1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] [Shams] Rockets trade Westbrook for Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 2, 2020.

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Fairweather fans who dont even watch the nba trying to speak their minds lmao

At no point in their careers has john wall ever been better than westbrook

bmelo, Sanctity and ksny15 like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying Wall has to out-perform CP3, there isn't a Warriors type team to run into.

As to out-performing Westbrook, I don't think that would be hard. I'm all about fit over stat padding. Wall is a better passer than Westbrook and he can actually shoot the ball. That alone makes him better for the Rockets than Westbrook could ever dream of being.

3. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Wall cant shoot for **** either. Quit speaking out of your ass

Sanctity likes this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Graham is more valuable than ego right now. There is no reason to do that.

5. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

BamBam likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude may not even be on the court. Does that count as too much?

All this for a protected frp lol.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

That's Wall's shooting numbers the last few seasons.

He's not the greatest shooter in the world, but when compared to the absolute garbage that is Westbrook, he kind of does look like the greatest shooter in the world.

I mean, Westbrook was shooting 29% on catch and shoot 3's last season....that's just pathetic.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would pick someone not even being on the court over Westbrook.

clutchdabear and Rodman23 like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Well you said it yourself, we massively overpaid with 5 picks because Tillman was a **** tard owner. And he also didn't take any salary back, probably could have taken Schroeder in the trade too.

WB was not really a calculated gamble, it was a desperation gamble because we desperately wanted to contend.

Again we are always sell low and we are always desperate because we are nearing end of Harden's prime.

Even if WB wasn't going to sit his ass the entire season, it's not really great having him sulking in the corner to start the season, it's not like we can rehab his value that way.

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

29% infinitely better than 0% which is what Wall shot the last 2 years.

You can hate on WB but objectively speaking as an asset he is a lot better than Wall coming off an achilles tear and hasnt played in the last 3 years. Thats just facts.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Isnt a warriors type team? Lakers are pretty damn close. They added the top two 6th man of the years and only lost green. They can play big or small. The Westbrook hate is incredible. You idiots truly believe hes the reason we didnt win. Its like talking to trump supporters. Just unreal

Landsdale likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, not even close.

I would take someone not being on the court over someone who is actively detrimental to the team while on the court.

Get Wall back on the court, and it's just a bonus.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok so why is the alternative get 3 yr injured Wall? If somebody is sulking you can go to his home and talk some sense into him. If Wall breaks his other achilles what are you gonna do? Get a choir of guys singing "Rise up" to Wall so he can start walking again Batman Rises style?

14. Chamillionaire

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I can't help but have contempt for Westbrook right now. The Rockets changed up their entire team to accommodate Russell Westbrook and he wants out? This fool has been bounced in the first round since KD left until Harden and the Rockets dragged his broke down ass over the finish line against his old team. I don't care if John Wall sits on the sideline for two years, this is will be a net improvement for the Rockets.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol we are talking about 40M hole in the capspace.

Who cares what YOU think? Objectively the earth is round doesnt matter what a flat earther thinks. Objectively WB contract is way better than Wall contract, doesnt matter if you hate WB's nuts.

17. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

If you look at the single season NBA usage percentage rankings WB is first and Harden is second. Wall is ranked 195. The reason WB wanted to leave is he has a to have the ball. This is the type of player he is. Wall is going to fit better with Harden and this team. The Rockets are not going to have a problem scoring that has never been our issue. This is a better fit as long as Wall stays healthy.

clutchdabear and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

This is hardly a good thing. All this means is his shot outside of catch and shoot is even worse. And keep in mind this is pre injury

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

While this trade has left me scratching my head, I can see that your point here is valid. Depending on how well Wall's rehab is going (and we won't know until we can see him perform on the court) this trade could jumpstart the Rockets in a good way. And like you said, they had to do something about Westbrick and if this doesn't work, the next domino to fall will be Harden getting shipped out quite probably at the trade deadline. I'm not going to b**** at Stone and Silas just yet because I realize that they inherited a big mess to cleanup when MDA and Morey decided to jump ship.

clutchdabear, raining threes and Nook like this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....yeah, that's what Westbrook was. A 40 million dollar hole in the capspace that was terrible on the court and wouldn't even show up to camp.

Simp for him if you like, but it's ridiculous.

clutchdabear and Nook like this.