1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bad for us. There's nothing good that will happen for us anytime soon. Learn to root for the good people out there, because it will be a long dark winter for the Rockets going forward.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Simmons is an interesting piece but if you roll with him, Wood, Ego, Wall, you're look at like 37 wins.

BigShasta and clos4life like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

in a 72 game season?

yes.

36-40 is my guess.

Wouldn't be an overnight thing.

4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He almost beat the Rockets in 7 with a no-name team. CP3 gonna be a great coach after his career is over.

DVauthrin, coachbadlee and jacoby like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Harden was smart and really had championship intentions, he would stay. This is the best team that he has ever been on. The fact that the rumors continue even though the two top trading partners are reportedly out says the opposite.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Do you know how many times people have counted CP3 out? He was done as an elite player when he was traded to OKC and he proceeded to take a team full of role players to a game 7 against the Rockets. I think him in Phoenix is scary.

csc177 likes this.
  7. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

House-Wood-Wall lineup sounds line a home improvement project.

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

The ceiling is the roof!

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. MrWise

MrWise Member

your delusional, the rockets “blew it up”. Ariza and Luc are bench warmers now my dude. Non factors and end of the bench guys incase of injuries. Ryan Anderson couldn’t help our team.

Your beef seems to be more with the GM Morey, couch and Harden. They wanted to play small ball on purpose and gave up capela for Covington. They didn’t want bigs.

harden got everything he’s asked for, he demanded the Westbrook trade. We lost our picks before Tillman got here for cp3 and more along the way for others.

the small ball was all morey.

we could’ve got Ryan Anderson for a third star? lol that’s comical

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol I watch that whole series and at no point did I think we were losing cuz CP3 was dominating us.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think he's still a good player but he's paid as one of the 3 best players in the league and that's why you can't win with him. it's his contract that holds him back not his play. He's not a 40 million a year player and you have to see that.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Did the Rockets even have a player taller than 6'5?

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza was not a bench warmer last year he just happened to opt out of the bubble for family reasons. Also he got traded for Oubre. Woulda been nice to get Oubre.

Just to reiterate it was not Ryan Anderson for a third star. He's just the salary filler you need to include for cap reasons. I specifically said the 3 first round picks could have gotten us that star. Or better yet last year at the deadline Drummond got traded for a 2nd round pick. Can you imagine if rockets offered Anderson's expiring plus a first. Drummond on that team woulda made a huge difference.

heck if we had our 3 first round picks we coulda for Christian Wood last trade deadline also.

And I never said to resign Luc. All I said was he was a big part of our team and we never replaced him. he like CP3 have never recovered from their injuries.

Morey even said small ball wasn't his first option. He had a deal in place for a center that fell through. I honestly feel like it was Christian wood. And we didn't have enough to offer cus we dumped all our frps for luxury tax savings

#813 RHU525, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    joshuaao and HP3 like this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Until he pulls a hamstring or pisses everyone off. That train is never late with CP3.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We don't have to imagine, he blew a 3-1 and 3-2 lead in the playoffs and never made it past the 2nd round.

Clippers?

Reeko and vlaurelio like this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why you got to bring up old stuff, lol?

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well, he is the best PG(floor general)in the game. That's gotta be worth 40 mil.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's nothing. check this out

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

What does soon even mean?

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If there no salary cap sure. But I'm sorry if CP3 makes up 40% of your salary cap you can't win.

jiggyfly likes this.