1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2 Weeks Earlier!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I feel kinda silly now. I can't think of a single scoop Doc has given us that has panned out. Lots of hints and teasers, but can anyone tell of a trade or transaction that Doc has told us about beforehand?

Update: I did find this from Doc - 4.) Bryce is being shopped as we speak. Period. He'll be moved as a favor to him.

Not exactly an earth shattering revelation.

------------------
    Beware the blank post!

Ain't Miss Be haven!

[This message has been edited by Behad (edited June 23, 2001).]

2. Band Geek Mobster

As pointed out by HP a week or so ago, most trade talks don't result in anything. That's why it's hard to think of a time Doc gave us info that actually panned out.

All I know is Clutch says the dude is legit, I enjoy hearing about what the Rockets are doing, and it beats the hell out of "Hey let's trade Cato for Shaq" bs that's posted the majority of the time.

Even if it never pans out, I'm happy to hear something fresh on this board, and insider info on the Rockets is something you don't hear everyday.

I just hope all of this questioning of Doc Rocket doesn't cause him to post even less because I enjoy all of his posts no matter how bizarre they are...

------------------
    This post contains no smilies, you must judge my seriousness on your own...

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited June 23, 2001).]

3. alaskansnowman

Leave Doc Rocket alone. He's cool. Not much that he's said has panned out, but remember that he's just tellin us what the Rockets are working on and trying to do. That doesn't mean it's definately going to happen... things can change in the last minute. Also, he was right about the whole Hakeem situation. We didn't trade him or cut him, but those avenues were explored and nothing worked out. The point is that there was a BIG situation going on with Hakeem, and he was right about that.

He hasn't been 'dead on'all the time, but I would still accept anything he says without a single doubt in my mind.

------------------
    PrEsident of The Danforth Langhford FAN CLUB... He IS our future All-Star Small Forward

4. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

While all this has been going on, I've been blissfully posting on other topics, unaware of the squall that just blew in.

Let me catch up.

I think conflict is good. It brings out competitive urges. It makes people defend their positions. It makes people blurt things out they wouldn't otherwise say.

I smoked Doc Rocket out, didn't I?

hehehehe

Once Mother Theresa called me a #$%&*^#@&*%, and some other words I can't mention here.

So now at least we have the Visigoth references.

I think it is going to be Gasol in a deal that will yield the 4th pick.

But, as another Doctor once said...

"Throw me friggin' bone here."

Gotta get back to the AP wire. [​IMG]

------------------
    The world is divided into two groups of people: Those who try to divide everyone into two groups, and those who don't.

[This message has been edited by PinetreeFM60 (edited June 23, 2001).]

5. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

[Sorry for the duplicate post. I got logged off while sending and it didn't show up, so I sent it again]

While all this has been going on, I've been blissfully posting on other topics, unaware of the squall that just blew in.

Let me catch up.

I think conflict is good. It brings out competitive urges. It makes people defend their positions. It makes people blurt things out they wouldn't otherwise say.

I smoked Doc Rocket out, didn't I?

hehehehe

Once Mother Theresa called me a #$%&*^#@&*%, and some other words I can't mention here.

So now at least we have the Visigoth references.

I think it is going to Gasol in a deal that will yield the 4th pick.

But, as another Doctor once said...

"Throw me friggin' bone here."

Gotta get back to the AP wire. [​IMG]

------------------
    The world is divided into two groups of people: Those who try to divide everyone into two groups, and those who don't.

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

PinetreeFM60 = ZRB on crackrock?

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

7. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Wow, a true genius at work. You played that one beautifully, Piney.

Dammit how do you do the smilies where they are rolling their eyes?

------------------
    It's a ring toss game.

8. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Thanks?

Which reminds me of Norm McDonald on SNL:

"The worst job in America, for the third year in a row...Crack w****."

------------------

9. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Type colon rolleyes colon

Heck, I didn't know either, so I just started hitting "quote" on posts with various smilies posted by others, then saw what they were typing to get them. Try it.

------------------

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You can always just click on the link that says smilies legend when you are replying. Also, while I dont really care, it would be cool to just delete the whole second post after doing it twice or putting osmething new and witty in there instead of just saying sorry about the double post and leaving it. But that is just my opinion. Do as you wish. [​IMG]

------------------
    I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.

11. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Thanks for the info on the smilies legend. I never noticed it until you mentioned it. [​IMG]

Normally, I would have deleted the post and put something else in, but given the nature of my post, I didn't want to edit anything lest someone think I had posted some annoying vitriol and then erased it.

