1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets want to trade Harden "sooner rather than later"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Dec 18, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

If you really think the deals we had at the deadline both years were the only ones that were available I dont know what to tell you. Those were not Daryl Morey moves.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He wants out this is not on the rockets it’s on harden he wants out and now

3. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

I think what we are seeing is the media panicking and forcing the trade issue, the last thing they want is to see something budding in Houston ..

snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  4. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

probably one of the most emotional threads I've read in awhile

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

What gives you the impression or even any hope that this is true.

Good organizations do not drive away their best assets: EOY, COY and not 1 but 2 MVPs, while all were still in their primes and performing at their zenith.

All in a single offseason.

Well, the Rockets hold all the leverage here.

It's what is best for the Rockets, not Harden.

No one has forced a trade with 2 guaranteed years on their contract.

Only in Houston.

Allowing this to happen is not only horrible precedence but it is further indication that this FO is weak, incompetent, or both.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Please dont trade him too Brooklyn. Just please dont, the Nets cant offer annything. Why cant we just try some games out with Harden and wait at the deadline?

7. csc177

csc177 Member

Good organizations pull the plug when you don't **WIN** with a EOY, COY, and not 1 but 2 MVPS still in their primes and performing at their zenith. LOL.

Time to recalibrate with a new squad...the old way didnt work. Try something new (which JH made easier with his trade demand) and live with the results.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

So name me ONE good organization that has done what you say.

I will wait.

9. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I'm not saying that those were the ONLY deals available bro, my question which nobody has answered so far is what moves were available for Houston that the Rockets did not make? What guys got traded during the season or at the trade deadline that Houston could have realistically obtained without giving up a key rotational player or picks in the last few years that would have put us over the top? There is a major narrative out there that the organization has not put talent around Harden, or that there was some magic trade that would have GUARANTEED a championship and I just simply don't buy into that. We all know TF is cheap but Houston has been top 8-9 in team salary for the last few years. If Harden is such a top 3 player in the league like so many posters on here claim then why haven't we been to at least one NBA Finals? You can make all the excuses in the world for Harden, but at the end of the day the truth is just the truth.

#229 Htown's Finest, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

We could have gotten Jamychal Green and Garret Temple at the deadline. We traded Ryan Anderson AND Melton to get under the tax for Brandon Knight and whatever. We signed James Ennis and MCW. Those are not winning moves and those are not Daryl Morey moves. At the deadline all we had was Iman Shumpert to get under the tax. We also didnt resign Ariza and we could have used him as an asset as well. Those GS series were very very VERY close any little nudge could have put us over the top. He cheaped out on us at the worst possible time and did it again the next year. Why coulndt we have gotten one extra big man on the roster....ding ding LTS. Harden hasnt been to the finals because he's never had enough help against LARGELY more talented teams.

Trackwell likes this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

So Clippers are getting exposed right now... what if they lose 5 picks and Kawhi goes back to his previous team (Raptors) like what happened to the T-Wolves when they had that whole Joe Smith signing scandal. This is arguably worse.

Kawhi refuses to play for the Raptors because they're normally located in Toronto and demands a trade.

Trade Harden for Kawhi?

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Can they actually force him back to Toronto?

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I despised Kawhi when he did that to the Spurs. Complete lack of class and professionalism. I think he should’ve been suspended for a season after that

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If you exclude the 2012 OKC Thunder (which Harden was a member), only 4 teams have gone to the FInals out of the West over the last 22 years. Spurs, Mavericks, Warriors & Lakers. That's the truth. What's everyone else's (in the West) excuse?

15. sheb

sheb Member

no way the league messes with the logo
    Or a Los angles team

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Rockets want star or young prospect with great potential and picks in return. Which team is willing to give up young prospect?

Simmons? Morey wants 3 stars, most likely he is trading Harris to 3rd team for someone.
    Booker? They just traded for CP3, they are not going to trade Booker without trying to see how their team compete.
    Towns? They just got the #1 pick and don't think they are going to give up on him so fast.
    Ingram? Signed extension, can't be traded till 3/3
    Oladipo? Is Pacers going to rebuild?
    These are the 5 I think most likely to get traded.
    Either Rockets lower their asking price or Morey willing to trade Simmons, I don't see trade is happening anytime soon.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@HP3 Tilman is the worst but man you gotta quit going to bat for Morey. He's gone. He's not coming back. He didn't just leave because of Tilman. He left because he didn't want to be in Houston anymore. His kids both have graduated from high school and that was the last thing holding him back in Houston. He had a job opportunity lined up in Philadelphia and he snuck his way there somehow one last **** you to Tilman. Negotiations did not happen in those 10 days. It's been an ongoing conversation.

Doc Rivers had a major part and that's clear. There is a reason I wanted him hired when he was available and there is a reason Morey was rumored 2 summers ago to be linked to the job. Morey thinks he is better than Houston. He thinks his creativity can only be seen if he's on a bigger stage. He does his annual conference at MIT in Boston and he wrote a musical because he wants to be on Broadway.

He's actively been recruiting the best player the Rockets have had in two decades to come with him and thinks he can land him without Ben Simmons. He's a slippery eel and it's always been clear, he was just our slippery eel. . He literally tampered in the Chronicle but the order of the hiring allowed it to be a love letter. He's a great GM but has a huge EGO just like Tilman. He's an egomaniac who ran into another egomaniac and they clashed. It's like trying to put Russ and James into a system. It just doesn't work.

edit: Look at JVG. He still wanted the job after Morey left. He's friends with Morey and Tilman. It isn't as bad as you think.

#237 treyk3, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Amel and the11mingdynasty like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm curious. We should wait out to see how the clippers scandal unfold. That aftermath sht will send ripples

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

I understand the fear of this forum of losing someone like Harden, but it is the appreciation that we have had all these years, good moments, bad moments, it is always difficult to leave with who we have celebrated and even cried all this time, we do not really know what happens behind of the curtain, maybe we will never know, Harden gave us more than he could and if he does not want to continue here it is best to let him go, the organization should not cling to him if he does not want to continue here, let's look for the best available trade and We wish him the best, the fear of letting go of Harden and falling into mediocrity is scary but maybe after all we will succeed with the trade and have a new culture and style of play that elevates us as a TEAM to that coveted trophy

csc177 and Lloyd Estacio like this.