1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Herro is good. I think he's severely overrated on this forum and by the Heat.

I honestly think Oladipo is better than him in 2021. I'm not sure Herro will ever be a positive defender. Lou Williams is who I see in him.

It's his age and the promise of a younger player and his pigmentation that makes people think he's a future superstar.

Duncan Robinson is being underrated by you. He's long, athletic and a pretty good defender. I honestly think he's better than Herro in 2021. Probably the best non-superstar shooter in the NBA, anytime he puts a three up, I think it's going in.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think you are vastly overating Dipo’s worth at this point. He is a rental, has indicated he won’t re-sign unless he likes the destination, is playing very poorly (no where near top 10 SG) and everyone knows the Rockets are desperate. If NY gave us 1 lightly protected first pick i would be thrilled.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think I can read your previous post and realize we are in disagreement on the value of Oladipo! We will know soon enough, until then it’s all a guess.

4. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's rely on How much money which the team would give him. The risk and reveru is all together

5. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

If he looks good for a few games then I think his stock improves, but I still don’t think we get a kings ransom

I think if he goes back to balling it’ll be a young player AND a first, if he doesn’t then it’s one or the other

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not down with these kinda moves .... its just a marginal move that doesn't really move the needle in the future.

If I'm sending out draft picks , its gotta be for a game changer , not going from and 8-10 seed to a 6-7 seed ...

7. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Safe to say we’ll soon be the destination teams look to in order to dump bad contracts. One scenario I came up with:

https://tradenba.com/trades/mzsLkvBzy

I was on the fence about whether Detroit or Houston should receive the Denver SRP.

Why the Rockets do it: We’re in asset accumulation mode. We receive another 2021 FRP in a deep draft, and two 6’8 wings with good upside and both under 21 years old. Blake is also washed and not good enough to impact our tanking.

Why the Pistons do it: Get off on Blake Griffin’s contract, get a good look at Garry Harris who’s still only 26, and get some shooting help with BMac. Pistons are ranked 29th in overall shooting %.

Why the Nuggets do it: Increase title odds by improving dramatically defensively. Get another fringe all-star in Oladipo to surround Jokic-Murray-MPJ.

#2867 Mr Woods, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  8. Bowlrips

Bowlrips Member

Dude Victor Oladipo is on an expiring deal looking for max money in the offseason. Lucky if we get 1 asset worth acquiring and you seem to be expecting 3/4

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think 2 assets worth acquiring and maybe a flier thrown in. Okpala and Ntilkina are fliers. The picks would all be protected.

nothing I said is a king's ransom.

Herro or MPJ would require more assets going TO Denver or Miami.

Achiuwa+ Okpala + 1 FRP is nothing.

Mitchell Robinson + Frank Ntilkina + 1 FRP is nothing.

RJ Hampton or Bol Bol + 1 FRP is nothing.

These picks would all be protected. Which of these is a king's ransom?

10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

This is terrible for Houston.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Aaron Gordon fits all FIVE of these needs.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  12. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao what?????

Have you seen Duncan Robinson play, ever?

He is a terrible defender.

13. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

What if I added RJ Hampton coming to us?

Hampton - 20 years old
    Sekou - 20 years old
    Bey - 21 years old
    2021 FRP

That’s basically 4 FRPs for Oladipo and scrubs.

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't exactly say that Gordon is a "rebounding machine" and back up point guard is exaggerated. Sure he can handle the ball in certain situations, but probably not the guy you want to run your offense, especially with a career 32% from 3. .

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

AG is 36% from 3 this season.

He was also averaging over 6 assists a game since taking on point forward responsibilities this season.

AG also averages 7 rebounds this season, that is better than Tucker or anyone on team not named Wood.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only like Larry Nance option.

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Those draft picks to indy get a young big who can play and cap space. Still have like 8 more of them too.

Small changes over time can equal greater things.

Corrosion likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like I said, Nets would kill for PJ.

Most teams in contention would.

Corrosion likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Build around Wood-Porter-Tate.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

No offense but your expected returns on both Russ and Harden were way off. You thought we'd get prospects and picks for both. I fear you'll be looking at the same scenario with Oladipo.