1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DOC ROCKET BANNED - PINECOMB quotes sources!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Jun 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

<A HREF="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/013364.html</P>" TARGET=_blank>http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/013364.html</P></A>

Here are some more of MY thoughts - </P>

One week before draft day and all is strangely quiet. The Rockets appear confident still they will trade up, if not soon then on draft day. In fact, it makes more sense to announce a deal on draft day or after the selections are made since announcing a deal now (for say the 6th pick) would give other teams wanting the same player the Rockets do the chance to jump ahead of Houston (by acquiring the 4th or 5th pick for example). One thing seems certain though: The Rockets won't be using all 3 picks (#13, #18 and #23)... </P>

Here are some more - </P>

That was the wire service story I referenced earlier, Doctor, when taking my shot at uhh...PINECOMB!</P>

I do not think it is at all kosher for one to post such a story without attribution.</P>

It was a direct quote from a wire service article. Passing it off as one's own analysis is just lame ( YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LAME I CAN BE - PINECOMB 2001 ), and without attribution that is just what it is. This Doc Rocket guy is a joke. ( Artistic Freedom inserted here! )</P>

I like the word vomit more than Attribution, BUT these are MY words so I must stick by them, however, what was I thinking by using a word like attribution twice in one posting when I could've used words like ascribe, assign, impute, point to, refer, charge, and ground to! Ooops, my bad! Anyway, back to ejecting the contents of my stomach through my mouth....</P>

Let's see...what else have I said that was all mine?? Hmmm...remember this?? </P>

I just have a hard time believing anyone would quote an entire article without acknowledging it was a verbatim quote.</P>

I'm also suggesting the whole Doc Rocket mystique is a bit ridiculous. He uses the same sources the rest of us do. </P>

This Doc Rocket guy should just up and say..........</P>

that the guy who sent that article to him just copied and pasted it. Or better yet, ASK CLUTCH WHO THAT GUY IS, PINECOMB?? $20 says he's NOT the same source that you have, AND, he can do what is NOT kosher…………………he's Italian! </P>

.........but he won't!! But the mystique, ooooooooh the mystique, yes, PINECOMB, yes....you're understanding the mystique, young PINECOMB....yesssss....you're getting sleepy.......sleepier.....</P>

I dig kids like PINECOMB, however, because I didn’t reference whatever the hell posting that was or give PINECOMB’S friend Christy Sheri-sheri-ding-dan a reference or a prop, I WILL NEVER POST IN THIS NEWSGROUP AGAIN!! <FONT FACE="Wingdings">L</FONT>
    </P>

Well, maybe not never, ya’ll….and I was just going to break the 47 player – 18 team trade that had the ROCKETS really coming out well…of course, I can’t find the AP link where I read it! However, I won't post anything I 'hear' until I know it's going to happen. There..piece of cake!
    </P> I feel like I'm in a flame war!! Clutch, feel free to delete this topic... [​IMG]

</FONT><FONT SIZE=5>
    </FONT>

&nbsp;</P></BODY>
    </HTML>

------------------
    Wait, there is another...

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

French fries? Gasol is coming. Oh he is a Spaniard. GLADIATOR! Father to a slain child... ah something like that. Doc genius of you. I am two steps ahead of everyone. [​IMG]

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

[This message has been edited by bigboymumu (edited June 23, 2001).]

3. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Food Fight!

Gee, Doctor, you're a little touchy there.

Maybe you didn't see this, which I posted in another thread at 12:20 pm today(I've just now read your first offering on this thread):

PinetreeFM60
    posted June 23, 2001 12:20 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, in deference to those who have read his materials for a long time, I will step back on Doc Rocket.
    But, let me add a few comments.

Like Iverson, I put up a lot of shots and shoot a lousy percentage, but I keep constant pressure on the defense.

I've not read all the posts from times past. I read what is here today.

Subtlety is not my strong suit. "In your face" is. So I have to use what works for me.

There is some method to my madness. If Doc Rocket has some good inside info, I want to prod him into laying it out. That whole thread that he began recently with all the bad symbolism is what set me off.

You have to understand that my approach is to say..."Be-ach, if you have something worthwhile to say, then say it. Don't hide the friggin' ball."

It's my signature move, but I haven't been in this "league" long enough to establish it, so I'm still getting calls for offensive fouls.

But I'm getting too many technicals for tauting, so I will chill on the good Doctor.

(Feigen, if it IS you, don't make me drive down there and kick your butt. If you know something, give it up.)

------------------
    PS. It's Feigen all right!

------------------
    The world is divided into two groups of people: Those who try to divide everyone into two groups, and those who don't.

