1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden and the Houston Rockets are at a breaking point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Yes and it is consistent with what I was told from a former front office employee ever since Morey left.

Tilman and the new guard tried everything possible to twist it, that Morey left because Harden and Westbrook said they were leaving.

The reality is that Morey was the glue that kept everything together.

These hit pieces are getting comical and contradicting earlier hit pieces, some of them by the same damn writer (MacMahon).

I especially like the comments by the former assistant coach (everyone knows who it is), someone that is bitter that that they are no longer on the Rockets staff when they were part of the problem.

2. Rockets4Life13

Stephen A Smith said it perfectly imo.

"The problem is not you giving James Harden this much power - the problem is how he handled the power." (im paraphrasing)

3. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

Yeah but if this was a problem and was going on then why is it finally being reported now? Harden is a superstar, and when you’re a superstar in this league you get special treatment, you get to be consulted on every move that the team makes. I don’t know what’s surprising about this. I’m sure Dame gets this same kind of power in Portland. They wanted to keep him there so they said yes to his wishes.

GotGame15 likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We only have a mess that he wants out because Tilman kind of sucks as an owner. However, we have been in contention for the last 4-5 years only because of Harden, so don't give me this ****. Harden is not perfect, but he is a guaranteed playoff spot in a bottle. Not even Lebron can say that. You guys will miss him when we don't make the playoffs for 3 years straight

#104 rockbox, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Which confirms Leslie Alexander didn't want to intervene either, he didn't care as long as the team made the Playoffs.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Waaaat? Nahh Nook, Harden takes things over the top...LBJ is a family man, dude doesnt visit strip clubs every other week...Leonard isnt athat wild either...I dont know about George...

I'm glad we are cutting the cord. Either get him inline and maybe he starts becoming responsible and listens, or trade him.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  7. RocketsSZN

RocketsSZN Member

That being said, that needs to go. I’m sure most around the league already knew this before, so this article doesn’t really say much. If you can move on, move on. Especially since the guy doesn’t want to be here anymore.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You don't know Paul George cheated on his fiancé and got a stripper pregnant?

Denovo and Amel like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You'd see soccer stars getting fined though.

No fines, that is borderline criminal and pampering.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I doubt it. Miami doesn't care. They have a culture and if Harden goes there he's going to abide by it. Pat is going to sit down with him and tell him how things go around there and Butler will probably make it clear and they will make James understand that if he wants to win then he does things their way.

I think one thing this article mentions is that James has asked for a trade...it feels like multiple times before. It makes me think there is a good chance he rescinds his demands and even re-signs.

To leave Houston for Philly or Miami is going to be a new kind of pressure. Durant is in BK to win rings (Kyrie is there just because) and Embiid is another hard*** like Westbrook that is going to take things seriously and he's also in Philly. Philly is the roughest sports town next to New York. No excuses, get the job done. Harden will get destroyed in these markets.

Here in houston, we are just happy to support the stars we have. Harden can play out the rest of his career here and be beloved despite all of this or he could go to New York or Philly and be hated for not winning a ring if he doesn't win one.

I kind of agree with this, one of the reasons Lebron left Miami it was said at the time is he didn't have the control he used to have. So where did he go? Back to Cleveland and immediately they made moves to accommodate him. Harden won't have this power in NY or Philly, those teams already belong to other superstars.

Harden has to understand if it is control he wants he's not getting it anywhere else but a franchise worse off than the Rockets. Like I'm sure he could go to Sactown and immediately make his demands and control the organization.

joshuaao, TimDuncanDonaut and Ramo$e like this.
  11. Rockets4Life13

George likes fishing and has a wife-to-be.

No other superstar acts like this. It's not really debatable.

Amel and dje243 like this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It wasn't a problem until Morey and Dan Tony left and Rox accounted a culture change with under Stone and eventually Silas was coming. Now Harden acted out because his whole Rox world got turned upside down. No more calling the shots. Stone and Silas are the captain now and his entire body and soul is revolting likely out of anger and fear.

Also Rus WAS OKC!!! Even he was appalled and the Laissez Faire Rox run by Harden.

bballjunkie and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - this is terrible management - just terrible.

DD

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  14. Nimo

Nimo Member

And how is he mishandling this power? Do you have anything other than contradicting hit pieces with anonymous sources as proof?

Nook likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

This isn't about strip clubs..... LBJ has cancelled practices, he has gone clubbing.... he has made the entire team sit on the tarmac while he decided he wanted a private practice. He and Dwayne Wade did a lot of things...... when Dwayne Wade got to Chicago he refused to practice and skipped meetings.... this is nothing unique to Harden, the only difference is that Harden and the Rockets are headed towards a nasty divorce....... KD skipped practices as well with the Warriors.

With the leaks by the Rockets, and the tone of the articles it sounds like the Rockets are resigned to the fact they will lose Harden..... if that is the case they need to get a fair deal done.

Also, Tilman better be willing to taking offers from the Sixers, they have the best assets.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We have Morley and Mike, Dan, Tony to thank for this. I'd almost be okay with it IF they pulled off the chip but they didn't because both are stubborn as hell.

17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Le$ was always about that $$$. That's why we got Tmac to sale the name.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Defector, f/k/a Deadspin loves them some Harden now:

Nook and Ramo$e like this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

I watched last night's game. That didn't look like someone angry and fearful.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Vultures.

DeBeards likes this.