1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YEARS I have wanted bigs that can shoot the 3....YEARS!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 18, 2020.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now I just want Caboclo to toughen up. He looked more into the flow of things this last game. He needs to be more aggressive! Take every page out of Woods book! I'm talking a stalkerish, mirroring of Christian Wood. Even go as far as growing his hair and goatee like Christian Wood.

So Saith Red and hakeem94 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Lebron is also a better and different player than Cp3 is. This is a terrible argument.

Those are numbers children use to evaluate a situtaion bro, not thinking adults. Cmon man.

3. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Robert Covington says hi

4. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Don't be a jackass. He's right if the team stays healthy.

don grahamleone and DaDakota like this.
  5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I mean, my boy CWood was looking like Giannis/AD the other day for a third of the price. First game since March?! He wasn’t scared of Harden either. Harden can act like a petulant child all day and deny his true feelings. Fact of the matter is, those very few minutes together... was like watching James and Clint play-together in sync and effective mixed up ISOS. Not sure he gets that on any other team with a complimentary player like wood. Between this two you can probably get consistently 55-65/night scoring. Then 18-20 from Wall. Then 15 from a post injury boogie. 15 from Gordon. 10 from House. You can get 115-120/night. That can outscore 80% of the teams in the league.* this is an assertion.

don grahamleone and DaDakota like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

They're both max players you apply the same standards to both as they are paid the same amount, have the same responsibilities and are competing for the same thing. Lebron makes 40M, Cp3 makes 40M but then you say Lebron chokes for playing better than Cp3? Lol.

Thats why CrippledP3 is a choker and Lebron isnt. Applying diff standards for 2 max players just makes you biased. The fact that Lebron is better doesnt mean you look down on his 18 8 8 and then turn around and say Cp3 is a great performer with 22 5. That aint how a thinking adult evaluates a situation.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

They are both max players with different roles on the team. Stop using salary to fuel your stupid argument.

Alright, you are clearly being a classless individual calling someone crippled. LOL if Cp3 was playing with Bosch and Wade you might have an argument. You do not have any argument whatsoever. Its one of the worst Ive seen on here.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wednesday...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HP3 likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. don grahamleone

The Front Office of the Houston Rockets is trying to force feed us:

napalm06 and D-rock like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Small minded people struggle with deeper thinking.

DD

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

Crybabyjames... yeah that's an ignore candidate for sure

D-rock likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are the greatest. I'm serious.

HP3 likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

YEARS? Wow, that's a decent amount of time

15. don grahamleone

Since this:

D-rock and bloodwings19 like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

How does Lebron and Cp3 have different roles? Lebron is a point forward and makes clutch shots. Cp3 is a point guard that is supposed to make clutch shots. You just expect more from Lebron cuz he is a GOAT contender and not a career choker but their resp are the same as both are max players. You expect 10 from Lebron cuz he is amazing if he gives you 8 while Cp3 gives you 7 guess what 8 still better than 7. You cant crap on the dude who gives you 8 and the praise the dude who gives you 7. You say Lebron choked for making the Finals but CrippledP3 is amazing for never getting past 2nd round? How does that even make sense in your head?

Salary is the major reason why you have different expectations on people if the CEO cost as much as the janitor you would expect a whole lot more from the janitor than just cleaning the bath room gimme a break. You dont expect 22 7 from Rivers who makes 3M but you expect more than 2nd round finish from Cp3 as a dude who makes the max. All teams have the same salary cap amount obv players who cost the same have the same resp which is lead their team to wins. If CrippledP3 didnt want the smoke then he should have taken a paycut and not make the same amount as Lebron and other max players.

Cp3 wasnt playing with Bosh and Wade but he was playing with prime De Andre Jordan and Blake Griffin. You really think they didnt have championship aspirations? You really think its ok for Lob City to never get out of 2nd round. Just watch all the Smoke even Matt Barnes said its disappointing they never got out of the 2nd round.

You really havent said anything except deny what I said been shutting down all the stuff you said since the past couple of posts. If you wanna take L be my guest. Just dont correct me next time when I say Dumbtoni and Crippledp3 are both career chokers since you cant make coherent arguments.

