1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

DOC ROCKET BANNED - PINECOMB quotes sources!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Jun 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oh, and I forgot to say...

...next

2. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Everyone here (1) has an ego, (2) shows it in his posts, (3) calls out other posters, (4) promotes his own point of view, and (5) sometimes offends others in doing so.

My statements directed at Doc Rocket are mild by comparison to those routinely made by a number of posters here and directed at others. Your reaction therefore indicates that you consider him special, a protected class, not subject to the same rules which apply to others. By extension, then, my comments are more offensive to you than they would be if they were directed at a poster other than Doc Rocket.

I suggested that maybe his information was not all that great, and I correctly noted that he quoted verbatim a wire service story with identifying it as such. I would think you would be concerned about copyright implications of such an action.

He responded with vitriolic and you quickly came to his assistance. In my estimation, you both made it more of an embroglio than it would have otherwise been.

I compared the information from both he and Oeilpere, as well as comparing what I considered to be the credibility of each.

Now you appear as his advocate. If you do not wish to have anyone speak in opposition to him, just say so. It's your site. If that is a rule, state it and I will abide by it.

If he is someone whose identity you must protect, whose information you value, and whose sensibilities you do not wish to have offended, you can say as much to me in an email, if you so desire. You have not. Instead, you have publicly entered the fray.

My information on file with you indicates that I am happy to receive emails from you.

I may have been posting here for only 10 days, but my knowledge of the Rockets did not begin 10 days ago, nor did my ability to read what others have said and form opinions thereon.

You imply that the amount of time posting bears some correlation to the ability to assess the comments of another. That is an invalid conclusion.

What I have observed in those 10 days is one rather obtuse riddle by Doc Rocket and several hundred posts trying divine its meaning. During the same time frame I have read posts from Oeilpere which are clear, informative, and not obtuse.

Am I not entitled to make such comparisons and judge them accordingly? I assume that you have viewed the information from Doc Rocket and drawn your conclusions similarly. Of course, you have an advantage over me. You have some sense of who he is and whether he has good information. I do not. I only have what he has posted.

The truth is that no one would even be discussing this had you and he not reacted to my posts as you did. You had it within your power to email me and ask me not to challenge Doc Rocket, but you did not.

------------------
    The world is divided into two groups of people: Those who try to divide everyone into two groups, and those who don't.

[This message has been edited by PinetreeFM60 (edited June 23, 2001).]

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It started in another thread when someone questioned Hakeem Olajuwon, and it will come up here and there. And that is the official "Asking for trouble" stamp that'll I drop on a poster who is digging himself a deep hole in which he can't get out of. It's like being down 20 points in the 4th quarter, it's POSSIBLE to come back from, but why put yourself in that position!? PinetreeFM60 is the now the 2nd recipient of the RocksMillenium "You're Asking for trouble" stamp.

------------------
    "Win if you can, lose if you must but always cheat!" - Jesse Ventura

4. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Legend in his own Mind

You might want to read your post and take it as applicable to you.

------------------
    The world is divided into two groups of people: Those who try to divide everyone into two groups, and those who don't.

[This message has been edited by PinetreeFM60 (edited June 23, 2001).]

5. RocksMillenium

I must also add PinetreeFM60 that what you posted is a tad hypocritical. If you had a problem with Doc Rocket's credibility why didn't you e-mail HIM or Clutch about it instead of trying to show him up in a thread? I'm not taking sides, just looking at it from both angles.

------------------

6. RocksMillenium

Now I'm definitely making an opinion. PinetreeFM60 you're on a serious ego trip that is turning off all the posters on the BBS. I think you need to realize whose house you're in and show them a little respect. I also think you need to look at your fellow posters/peers on the BBS and slide us a little of that respect to, because most of us have been here longer then you, some FAR AND AWAY longer then the rest of us and helped build the personality of this board to the point that NBA personalities visit it. Nobody attacked you, they just tried to set you straight about Doc Rocket and you took it as a personal challege for whatever reason.

------------------

7. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Pinetree, here we go again. I got into it with you a little bit in the Rashard thread. I've been here three years and haven't gotten into it with anyone but you. Perhaps it was just time, or maybe you are just an ass with delusions of self grandeur.

