1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Somebody said CP3 would be better for this team or whatever - and I wanted to know which CP3. Seems as if Paul gets a pass by alot of guys here since they are so tuned in to hating Harden. check it:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ul-breaks-body-transformation-body-issue-2019

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If you say so.:rolleyes:

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

But since he didn't have man t***, he gets a pass from certain posters on here.

Seriously, that season CP3 was not himself and many on clutchfans were ready to crucify him.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its a dead horse I know. I was just making sure everyone was talking about THIS reality. Hard to keep up now a days. I even went to look up tape while he was in OKC and yup - MOOBs.

He looks much better in PHX - THAT guy would still be here and we would be working on ring # 2 or 3 by now. Shrug.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

But at least give Silas a chance to implement the way he wants this team to play. We didn't hire him to please Harden for sure. At this point, we have to look towards the future. Give Silas at least this season and next to prove himself. At least it would not be fair to him.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

People are doing that now, what's your point?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. YallMean

YallMean Member

For the next few games, I would pull Harden to the sideline if I were Silas. Make him see he may be the problem, not his teammates.

bro2044 likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude he said it himself that he did take rehab seriously and the fact that it took him this long to change his diet or his multitude of soft tissue injuries.

So is it more important to be available or be "professional".

9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He isn’t better with the suns at all. He was better his last year here than he is right now.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He was worse here his last year than his current team IMO, but remember how it goes "its a new team, he just needs time to settle in" :rolleyes:

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He was soo bad he played 45 minutes a game on a 65 win team. Your arguments are baseless. You didn't even address luxury tax savings. We have no young talent in this team cuz Tillman pissed away all our first rounders. Morey knew he didn't have any flexibility left and bounced. Tillman said he's the one that overruled Morey and forced the trade.

Also it's not about the player. It's about the possibilities. Using Ariza contract or Anderson's expiring woulda been essential at last years deadline to acquire a big man to replace capela.

Andre Drummond got traded for peanuts. Imagine him on our team last year if Tillman wasn't soo cheap.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time to bench him, until traded.

DD

bro2044 likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Not even sure if he'll be with the team the next few games, even if he isn't traded yet. Also, with the injuries and the lack of cohesiveness, the Rockets are probably going to suck for a little while before gelling.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yep.

NEXT MAN UP!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Look, in all seriousness and with no grudges, Harden was great and he gave it his all until this year. This year he was lucky the world works the way it does, in another era he might have never played a game for the Rockets and gotten a bad rep. Now it doesn't matter what a player does, organisations don't care and they will take you in as if you needed to be rescued. It's sad how this ends, but I'm excited we finally get a fresh start we never got because nobody had the balls to tell Harden to stay home once it was clear he wasn't going to show up on time for camp.

17. Mattician

Mattician Member

It's going to suck losing Harden. But he's right. Even with Harden this team isn't good enough to win a championship this year.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I said it before that I believe management, coaches, and players all knew last year was Harden’s last year with the Rockets possibly even during last regular season. This would explain the departures of Morey, MDA, and players like Green, Westbrook, and Rivers. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the Rockets are dealing with Morey and I do think that’s where he will end up. It has all been planned and mapped out way in advance in anticipation of Harden’s departure that’s why they are rebuilding with Wood and want “a young star” in Simmons. It’s logical and common sense. There may be a glimmer of hope and I do think Harden saw a glimmer but after losses to all the playoffs teams this year and the poor showing against the lakers the writing was on the wall. It’s over. We should all let it go. Let’s be excited for Simmons or Kyrie or whoever comes here. Here’s to the next era of Rocket ball.

RocketStan likes this.
  19. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

20. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

Initially I was prepared for a Harden trade, but when the new pieces looked pretty good the first few games I changed my tune in hope Harden would stay. But now after the last few games, the writing is on the wall. This team is cheeks even with Harden, and it's time to rebuild. Unfortunately we didn't get a ring, but with our contract situations, it's not happening anyway. So I'm not too mad at Harden buckling down and forcing the trade now.

Hope James wins a ring wherever he goes, and I hope the Rockets have a swift easy rebuild.