazing, but this team is ass

with an engaged Harden and great health, this team would be a 4th or 5th seed at best...without Harden and replacing him with broken down Dipo to go along with bad health, well, we see the outcome

but 2nd round and occasional WCF appearances with dreams of winning a title was so bad for many, so they can enjoy blowout Ls every night now instead

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas lobbied hard for Dipo over Simmons.

Silas CHOSE to run offense thru Wall instead of Harden.

Silas did not aggressively engage Harden from the beginning and CHOSE to give him space. Was also passive aggressive towards Harden instead of empowering. Silas purposefully cultivated Wall and Boogie as his team leaders and sided with them every time.

Silas may not be the PRIMARY factor for Rockets mess, but he is far from blameless.

Nook and chadyang like this.
  19. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Does he not know how to break the zone defense?

D-rock likes this.
  20. Rockets4Life13

Billy Donovan just sat almost the whole starting line up after halftime after being down by over 20 at HT with piss poor effort.

The Bulls came back to win the game.