1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[If Available] Herro or Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Dec 10, 2020.

?

Herro or Simmons?

1. Herro

189 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Simmons

327 vote(s)
    64.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The chances of them being first team NBA is virtually nil, and it is not likely they will even be on the third team, assuming it is not just based just on fan voting.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

appreciate your calm and collected takes. hoping for the best.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, I haven't watched him pre Miami.

I can only refer to our fellow Cfers who said his playmaking is making big strides.

This potential trade rumor wasn't to get an equal player back because that would be impossible, it was to get a young upcoming guy and picks. (Simmons isn't on Harden's level)

The reason why I layed it out is because Tyler or Ben are going to get better gradually but won't improve like Harden did in Houston.

That's impossible.

#963 daywalker02, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Reeko and D-rock like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's the problem I see right there. If Simmons is't your best player and is one of the two highest paid guys on your team, then you are destined to be a first or second round fodder in the playoffs. If we were pairing Simmons with a player like Harden, then that's great. But we are trading Harden for him. What we are left is Wall for two more years of his max contract. We are basically the Sixers of the past few years, a good team but not great. And we are playing in the West.

With Herro, you hope that he will turn out to be Ray Allen and not Kyle Korver. If he is Kyle Korver, then you give him a mid-level contract and hope that some disgruntled superstar will be available and you have enough assets hauled from Miami to make it interesting. Don't forget that you will get at least one of Bam, Robinson and Nunn, maybe two along with Herro. Robinson is already an elite shooter. Bam is already a star and has the potential to be something special. Nunn is also a nice piece. So it's not that you bank on only Herro. With the Phill deal, you pretty much is banking on one guy to fix his glaring deficiency after he has already played 3 seasons.

clutchdabear, Reeko and YOLO like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

You'd be right.

That would apply to Herro.

Ben Simmons has already been All NBA 3rd team. As well as All NBA Defense 1st team.

And NBA All Star (twice).

While he will never be James Harden, saying a 3rd year player cannot improve from where he is disingenuous.

You cannot say that with certainty and Simmons has already proven your statement wrong once.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

IF Bam was a part of the package then its a no brainer for me, but everything I've read is he's off the table.

Simmons will bring you a bare minimum of production that has already been established and the only way he can go is up if his offensive game continues to develop. Speculating on what Herro can bring you on one season plus one preseason game is Kelvin Cato-esque. Guys keep showing highlights of these skills of his, but in the end the stat line is what the stat line is. Almost like if I could find tape on his defensive lapses, poor body position in rebounds and his still developing passing skill as reasoning for a contrarian opinion.

Simmons is not my first choice, neither is Herro. You have to look at the salary aggregate and try to remain realistic in a trade between these two franchises. You would gut the Heat in a trade without a 3rd team - they just went to the Finals, not sure they would buy into that.

The trade example you mentioned above is the best by far, but doesnt seem realistic from Miami's perspective. I dont think they love James THAT much.

dmoneybangbang and Easy like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Now that Giannis is staying in Milwaukee this means Miami will probably now come full bore after harden.I felt Riley was waiting on Giannis now he will come for Harden

Also Toronto and the Warriors were waiting on him so yeah they could now come after harden to.

D-rock likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah i think this probably helps the rockets, as far as more offers go. There's plenty of teams that were just waiting on Giannis during the summer. Now that's off the table. Next up, Harden

Reeko and riko like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock and riko like this.
  13. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Russell Westbrook says "there's still hope for me?" To which I say, naw man, you'll never be a shooter. And Ben will never be a shooter.

I honestly think that Herro fits our needs better. Wall and Simmons sounds awful.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Siakam + Anunoby + FRPs would be a good package

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

No star returning.

Both Siakam and OG are just high tier role players.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What would Simmons be on this team?

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

A bonafide multiple All Star, All NBA 3rd team, All NBA Defense 1st team, ROY, NBA leader in steals.

And still only 24.

Siakam is NONE of that (1× All Star), on similar contract and is already 27.

#978 D-rock, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Simmons is overhyped. He is better than Siakam but don’t see Ben getting better. He is who he is. And when did he lead league in steals?

20. malakas

malakas Member

Between these choices I take Herro.

Between all potentially available packages I would prefer Michael Porter Jr.

I don't trust that Simmons will not ask to be traded to the Lakers after Lebron leaves.

I also have zero confidence that he will ever be a shooter. Not an average shooter. Just a shooter who shoots even like 28%. From anywhere, midrange or 3s.