1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Miracle

Miracle Member

According to BBC's report on the Sinovac vaccine,

Here are some requirements on the vaccine efficacy guidelines.

FDA's COVID-19 vaccine guideline

EMA's COVID-19 vaccine guildline

Therefore the information from Brazilian reseachers only indicates that the Sinovac vaccine reaches the minimum efficacy level. The full result is yet to be released. It is possible that Sinovac is still waiting for test results from other countries to finish before consolidating and releasing the final results.

Meanwhile, as it was mentioned in Supermac34's post, there is a difference in how the efficacy level is calculated in different phase 3 trials.

#10881 Miracle, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Jontro likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Based on honor system probably is the best. But yea, if you group 65+ and anyone with a “health” condition together, it can get messy. An easy way to handle that could be get your shots through your dr office - they know your health conditions.

The rate should increase drastically as we get more vaccines.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Not really given how few of the vaccines that have been distributed have been used. They need to distribute it as fast as they can. If a doctor doesn't want to take it give to whoever does. This stuff needs to stored at super cold temperature. Its not like they can just hold on to it.

Harris county seemed to do a good job with the tests why not use the same model with vaccine distribution.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

73% of Americans are over weight or obese. So most people would qualify as high risk.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don’t know how ready these providers are but I read that Louisiana will be distributing them to 100 pharmacies throughout the state and they will be ready for group 1b (70+ in La) on 1/4. At that time the bottleneck is the supply (they have allocated only 10k doses for 1b). 1a are hospital workers and they have 240k doses allocated for them which are being administered. I’m sure other states are going through similar model. Things should speed up once more vaccines are available.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

then might as well open it up for everyone :)

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This was a concern of mine. In the first 3 months, there will be a surplus of people wanting the vaccine and a surplus of the actual vaccine. The distribution is the problem.

Given the conditions the vaccine must be properly stored will limit the locations the vaccine can be disturbed. And an assembly/que at central locations will be a problem as people will need to stay around for 15min to 30mins. Then to top it off you need a minimum of 16 sq meters per person.

And given that our Healthcare system is about as beauracratic as our government, there is no easy quick answer.

Stadiums are one of the few places that can accommodate these restrictions but even then, it will be difficult to staff up such a large site.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I’m sure it’s frustrating because of the mixed
    messages and confusion. The article goes into some of it. Did TX really received 1.2m doses? Have they only administered 200k doses? Both could be wrong. Let’s just said there has been poor messaging, lack of accurate data, and execution from federal to local levels. Our next door neighbor, La, seems to be more on top of it.

Eligible Texans can’t get answers about the COVID-19 vaccine. It’s not clear who — if anyone — has them.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/12/31/texas-coronavirus-vaccine-rollout/

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Go there to find who has doses available. Just start calling those places. It states how many were delivered to each one.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=91ac7fb5e5fd47e7ada4acfe4a05920a

B-Bob and Amiga like this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I have bootleg vaccine send me a PM for details.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

robbie380 likes this.
  12. jim petersen84

Why would you guys even consider supporting the bill gates final solution? His track record speaks for itself.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Will I still get microchipped?

No Worries likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, but I can get it microshipped.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Austin Regional Clinic sent out an email earlier saying they had 7000 doses delivered to them in total and already vaccinated 4000 people. This place where my dad is going tomorrow supposedly has 1000 doses available.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Another good update from Dr John Campbell about the UK strategy to wait 3 months for the 2nd dose. Seems like a viable strategy.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m on day 9 of the Rona.

Still kicking my ass. Barely left the couch today. Just a complete biyatch of a virus.

Take it from me... the risks of getting what I got farrrrrr outweigh the risks of a vaccine. If the vaccine shaves of even a couple days or a small percentage of the virus effect, it’s well worth it.

So many whiny little babies out there with their complaints about masks and vaccines. It really speaks to the American culture of immaturity and ignorance. Very upsetting.

No Worries likes this.
  18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I got my Moderna vaccine this week. The needle itself feels like nothing. The soreness starts a few hours later. I had a mild headache and some slight chills that night, although my temp measured normal. It could've been my allergies. Took two tylenol that night. The soreness hurt a lot more the next day. Felt slightly achey and some fatigue that night, too, and took another two tylenol before bed. Day 3 and feel much better, just a small soreness in the arm.

Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How did it compare to getting a flu shot? Those symptoms sound very similar to what I experienced last time I got a flu shot.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Worse than a flu shot. I've never had side effects from the flu shot. A colleague who also got it compared it to a TB shot. I had that over a decade ago so I don't remember.