------------------

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

PineTree, do you use this BBS to pump up your ego ? There really isn't a "best poster" competition or anything, so maybe you should chill-out.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

gr8-1, yes there is a "Best Poster" competition. And I've won it every single time. [​IMG]

seriously, get over the best poster thing. It is stupid and no one cares, much less actually tries to compete for it. Do you think I care about my reputation with old-timers? Do you think Pinetree cares, BK, verse, achebe...we just like talking smack to pull out some talk back, as a means to make friends. ?ego? please.

It was plainly obvious to me what Pine was doing. I have done the same thing to the VP of Marketing of the Rockets to make that company know I am pissed they raised prices last year, and thought their public press release reason was insulting. Les went public saying they are keeping prices steady this year for the first time ever. Calling people out is sometimes the best way to get people like that to listen. Did I help from a customer complaint standpoint? I don't care, but she did read the message, and that made me feel good as a customer.

But it offended Clutch for me to use the bbs to achieve my own agenda. Pinetree here thx Doc is Feigan, and I am beginnning to believe it myself. That is REALLY!!!! cool if it is. He is my favorite bball writer. And it is cool if he has fun here.

Pinetree wants to flesh out Doc. There is nothing wrong with that imo, nor would Doc really take any offense whatsoever if he is Feigan or some other bball professional.

But Pinetree, take notice if Clutch doesn't like it. He works hard to provide the wonderful site for us, and he is entitled to his vision of a perfect BBS.

Clutch, you know you don't have to back up or (can I say protect) Doc.

And Doc, if you are Feigan, email me cause I want to say Hey I appreciate all your game recaps and steady fact finding. Plus, I need names for the Rudy plays I am spotting, so I can give this site the best Flash animation of play-calling on the Net, to further our Worship and Glorification of clutchcity....it is His Will. I shall deliver.

I just need names of plays....*sigh*...like what Doc Ramsey gets for nba.com...*sigh*...cc.net deserves names for the plays, too, and better Flash action than Doc Ramsey!

How about Doc Rocket play calling? Doc Bullard? Doc Murphy?

we can dream can't we.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited June 23, 2001).]

14. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Good commentary HeyP.

This is the most significant draft for the Rockets since the Dream was taken. It is not overstating the case to say that the long term future of our beloved Rockets depends a very great deal on what happens in the next few days.

I am a Rocket fanatic. We are all here seeking bits of information which may help us to know what will happen.

This is Clutch's site. It is his to run as he sees fit. Sites depend upon interest to propel themselves. I like this site. I think it is a great site. Very well run.

I've posted more than many others because I have an intense interest in the immediate subject matter, and I have the time and opportunity right now to give voice to that interest.

I have conflicts with other posters, and I attempt to resolve those conflicts expeditiously. Most have been.

A board thrives on interest, which derives from opinions and activity. My posts have provided some of each. I do not ask others to approve, agree or refrain from providing their own points of view. I do not understand why some believe they must approve of every poster's attitude and point of view. It's an opinion forum.

This is really no different than a sports bar, where many people converge to talk about the things which interest them. Just like at SRO, there are many places to look, many conversation to have, and no need to forge consensus.

------------------

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Dammit, do I have to be mentioned every time someone is being ripped into?!

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Save Our Game Action Forum!

16. Band Geek Mobster

So do you get in a lot of bar fights Pine?

------------------
    This post contains no smilies, you must judge my seriousness on your own...

17. heypartner

ZRB,

Being an anecdote is your destiny. live with it [​IMG]

PineInTheAss,

Note one thing about Doc. If he is a professional media man, he likely cannot talk here as much as he wants to. And I don't mean just exposing his sources. I mean, it could be against his professional contract to express his opinion through another media outlet without consent of his company.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes.

------------------
    "I had mine chewed off by a boss one time." -- Behad leaves us wondering if he gets hazard pay...

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited June 23, 2001).]

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Dammit DOD, I'm sick of your crap! You're like an alcoholic ZRB!

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Save Our Game Action Forum!

20. heypartner

Hey ZRB,

You get positive anecdote's too.

Besides, I love whipping Fran Blinebury vicariously through whipping you.

Oh, and you can fix all this by just joining the cc.net summer bet. You can pair against me. And when my side wins, I will change your moniker to:

stillZRB

[​IMG]