#116 roslolian, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Lebron is a better player than Cp3 yes, that's why more is expected of him. He's also had way better teammates than Cp3 as well. You arent even giving out numbers anymore you are just making up dumb crap.

22 7 is not all there is to it, Cp3's advanced metrics always painted him as one one of the most impactful players in the NBA, you just dont have an argument at all...like none.

LOL D Wade and Bosh>those two any day of the week. Easy. It hasnt been Chris Paul's fault they havent got out.

There is nothing to deny. You are wrong. Im just correcting you. You dont have any kind of argument, you have nothing, zilch, nada. I can't believe i even entertained this nonsense for this long dude. Do better bro, i say this not to be a dick but because these arent convincing anyone of anything who knows a damn about basketball.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are the one not convincing anyone when you say Cp3 and Lebron have different roles and responsibilities.

You dont expect more from a dude just because he is better, you expect more if you pay him more cuz he takes more of your capspace. Are you saying if you are a dumb GM then its ok cuz everybody knows you are dumb? Is that what you think? In school the best student has to be 100% otherwise he gets an F the class dunce gets 20/100 he gets an A cuz he is dumb , is that how grades are given? So if you pay Caboclo 40M a year it is ok if he gives you 3pts a game cuz everybody knows he is 2 yrs away from 2 yrs away is that it?

Just cuz you say I have no argument doesnt mean I have none, you have to address what I say just like how I've continually shut down what you say. You havent even proved why Lebron and Cp3 dont have the same role and resp. If analytics are all that mattered then the Rox would have a ring in the Harden era by now, wouldnt they? Analytics paint part of the picture but they arent the whole picture.

So what if Dwade and Bosh are better than Jordan and Griffin? They are all max players if they dont wanna be judged against the best of their peers then they shouldnt have taken the same amount of money. Again you are punishing people for being better and rewarding people who are worse. So by your standards Wiggins is a career achiever cuz he is much worse than Giannis right?

#118 roslolian, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes, they do. Cp3 is a pure point. Lebron is more of a scorer than Cp3 is. If Lebron is averaging only 18 points, something is wrong.

This is a terrible argument, its literally just too ridiculous to respond to. Cp3 performed, he's not a chocker. And your way of using counting stats to tell me Cp3 is a chocker just because he's not as good as Lebron is dumb as hell.

I just did. And raw assist numbers dont reflect that either just in case you go "WELL HE AVERAGED 8 ASSISTS" You have done nothing but show me bad arguments.

Again about money....Im so done with this. Money doesnt reflect how good you are going to play. Nor does it make you better than someone else, this absolutely moronic.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

What the hell does pure point even mean? Like how Melo is a pure scorer? I have demonstrated to you the absurdity of your logic just explain why isnt Giannis more disappointing than Wiggins based on your dumb argument. Everybody expect a championship from Giannis and nobody exoects anything from Wiggins anymore. So I guess Wiggins had a better season than MVP Giannis right? Just like how Lebron sucked for only making the Finals and averaging 18 8 8 but Cp3 is amazing for never getting out of the 2nd round. 18 8 8 is choking but 22 5 by comparison is amazing if you are a "pure point". I mean people compared Lebron to Magic more than MJ but I guess he aint a pure point.

It's a terrible argument so all you can say is "Cp3 performed, he isnt a choker." Omg thats so convincing man.

I'm not saying Lebron didnt disappoint I'm saying you cant say Lebron disappointed on one hand and then praise Cp3 on the other. For me Lebron choked that 1 year but thats just 1 year the other years he has delivered. OTH Cp3 is a career choker and pretty much choked every year something is expected from him. If making the Finals on 18 8 8 is a disappointment then you cant say 2nd round finish on 22 5 is great work, def a clutch performance.

Thats the diff between you and me I apply same standard to both max players you wanna punish good players and then reward bad players. Everybody knows Stephon Marbury isnt a pure point so its ok he didnt learn to create for others, he isnt a pure point. Oth if Cp3 averages more than 25 pts then he sucks ass cuz he is a pure point, pure points only supposed to creste and not score. Thats vintage Hp3 logic.

The whole point of analytics is to find undervalued players who outproduce their salary. If you dont like numbers and you dont like salary then dont talk about analytics SMH.