The very reason you enjoy coming here is the same thing you are destroying with your assinine posts. If someone hears something at Foot Locker or in the Rockets locker room in doesn't matter. They post it with the same tempered enthusiasm . The reason Doc is so respected around here is that he doesn't come and post some bullsh*t rumor everytime something is discussed at Rockets HQ. For that type of coverage, go visit bsktball.com. He posts very sparingly and only when things are definitely in the works. Sure he likes to play but I sure had fun reading all the crazy assumptions people had in response to his thread.

As for Popeye, he is also very respected around here. His info. doesn't always pan out, but at least you know that the Rocket's were thinking about it.

Between the two of them, at least we get a certain insight into the Rocket's plans. If they have to defend themselves to *ssholes like you then they may just decide to keep their thoughts to themselves. I don't want that and I would hope that you don't either.

You made the same mistake that alot of newbies make around here. Perhaps your used to the confrontational style of other websites and thought the same existed here. You were wrong, and I guess you realized that when you decided to delete most of your posts from that thread. At that time I figured that you might calm down and turn into a decent contributor to our friendly community that Clutch and the guy's have created for us. I can see that I was wrong.

You seem to take great pride in your style. A lack of style is the only thing you've demonstrated.

------------------

8. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Rocks, I have followed the prevailing standards of this board. The grief I am catching on this matter is due to my following that standard, not my violating it.

Your comment suggests that Doc Rocket should be treated with kid gloves, in a fashion unlike any others.

If the rule is that one may not talk smack to Doc Rocket, then perhaps that rule should be stated with clarity on the bulletin board.

This board has a reputation of allowing some posters behaviors that are not allowed of others. Among other things that is a violation of several rights which are guaranteed in our country, especially where it involves an organ of interstate commerce.

I don't mind if the rule is that no one may speak offensively of or to Doc Rocket. I do mind if it is a secret, unwritten, unstated policy which is imposed in a discriminatory fashion.

------------------

9. Band Geek Mobster

Pine,

In the last 10 days, you've proven that you can't form conclusions on people just on a few posts. You got all pissy with me your first day posting b/c a joke flew over your head.

You call me the board tattletale and tell me how sad, ironic, and pathetic my post was, when I informed you how I wasn't being serious all you said was basically "I'm new, I don't know what those smiley faces mean, you'll just have to deal with it".

That's just one out of many instances you rush to judgements on a poster you dont know jack about.

For the last 10 days, you've ended up misunderstanding countless posters, yet you still claim you can gain an accurate assessment on them?

Maybe you should take the time to see how the posters react with each other so you can tell when they're joking and when they're not, or you can continue to stick your foot in your mouth and look like a total ass doing it.

I'm not asking you play nice with all of the regular posters, but you should at least take some time before you decide to rush to judgement on some of us...

------------------
    This post contains no smilies, you must judge my seriousness on your own...

10. RocksMillenium

Your comment suggests that Doc Rocket should be treated with kid gloves, in a fashion unlike any others.

If the rule is that one may not talk smack to Doc Rocket, then perhaps that rule should be stated with clarity on the bulletin board.

No my comment suggests that if you don't agree with Doc Rocket respectfully DISAGREE with him, and move on from that thread OR e-mail him or Clutch and tell them your feelings. And the problem I have isn't talking smack to Doc Rocket, it's talking smack PERIOD! The guy has a reputation, I don't know how long you have posted here. And I thought that Clutch and TheCat gave you enough info to suggest that this isn't some "Johnny come lately", or some "Fun time joker" who is yanking our chain. You question his credibility fine. You're the one that started leveling personal attacks. Nobody here worships Doc Rocket, we respect him though. The guy gives us great info and doesn't talk smack or make personal attacks.

------------------

11. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Rocks, if you will read some of the comments directed at me, I think you will conclude that they were personal attacks.

Some here like to talk smack but do not want to hear it coming back at them.

------------------

12. RocksMillenium

Please post some instances where Doc Rocket started taking personal shots at you.

------------------

13. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Rocketsauce, this board is developing a reputation of being rude and belligerent to newcomers. I know because I heard about it become I first posted, and have received a number of emails from newcomers who agree with me, but are afraid to state their opinions.

Some here seem to think this is a fraternity where the senior members have a right to speak abusively to those who are new.

It is either a public forum or it isn't. Because there is no fee, it must operate on revenues derived from activity. The less the activity, the lower the revenues. The more the activity, the greater the revenues.

