1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 Weeks Earlier!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Jun 22, 2001.

1. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

No. I prefer the company of people who understand that words are just a means of communication and can bear thoughtful disagreement. For that reason, I do not care to be at any place where people are getting drunk and looking for reasons to be offended.

------------------
    The world is divided into two groups of people: Those who try to divide everyone into two groups, and those who don't.

2. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Good point.

------------------
    The world is divided into two groups of people: Those who try to divide everyone into two groups, and those who don't.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

btw: I just wanted to add another thing about the best poster issue, since this thread is getting a lot of eyes, most likely.

Dr of Dunk hands down wrote the two best posts of the year. They both were eye-witness testimony of a game, and apparently the only games he was able to catch this year aside from his radio and chat fix each game.

Best Post award and Runner-Up...equals Best Poster.

Of course, I discount anyone who does their best posting in the Hangout. That place is overrated, and you guys like rimbaud (here kitty kitty) who only post there, need to go to sites where there are more debaters to test your metal. Debating world issues with sports fans is trolling in my book.

All hail Dr of Dunk. The champion of two Forums. (Didn't he win the BobFinn* Sega Genesis game you guys play, too.)

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Guys, back to Doc Rocket's post. Is there a chance that this article is refering to C-Webb signing in Houston? I just can't believe that Doc would post something meaningless, there has to be something behind the post, we're just not looking deep enough...

------------------

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No, there's no hidden meanings or riddles at all in his post. He was just posting the article because the Rockets can pursue free agents sooner (a month was a long time to negotiate and wait). I don't even think Doc is all that pro-Webber (I think we should go 100% for him though)... but the Rockets will still be going for Webber at this point.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

6. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Ok, in deference to those who have read his materials for a long time, I will step back on Doc Rocket.

But, let me add a few comments.

Like Iverson, I put up a lot of shots and shoot a lousy percentage, but I keep constant pressure on the defense.

I've not read all the posts from times past. I read what is here today.

Subtlety is not my strong suit. "In your face" is. So I have to use what works for me.

There is some method to my madness. If Doc Rocket has some good inside info, I want to prod him into laying it out. That whole thread that he began recently with all the bad symbolism is what set me off.

You have to understand that my approach is to say..."Be-ach, if you have something worthwhile to say, then say it. Don't hide the friggin' ball."

It's my signature move, but I haven't been in this "league" long enough to establish it, so I'm still getting calls for offensive fouls.

But I'm getting too many technicals for tauting, so I will chill on the good Doctor.

(Feigen, if it IS you, don't make me drive down there and kick your butt. If you know something, give it up.) [​IMG]

------------------

7. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

alaskannebraskan, the Dream thing was totally on the money.

BTW, great scoop Doc! 07/18! Sorry that most of us didn't read between the lines earlier! Will Chris like Rodney?

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry... I initially read this thread and didn't follow the responses.

Talk about a bad assumption. Do you really think Doc Rocket was trying to pass this off as his own words? I think it was crystal clear this was a press release he was posting... you're making a bad assumption that everything he posts he is passing off as his own inside information (what is it with newbies on this issue lately?).

Doc also rarely posts on the board. These are several things I can think of off the top of my head that he has tipped me off on:
    [*] Several pieces of inside information leading up to the Shandon Anderson signing in 1999.[*] Ditto Mo Taylor in 2000.[*] Bryce Drew was definitely going to be moved that offseason - that was <a href="http://www.clutchcity.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=57">April of 2000</a> [*] That Olumide Oyedeji, who was projected by many to go top 13 last year in the draft, probably wouldn't even go in the first round based on his awful Rocket workout.[*] That Hakeem and the Rockets were in a bitter battle of words and a trade was going to happen. While the trade did not ultimately happen, a week after this info was posted here, the Hakeem-Rockets fight became public information.[*] Vladimir Radmanovic's workout the very day it took place. Ditto Joe Johnson.[*] That Francis was pushing a month or so ago for the Rockets to take Terence Morris.[*] That the Rockets had a deal in place with Vancouver for the 6th pick before Orlando and Detroit worked a deal to hold the 18th pick until after the VAN-DET deadline.

Countless other minor pieces of information (I need to scan through my email) that include players working out, going on IR, skipping a game, etc. BTW, the line about him using the same sources the rest of us do.... I can't tell you how big of a smile I have on my face reading that. If you only knew who you were talking to.

You should never believe everything you read -- you should always analyze it. But I can promise you Doc Rocket is legit and wants to pass along the info he can -- but he also has the Rockets in mind, and isn't going to pass along anything that will hurt the team.

I know it's frustrating not knowing everything that is going to happen -- not even Doc knows exactly what is going to happen -- but if I may talk philosophy, what is it with some people? Are they stupid? Rude? A primal desire to destroy things? I'll never figure it out. I thought it was just women I didn't understand.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

[This message has been edited by Clutch (edited June 23, 2001).]