1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you don’t want to be Rockets fans then bye

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He signed Chris Paul and avoided paying him by selling the team.
    @Reeko @Os Trigonum

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tilman won’t have that overpaying issue. He’ll have his own unique way of bringing down the organization through being cheap, meddling, and having bad working relationships. The end result could very well be the same tho...a laughingstock organization that makes bad decisions and puts out a sh*tty product...we’ll just have to wait and see because the potential for this franchise to really hit rock bottom won’t happen until Harden is officially gone

3. tinman

Supporting Member

So they are not alike.

You fear that we suck like the Knicks. When has that ever happened? we've had many owners.

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Tin - You left off Elvin on his birthday. C'mon brother, we can't leave off Big E, even though he was only in Houston for 1-year before the trade. He did retire here as well, :)

tinman likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

the 99ers are always such supreme Rockets fans

You are right brother! Glad to know the 99ers are always there

Shark44 likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't get the point of this thread. rocket fans should just embrace and root for LTS?

YOLO likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There is a small, strange subset of fans who believe that fans are obligated to support every move the Rockets make, even if said moves are obviously bad for the Rockets, and if they don't, then they aren't "real fans"

YOLO and pippendagimp like this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets are bigger than one pathetic owner. Nobody is taking my Rockets fandom away from me. (and to that point, even James Harden isn't taking my James Harden Rockets years away from me either).

However I'm in no obligation to go out of my way to support the guy who has ruined the franchise in a matter of months. If Tillman wants the fans to reward him personally, and put the team in the black, he can either be a good owner, sell the team, or GTFO of the way. I'll always support the players, watch games on cable at least, nerd out on clutchfans, and will NEVER EVER get apparel from another NBA team much less wear it in public.

But I in no way owe them hundreds if not thousands of dollars a year if the team is being poorly run, and I sure as hell don't have to eat at the owners overpriced overly salted restaurants where everything is frozen, and is marked up to pay for the animatronics from the 1970's.

#108 dobro1229, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    YOLO likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

there are people jumping off the Rockets fandom

@Reeko

I believe mainly because Max Kellerman will stop talking about us when Harden leaves

they weren't fans anyways
    they are only media addicts

10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Personally, bro, I don't hate Tilman. We're in it together, like it or not. I mean he's sucked a good deal of joy out of my life, I won't lie. But his decisions haven't cost me my job or affected my personal life. I think he got in way over his head and let his ego get the best of him. I think he's a sad figure, but there are lessons that I can learn from his years of failures as an owner and human being.

I won't reward him for being a terrible owner though. He deserves an empty Toyota Center for betraying this fanbase. It's the only way he'll ever "get it" IMO.

But having said all that, I hope the coming slide is short lived and that he can turn this franchise around.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Toyota Center was empty before he took over.

This is the sad truth.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

True! I'm talking EMPTY though. And it's a strong possibility the way things are headed.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

That's not going to happen. The corporate customer takes their clients there to talk business and drink beers.
    They usually don't even watch the games, usually they pay attention when the t-shirts are being shot.

Have you been to another team's home game? the spurs? mavs? warriors? lakers? knicks?

each crowd is different based on the city.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  14. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

It's a sad situation, no doubt. I doubt any of this helps though.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

One is just as fictional as the other.

16. rockets52

rockets52 Member

I’m just here for a good time

17. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I agree with you on that and Morey gave Harden his best chance that season..But I feel like they gave James too much power and it came back on them, but great point my guy

bulkatron likes this.
  18. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

Right Tilman felt like Chris Paul was overpaid and at the end of the day we all know on this board Chris Paul screwed the Rockets salary cap look at all the assets we gave up to get Chris

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Well the real reason Chris Paul left was that he didn't like Harden.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I agree there too. They had to tell James after 18-19 hey, you need to figure out how to make it work with Chris because we aren't trading either of you. Forget letting Ariza go; they had a chance to recover from that too, and didn't.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.