Even as we write, someone is calculating the number of posts and the number of posters, and is using that data to sell this site to advertisers.

If you do not wish to hear my point of view on the issue of discriminatory practices, I will it take to the advertisers. Maybe they will be more inclined to hear about it.

In any event, cliques kill off sites, and this one thrives not on limiting participation, but on increasing it.

If I can fire off 400 posts in ten days, imagine what I can do diverting my time and energy to letters directed at site sponsors.

------------------

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

How would these newcomers acquire your e-mail address when it is not available?

------------------

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Another classic "bad assumption" by PineTree. There are no revenues. There are no advertisers. I accept none. There is no one to answer to. I pay for the hosting of the board out of my own pocket. Nice threat though.

Anyway, have a good life.

PS. Your email isn't public in your profile.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

16. RocksMillenium

I'm sorry Pine, but saying that people are disagreeing with you because you're a "newbie" is a weak excuse. I've NEVER done anything to newbies, because I was a newbie relatively recently. So saying that you're opinion is being pounded for being a newbie doesn't hold water with me. Go back through the posts and you will see I haven't done anything to newbies, and haven't done anything to you that would warrant you saying I'm going after you because of that. But the people who are going after you right now and pointing out you're a new poster have a beef, because you are attacking long time posters, and respected posters for no reason other then to show them up. What reason did you have to attack Doc Rocket? What reason did you have to tear into BGM? I doubt the entire board is against you because relatively new posters are disagreeing with you. Take a step back and look at how you are looking. You're looking crass, aggressive, snobby, and holier-than-thou. In fact think of it this way, if a new posters showed up and the first post of yours they saw was something like this:

It is sad, pathetic, ironic and amusing that BGM posts an off topic complaint about another thread being off topic ON THIS THREAD. We are having a nice discussion about the possibility of Horry coming to Houston, and the self appointed board tattle tell chooses this thread to make a complaint about the half time show thread.

How do you think they will think of you? Just think about it. And that is how yo uare coming across to the rest of the posters.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited June 23, 2001).]

17. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

alright!!!!!!!! someone is getting ragged on other than me!!!!!!!!!

BTW, sorry for being a troll here, but clutch or somebody who knows, just curious, how much is hosting a website? My family is thinking about doing one for fun. I thought you just pay like a one time fee for it. Is there actually a monthly fee?
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by RocketKid (edited June 23, 2001).]

18. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Dammit RocketKid, I'm sick of your crap!

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

I wish I could come up with a decent signature, but I can't. You'll just have to live with this one.

19. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Pinetree, now I'm starting to understand your confusion. Why don't you click back a couple of times and see if you can find a single ad. You won't, because Clutch runs this site for the love of the Rockets.

I don't care how much you post and I don't care how long you've been here. Your problem is one that many newbies make. You can have 2,000 insightful posts and still ruin your reputation with a few negative ones. As an attorney you must surely understand this. You attacked another poster (Doc) because you thought his credibility was questionable. Had you been here longer then you would have known better. You also praise Pop's because you believe that his info is definitley more credible. Had you been here longer you would know that Pop's claims no affiliation to the Rock's. His info comes from relationships with Rocket's personnel. He shares this info. as it becomes available to him. Sometimes it is corret and other times it turns out that it was just talk that came to pass.

Doc posts here when he has information that he feels will not hurt the Rocket's or his job if it is shared. Many times he must be vague to accomplish this. You take offense to being treted as a newbie. Well that just sucks, because you are and if you had been here longer you would have never made the mistake of attacking because he didn't include a link. If you don't want to be treated differntly for not being a vetrean to this board the perhaps you should refrain from making newbie mistakes.

------------------

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PineComb,

Just because you come from a Rockets site where the owner constantly shoves pop-ups and advertising banners in your face, doesn't mean that this one does.

For the love of god, why don't you ask some questions before you make statements based on these asinine assumptions? Can you really be that effective of a lawyer if you go about your conversations this way? Do you get a lot of objections?

------------------
    Feeling claustrophobic, like the walls are closing in.
    Blood stains on my hands, and I don't know where I've been.
    I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet.
    I'm chomping at the bit, and my palms are getting wet.
    Sweating Bullets

Runnin', Ravin', Endin', Out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.