1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden and the Houston Rockets are at a breaking point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dysfunctional?

Every team with a superstar does the same thing, this is nothing new in the NBA and not just Harden does this, have you seen the stuff coming out about Kawhi and PG in LA?

This pearl clutching is hilarious.

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

All I'm saying is, LBJ has a longer career than Harden and has probably done less crap that Harden pulled off so far. I agree that he and Wade done a lot of things but nothing close to Harden, whot doesnt have a ring or hasnt been in finals...I cant agree to put them into the same box...

Nook likes this.
  3. Outlier

Outlier Member

James Harden is basically Dennis Rodman from The Last Dance. Fitting because like Rodman, he's better suited for a role where he doesn't have to be the leader.

dc rock likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I didn't see Harden dancing, having fun, not himself, period. Some of his actions seemed forced as well. Lot of eggshells out on the floor last night and it sucks because Silas, Wall, Boogie, the rooks, don't deserve that.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Fear the beard my ass

DeBeards likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Didn't Harden have a bow tie on his draft night? LOL

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t give a **** about them in LA, I see what Miami, San Antonio and GS does. Ain’t no pearl clutching, it’s just holding the franchise that this city supports accountable for their actions. Top to bottom

8. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

No but it’s a real possibility that the article is a leak from the team to brace the fanbase into a Harden trade. Think about it, it paints Harden in a really bad light, but the information isn’t anything new in the league. I’m sure most players/execs been knowing that Harden runs the Rockets. Seeing as how many more fans have dubbed him “locker room cancer” after this article, even though he’s been in the locker room for a while now. Not saying their wrong cuz he definitely gets the blame here, you don’t make a team bend over backwards to every request and ask for a trade. I think that just shows that a deal might be close, and eases the fanbase (at least the close ones, ones who read articles) for his eventual trade.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LMAO, these guys are having a field day. Can't stand it...

10. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... I don't agree that Wade and LBJ did a lot less crap, they get less flack for it because they won titles. The smartest thing LBJ did was leave to go to Miami and team with two other great players and win a title... he has been able to ensure he is surrounded by great players by taking short deals. That is something that in hindsight Harden should have done as well, and there would be no discussion of any of this. My guess is Harden learns his lesson and takes shorter deals so he can go play with great players.

Deuce and baller4life315 like this.
  11. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Dang you Ramona! I know you put Tim up to this! Let me get some sleep baby!

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did he?

You know this how?

Because I have heard far worst and there is stuff coming out of the Clippers saying 2 guys did much worse.

13. riko

riko Member

Exactly. They want to get the fanbase ready for the less then stellar return by making these leaks

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That ship has sailed considering he has no control over the tail-end of his prime. I'm sure he will still be good at 33+, but not at the level he will be these next two years.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't know. I think that is probably very much in play after this deal is done in the next 2 years. He'll probably re up depending on where he is or chase on another team on a shorter deal. I can see him doing a 1+1 like some of these other players. Like you said he'll still be good. 2 years isn't that long for a skilled player like harden

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who is the asst?

PM me.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Reading the stories? Morey has made his feelings known in multiple interviews how a star should be treated. He sees it as a collaboration because he knows you need to keep the superstar happy. He has also created a culture that caters to James. Morey made sure that Harden owned the Rockets essentially which is why things are mostly done the way Harden has wanted them the last few years.

I'm sure if James would of asked Morey to be his waiter, Morey would of obliged.

18. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

I can see that, but on the flip side, wouldn't this hurt his trade value? Making him look like an extreme diva and high maintenance player that doesn't want to abide by team rules? The trade request already hurt the Rockets leverage in negotiations, so having an intentional "hit" piece leaked from the top seems like it would make it even harder to get good value from any trade. I don't buy it.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

All that but not angry or fearful. He missed practice and preseason games, thats all that it looked like. Maybe it has been stressful, I wouldn't be the same either with everything that is being said about him. But it doesn't sound like a spoiled kid like you guys are making it out to seem.

20. Denovo

Denovo Member

didn’t Paul George sleep with Roy Hibberts wife?

Also.. His wife to be is the Miami stripper that he cheated on Doc River’s Daughter with.

jiggyfly and Nook like this.