1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arenas: James has to reevaluate how he plays the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

2. TheSource

TheSource Member

"only has one offensive tool" LOL ok

CDrex, CCity Zero, arabrocket and 4 others like this.
  3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yeah pretty everything he said gets tossed out the window lol. What a dumbass.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL at Arenas and his lame ass analysis.

1 offensive tool!!!

Arenas is the offensive tool.

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

He just has to show up. His game isn’t the problem right now.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Can you start by reinventing one’s self

D-rock likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Look out for the usual suspects going "Arenas is right Harden blah blah blah and in conclusion Harden going off ball would remove global warming."

harold bingo, B-Bob and D-rock like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, I generally love Arenas' podcast/takes, but he lost me on this one... that's the only thing he knows how to do? When he was with OKC, he was more than "dribble dribble dribble". Maybe he just does it because the success rate is so damn good.

And "Club Shay Shay"?! wth?

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Also, I kind of do agree with the needs to re-evaluate his game part. I think he may have to do that if Silas is wanting to do what he wants to do. It can't just be the world revolves around Harden for 24 seconds at a time.

hajkov, fchowd0311 and saleem like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Gilbert the ultimate chucker himself Lol? Shannon bro I use the juice ( growth hormones) like you but ******* man I still have my brain cells left. Clint Capela left because of harden?

#10 riko, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

All day and twice on Sundays he says

12. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Arenas was wrong in how he described Harden's skillset. I do not disagree with the fact that Harden needs to reevaluate his mindset.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I find this take the best. There isn’t a super on here who was clamoring for this 17-18 when we went to the WCF. There wasn’t anyone clamoring for this the following year when dragged Houston by himself from what the 10th seed all the way to I think 4 or 5. If CP3 stays healthy and Tilman isn’t a cheap ******* this is a non issue. Last year was a wasted year everything single person alive knew the pairing of Hardrn and Westbrook wouldn’t work. Had Harden had anyone who could shoot a basketball that LA series would have been drastically different. Say what you want about his partying or his off the court activities but the dude is a grinder. He’s a workhouse. He’s dragged The Rockets to the playoffs every single year he’s been here. His style is perfectly fine. Maybe they should get him someone who can hit a fuxking shot like CP could.

peleincubus, bmelo and riko like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Also I believe Wall and harden will work

Roomba likes this.
  15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I’m totally burned out on watching James either iso or just stand outside of the play watching everyone play 4 on 4 if he doesn’t have the ball in his hands. Hoping we mix it up with some movement without the ball

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think there’s something in between “Harden only knows how to do one thing” and “we should expand our offensive versatility”.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People just want to feel some level of control over Harden.
    People seem to resent that Harden has anything seeming like a choice.
    People want to be able to force him into doing what they want. That is not enough . . . He has to be happy about it.

When was the last time Harden was asked to do ANYTHING without the ball?

CP3 is literally the ONLY person in the last 5 yrs I trusted with the ball in his hands.

QUESTION: Who do you trust to distribute the ball?

Rocket River

18. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Maybe he mixed up Harden and Westbrook?

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

4 on 5 is a disadvantage. So is Playing Smaller and tiring out for trying to Rebound. 7 man rotation Mike Dantoni created.

bmelo likes this.
  20. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

What Gil said is right. Atleast for the most part. "Dribble dribble dribble, SHOOT" "dribble dribble dribble, STEPBACK" "dribble dribble dribble, DRIVE" .. This is the Harden we know. He was absolutely correct when he mentioned Harden not being able to backdoor, come off pindowns, flares.. He needs to add those things back to his game to make it easier for everyone. He definitely needs to add the post up to his game. If he wants to win rings he needs to bring a complete offensive skillset to the table. We need versatility. I feel that's been the keyword with this new Rockets regime and the offseason acquisitions. GIVE US VERSATILITY JAMES!!!