1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon still pissed at the Capela trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 22, 2021.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I guess I'm in the minority. You look around and every player that's been in the league as long as Gordon and played well for the most part is getting paid solid money. Yes, objectively he's getting overpaid, but at least he plays D and can get to the basket. I just wish he regained his stroke.

FrontRunner, Patience and ashleyem like this.
  2. anchel

anchel Member

It was part of the all in we did with the smallball. I guess that was all also Tilman's responsability. Morey had nothing to do with it.
    Fortunately Stone fixed it with the Covington + Wood moves.

#42 anchel, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    lilbird20 likes this.
  3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

What if we trade Gordon for Capela :D

FrontRunner and Cstyle42 like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Well sure, it was a dumb move but the right one.

5. wolstein

wolstein Member

In a heartbeat

Dankstronaut likes this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Well...when he was first here he was on an 8-9 mil contract right? Wasn't Anderson on the 18-19 mil contract, getting blasted for shooting 40% but not defending enough and being run off the team?

The first of the asset burning, using Melton to get rid of Anderson's contract so we could get Brandon Jennings lol jesus. If we only knew.

Sorry, tangent. Gordon was worth it when he made half as much....

7. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Are you defending Morey? He basically saying it was a bad trade

8. Nook

Nook Member

I didn’t think it was a bad trade at the time and I don’t now. The Rockets were trying to get Covington and also add another center in a separate trade.

Centers that cannot spread the floor are not all that valuable to me. If the Rockets still had Capela I would be hoping they could move him.

tycoonchip likes this.
  9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

That's not it. We needed a center then and we need a center now. Wood can play center but he's not strong enough yet. He's not a banger probably a better finesse PF than Center. He should be moved to center only when we go small (not really small but position less. People cry we would have never got Wood if we didn't trade Capela for Covington but if Stone like Wood he would have found a way. It was stupid for Tilman to appease Harden but he had to try, you guys would be crying about that if he didn't try either. This is why Harden gets no love from me. He single handedly knowing or unknowing set us back worse by requesting his friend to be here after he knew he was most likely gone anyway. He should have just asked for a trade then. We appease him and had to make an extra move to accommodate what was never going to work because Westbrook can't realize he sucks and is on the decline. He claimed to be running around out there because they never ran any plays but I guess he just forgot how to play basketball then. He never could shoot so unless there is a back door cut not much for him to try and get open for. If I was on the team with cry baby Harden then and still here now trying to pick up the pieces he ****ed up. I would be pissed TOO!!! We were right there just two seasons ago even with CP3 out, he just makes bad decisions when it counts most.

10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Capela's biggest problem was rebounding. Looks like somebody let him know. You don't have to always trade players, there is such thing a substitutions. Capela can't shoot but he'll defend. He can hit the occasional 3. Stretching the floor means nothing if you're too small. Always trying to stretch the floor and bricking. Got to get rebounds and second chance points. Long bricks lead to fast breaks for the opposing team.

Highlyrated likes this.
  11. Mr. Space City

If Cp3 was not so bad in 2019, the Rockets never trade for Westbrook. Even with CP3, the Rockets would have had a massive hole at SF.

Highlyrated and tycoonchip like this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

So bad? lol injured but he wasn't bad. He's truer point guard than Harden. HARDEN is a crybaby, period. Cp3 was only traded because Harden wanted him to be and wanted Westbrook. Another dumb move by Tilman/Morey cosigned by Harden. In which he was ousted by the same "friend" he "requested" for as having created a toxic culture here. Neither of them will say it out right but, I will. Massive hole at SF? Dude harden has had every chance he just doesn't show up. It's time to stop pointing at others and time for him to own up to not preforming in big moments. Even with the injuries, even with the shady refs he's had chances to win. He either ran players or coaches off then wonders why nobody wants to play with him, or didn't preform in decisive moments because if he did we wouldn't be here talking about it, it wouldn't even be a question. He did what he does best, FOLLOW Durant. Because he didn't lead jack **** here, but $ to them strippers G-string.

13. Mr. Space City

Yes he was bad for $40 million a year.

16.7 ppg and 5.7 assist a game shooting 31.4% from 3 in that Warriors series. Not to mention the awful 3/14 in a 5 point game 5 loss.

While harden averaged 34/7/6 with 44/35/82 splits. Brought us back from 0-2 with a bloody eye.

Harden showed up. Chris Paul didn’t.

CP3 was not good. If he was dominant like he was in 2018, Harden never trades for Westbrook.

Highlyrated and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Dude we lost! All those great stats don't mean **** because WE DIDN'T WIN the series, none of them, like I said he has had more than one chance. He played with more than one star that it didn't out with! Somebody has to play defense. It's not like Harden's ole defense is going to get it done against Curry and Thompson. Maybe if Harden focused a little on defense we might have won. What's the point of putting up numbers and losing? To say you did your part and blame others? Was Harden the leader or not? Or was he just claim leader enough to do what he wanted and be late practice/training/video sessions. He wanted all the benefits of being a franchise player without actually doing anything but putting up meaningless numbers and claim "this is what they want me to do". lol The guy can't get out of his own way.

15. Mr. Space City

Harden had the best defensive rating of all the starters in the 2019 WCSF. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LMFAO How??? When the defense we played was to cover for his lack of defense. Switching everything. You know why? Harden can't stay in front of his man. Ever, like even the scrubs. I never seen Harden chasing Curry or Klay.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden, Paul, and Capela were the closet this franchise has been to a championship since winning it all in 1995. 26 years ago. Half our team including Christian Wood were not even born when the Rockets won their championships.

18. Mr. Space City

The switching defense was designed to matchup with the Warriors, because they destroy man to man drop center coverage, which is why the Rockets had more success against the Durant Warriors than any other team.

You keep proving how much you don’t know what you’re talking about.

19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol ok if you say so...and you do?

20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Nice move KMjr, make it next time though.