1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Stop the steal” fundraiser

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jan 23, 2021.

?

How much was raised ?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2021.
  1. 200-500 millions

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 501-1000 millions

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. > 1 Billion

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. This is all a lie

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This was effectively fundraising off an anti-democracy message and was very successful. Set a dangerous precedent for others to follow. And follow they will IF there isn’t any real punishments for this abuse of public trust, interest and democracy.

Already raised 200m as reported in an early Dec campaign statement. Very little go to post election litigations and recount. Some go to pay off Trump election campaign debt. Much of it go into Trump PAC and RNC coffins. PAC has much more leeway on how fund can be used, almost like a “blank check”.

The next FEC filing is a week away. We should have a better idea (though not complete due to lack of transparency) on total amount raised post election.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

...the world may never know...

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Man, I was thinking about this ad not too long ago. I must have seen it two million times as a kid.
    And you have to think it cost like $17 to get some no-talent hack to draw that flipbook animation in the 1970's and then the ad company made serious bank!

#impressed

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That was high pop culture art in the 1970’s. They made at least $20 and some coke and heroin on the side.

B-Bob likes this.