4. Colby

Colby Member

Pardon me.......what the hell is going on?

The link at the top doesn't work, could someone fill me in.

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

colby, sometimes when you see a link that doesn't work you'll notice an extra '/' in the http link or some space in the title, or whatever. In this situation there's an html end tag at the end of the link, just delete that and you'll be taken to the '2 weeks' thread. I hope that this helps.

6. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

The Visigoths favored trial by combat.

I always liked that about them.

------------------
    The world is divided into two groups of people: Those who try to divide everyone into two groups, and those who don't.

7. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Hey Doc, if I were really a young guy, would I remember these lyrics from that sappy song, a one hit wonder of circa 1973...

"I take it back.
    I didn't mean it.
    Please forget the things I've said.

"I take it back,
    I'm sorry.
    I must have been out of my head."

Come on, Doc. Remember what Bill Murray said to the chick at the beginning of Stripes?

"It's a LITTLE funny." [​IMG]

------------------

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

*Snicker* Pinetree, your reverse psychology to get the good doctor to spill the beans is weak! Do it the right way, the way I plan on doing it, finding out where he lives and egging his house! It's the ONLY way to go!

------------------
    "Win if you can, lose if you must but always cheat!" - Jesse Ventura

9. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

There are three posters who claim to have inside information on the Rockets. Each one says something different. Doc Rocket is one. Oeilpere is another. Then there is a third.

None of the three are saying what either of the other two are saying.

The most consistent, logical, straightforward information seems to be coming from Oeilpere. The most obtuse is coming from Doc Rocket. The third implies that we are seeking Battier.

Oeilpere implies that Brown is the target.

Doc Rocket seems to be implying that it might be a foreign player, but that is just conjecture.

I believe Doc Rocket is a journalist who, indeed, is given inside information. However, the relationship between management and journalists who cover them is a tricky one. They use each other, and there is an element of distrust.

Management knows that journalists talk to other journalists and leak information to get information. They swap information with other journalists in an effort to gain stories. So, management sometimes uses journalists to propagate stories they want others to believe.

The only true test we can give any of the information, at this point, is whether it seems to have a ring of truth.

From my perspective, that is Oeilpere. He is not a journalist. He is not coy. He is definitely someone with a wonderful understanding of the game, the NBA, and the Rockets. He is likely someone who truly has inside information which is reliable. His ego is not wrapped up in his analysis. He's not trying to impress anyone. I think he is for real.

Some here seem to be more concerned with fawning over Doc Rocket than in knowing substantive information. I'm looking for useful information. Others here believe they get that from Doc Rocket. Maybe they do. He seems to be toying with the board, and enjoying his status among a number of regulars here. I can't say what motivates him, but if he is a journalist, he will save his scoops for the media outlet for which he works. That is the nature of that particular beast.

It is not my intention to offend Doc Rocket, or the other posters who hang on his every word. It is my intention to get useful information, and I'm not getting much of that from his riddles.

I guess in a few days we will see what happens and can work back from there.

By all accounts, Oeilpere has been a consistent source of good information. By all accounts, Doc Rocket has been a source of much information, some of which has panned out, some of which hasn't.

His extreme reaction to my provocations, and his threats to take his information and go home suggest an emotional reaction which is not all that mature. His intention was to rally his ardent followers, not to impart new information or knowledge. He was partially successful, getting support from Clutch and several regulars.

The message is "don't make him mad, or he'll stop talking to us." My message is "he's not really giving us anything right now."

To each his own on this matter. But when the draft and trades come down, I hope everyone will reflect upon the tidbits provided and draw some conclusions.

What good is a source who provides very little, and does so only if his ego is properly stroked?

This is just my personal opinion. It could be totally wrong. I guess we will soon see.

------------------

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Alright I guess it's about time I revealed myself. I actually work for the Rockets, and live in Houston. I've got this inside information for you:

Francis is as good as gone. The Rockets aren't happy with his work ethic and lack of a go-to move. They're working out a trade with Cleveland that could land the Rockets a certain guard with the initials "AM".

Chris Webber told the Rockets that he would sign as soon as he could, but the Rockets turned him down. They weren't happy with his production against the Lakers, and will likely go after Antonio Davis.

Hakeem will re-sign for 5 million per year. They are going to move him to power forward.
    Apparently, Jason Collier has worked on his game ever since his injury. They reckon that Collier is going to be the next Alonzo Mourning. He has turned into a shot blocking force, and has a mean inside game on offense that will truly challenge Shaq.

Mobley will go back to the bench. The Rockets really want to have that spark off the bench, and Cuttino will provide that.
    Moochie will be re-signed for close to 8 million dollars and will be moved to shooting guard.

