1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden’s Partying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

surprised no one's posted this yet.

SCIENCE!!!!

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I posted this blog BEFORE the Corona incident and have 12 pages of pure hate. Now it IS affecting his time to bond with his new teammates with pre-season games starting this Friday. He’ll stay in H Town because no other team would put up with this crud from an aging veteran.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

?

My post was a silly response to @Outlier. Who was responding to @aliadiere25 .
    I'm not sure where you come in?

Regardless of training camp, rockets & basketball, it seems pretty stupid to fly all over the country and party with crowds of people during one of the worst weeks of the pandemic.

People usually think such behavior is irresponsible and stupid unless of course it's someone they like. Then it's all, it's understandable, etc etc.

Imanimal and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Love Harden, but trade him before it’s too late. The partying and drug usage (shocking truth....there is drug usage at rapper parties) is going to eventually derail this man’s career and we won’t get fifty cents on the dollar for him. It’s been a blast, but time to move on and get Simmons.

blahblehblah likes this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Please, tell me more about your deep knowledge of rapper parties.

[​IMG]

6. tmacman

tmacman Member

Maybe Harden should start gambling instead then.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think it's fair to say that Harden's partying is starting to cause some problems.

Imanimal and Two Sandwiches like this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The Irony Harden is at a party of a person called Lil Baby is that is exactly what Harden is acting like right now.

tinman likes this.
  9. curbur

curbur Member

LOL.. agreed. For all the lil pipps & lil ativans of the world that love weed, xanax & our city's own trendy contribution to the opioid epidemic, (lean), you've got plenty of rappers (famous or not) that don't anymore (& some of them never did). Gucci Mane has apparently been completely sober almost 4 years now; he even still goes out to clubs & strip clubs with friends all the time and just toasts water instead.

(On another note, I haven't sipped lean since 2006 really, and although I don't miss it at all, it was a pretty fun time. Even if I wanted to again though, I won't anymore out of principle since it's just gotten wayyy to expensive. I remember when an 8 would go for $120-$140, but now it's not even unheard of for only 1-2 oz's to go for $120 in 2020. Granted, the best price is $12.99 for 16 oz's at Walgreens, but good luck getting a dr in town to write that script still, and even if so, it will only be once ir twice a year at best..... so, anyways..... lol.)

That's lowkey a pretty prejudiced take to assume of rappers actually. Meanwhile, 2/3 of the yokels that get their songs played on CMT are lifelong hardcore alcoholics, 1/2 of those people also do prescription opioid pills and/or cocaine, and I'm sure at least a tiny amount of them dabble with meth even. Yet, nobody would be implying such a stigma if Harden was skipping out on practice to be in Nashville at the Grand Ole Opry.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

If Lil baby collaborated with Da baby, the group be Da Lil Baby.

bmelo likes this.
  11. curbur

curbur Member

Perhaps you already know this and are just being facetious, but they did already make a song together in July last year called "Baby". They also both featured on a track together for Pop Smoke's posthumous album. Neither song really makes the cut for either rappers' best music.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

And imagine if Glenn Davis worked his way in there somehow.

Mindblown.gif

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is better than any @Carl Herrera joke

14. tinman

Supporting Member

rappers had much more original names in the 90s

like Tupac or Method Man

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

And ice tea, ice cube and vanilla ice.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Lil baby lil uzi vert lil peep

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He should just change his post to say that hanging with rappers could get him shot then. Damn, that purple got expensive since my 2000s heyday.

18. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

NotInMyHouse and abaker28 like this.
  19. Duke Fan

Duke Fan Member

So you get offended by him making a generalization about rappers lifestyles, but proceed to do the same about country singers? Or yokels as you like to call them? While also making up statistics? You're the one implying it is a race issue. He's just talking about the type of company he keeps. It just happens to be rappers.

20. curbur

curbur Member

He didn't just imply he was with rappers, he implied that he was likely using drugs because he was hanging out with them. If you're really going to sit there and pretend there's not still obvious double standards when describing one culture vs another, then that's your prerogative, but I see no incentive for me to try and prove otherwise.

As far as the country singers, the exact numbers don't really matter to the point; regardless of the exact numbers, whatever they exactly are around those percentages, it's still generally a fact. Me thinks I may have struck a chord there though.

jiggyfly likes this.