Anderson is gone.

The Rockets are going to trade all three picks and Matt Bullard to Toronto for Jerome Williams.

Next year's lineup:

Andre Miller-Sean Colson
    Moochie Norris-Cuttino Mobley
    Walt Williams-Dan Langhi
    Hakeem Olajuwon-Antonio Davis-Jerome Williams
    Jason Collier-Kelvin Cato

Rudy thinks that the Rockets will be able to challenge the Lakers for the title next season. Get ready Rocket fans, it's going to be a great ride!

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Save Our Game Action Forum!

[This message has been edited by ZRB (edited June 23, 2001).]

11. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Piney,

I don't know if I wholeheartedly agree with you about the Feigen thing. I've thought some about who Doc might be, and Feigen did strike me as a possibility, but awhile back (I think last summer) Clutch dropped some analogy on all of us--something to the effect of Doc being an electrical outlet. Anyway, I don't remember the exact quote, but basically it led us all to believe (and I still do) that Doc is someone high up within the organization and not a journalist or some run-of-the-mill self-proclaimed insider. That is why we hold Doc in such a high regard.

------------------
    It's a ring toss game.

12. RocksMillenium

I don't know about journalist. I could be wrong, but journalist tend to have that "devil may care" attitude. If they give you clue, and think they're lying, they tend to say "well you don't believe me tough, I tried".

------------------

13. RocksMillenium

I don't know if I totally agree with you Pine. If you look at it from a non-bias view, maybe that is what Doc Rocket was doing. But from your side it looked like "Well he isn't giving us any info that I'm satisfied with so I'm going to call him out and make him look bad", maybe you didn't mean to make it look that way, maybe you did, but it is a two headed coin. The same way Doc Rocket responded to your accusations is the same way you reacted to HIS accusations.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited June 23, 2001).]

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Really?

<UL><em>[*] What good is a source who provides very little, and does so <strong>only if his ego is properly stroked</strong>?
    [*] The most <strong>obtuse</strong> is coming from Doc Rocket.
    [*] He seems to be toying with the board, and <strong>enjoying his status</strong> among a number of regulars here.
    [*] His extreme reaction to my provocations, and his threats to take his information and go home suggest an emotional reaction which is <strong>not all that mature</strong>.
    [*] Oh, please, Dr. Rocket, tell us some other inside info <strong>you got from the wire service</strong>.
    [*] That was the wire service story I referenced earlier, Doctor, when <strong>taking my shot at Doc Rocket</strong>. I do not think it is at all kosher for one to post such a story without attribution. It was a direct quote from a wire service article. <strong>Passing it off as one's own analysis is just lame</strong>, and without attribution that is just what it is.
    [*] I'm also suggesting the whole Doc Rocket mystique is a bit <strong>ridiculous</strong>. He uses the <strong>same sources the rest of us do</strong>.</em>[/list]

Could have fooled me.

Again, PineNuts has been here exactly <strong>10 whole days</strong>.

I know you like to focus on Doc's ego here, but can you maybe check yours in before posting?

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

15. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Electrical analogy.

Sounds like "plugged in," a euphemism for connected. Could still be a journalist.

"He's plugged in to the Rockets" would imply to me that he is not part of the organization, but has constant access at a level which provides steady information.

Still sounds like a journalist, especially in light of the point made by ZRB (or was it HP) that such a contractual relationship would prohibit him from being more forthcoming.

------------------

16. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Wasn't me Pine.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Save Our Game Action Forum!

17. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I wish Charles would come back...

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

18. RocksMillenium

You know what my favorite Simpson episode used to be? "Who Shot Mr Burns". It was a great episode, and it added a TON of fun suspense for the season finale and had people talking about it all summer. When the season premiere finally came on and revealed who it was who did it, while it was a shock for a few seconds, the mystique of the "Who Shot Mr Burns" bonanza died down, and now that episode isn't as fun to watch anymore. You know what I mean?

------------------

19. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Pinecone,

There's a certain heirarchy around here, and I'd appreciate it if you would respect that. This has nothing to do with how many posts a person has either, which is what you have whined about when people have criticized you, b****ing about how they're picking on you just because you're a newbie.

Just some advice. You seem to have a Napoleon complex to you, and it would be wise if you didn't overreact every time another poster offered you some constructive criticism.

------------------

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rocketsmillenium,

So the moral of the story is the odessey of the BBS is best viewed through the eyes of Homer.

tacoma,

Until you reregister to correct the spelling your name, quit talking like you post counts don't matter to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.