1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

I won't believe anything until I hear a sound clip of him saying any of this. This the media trying push a narrative to get him out of Houston.

bj3175, D-rock and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Tilman really should have shut up and listened, His super star once in a generation talent is now asking to be traded to a team where his head coach just bolted to. The same head coach you didn't bother communicating with. I have seen many leaders like Tilman, and they have failed for these same reasons. Either way he will be with his old GM or old head coach, that means you had the right pieces to keep Harden, but were too arrogant and stubborn to realize it.

3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Just let him go and get back the draft picks. Tilman does not play tax and trade out cp3 and caplea, there is no hope even het into westerrn semi finals. We still need an all star power forward or center for this team.

4. HardenVolumeOne

This whole saga sounds nothing like something james harden would do. He is a very private person in the off-season. He loves the city of Houston too much do lay us out to dry like this. Something sinister is going on behind the scenes

bj3175 likes this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

damn

6. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

You sound pretty naive tbh.

Anyone would want out of this dumpster fire.

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I definitely think someone from his camp did. Hard to imagine a player saying something so stupid to a reporter. Then again players sometimes do say the dumbest thing, ala spreewell, ewing etc etc

roslolian, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  8. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I supposed it would be a fitting irony. The Harden era began with a robbery, might as well end with one.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I donno man, I cant believe that. I cant believe that an agent or any representative would be so incompetent as to really tell that to an organization. That is straight cucoo. I honestly dont want to believe this about Harden....but idk anything anymore.

D-rock and blahblehblah like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yep, began with Presti rather paying Ibaka and others than Harden.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Offer Harden 60M a year then.

I dare you Tilly.

DeBeards and Dankstronaut like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

What reason does Harden currently have to stay here? Y’all are acting like this is actually a great situation, and the media is overstating things or making things up to get Harden out of Houston.

Idk how u make up Harden turning down a 50 mil/yr extension if you’re Woj. Your credibility would be shot.

They just traded Roco for Ariza’s corpse and picks. Unless those picks are about to bring in some impact player, does that sound like a winning move or one made for a rebuild?

roslolian, BigggReddd and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe, just maybe, Tilman should NOT have run off the 2 people in the organization that Harden was closest to????

Tilly is such an ass clown.

DeBeards, BamBam, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Send Josh Richardson, Malik Monk & Cody Zeller + 3rd overall pick (Blazers 16th pick goes to Hornets) for Aaron Gordon and Mo Bamba + Magic FRP.

This draft reeks, 16th pick is fool's gold.

Simmons
    Rozier
    Thybulle/Ariza
    AG
    Horford/Bamba

This is a very good start to a rebuild.

DeBeards, roslolian and BigggReddd like this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

McGrady had fire in playoffs and elevated his game. Id take healthy Tmac(i guess only first year or two with rockets) before Harden and based on the ASG videos it seems like other superstars dont think of Harden like the ultimate superstar. Hes stats inflator and floor raiser but if defense is good he is stoppable. Doesnt have athletics to break free. On the other hand TMac had way higher ceiling even though i know hes career took really bad direction after Orlando trade(damn this rockets team is cursed)

HoustonWest likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Frankly, not even a conversation to be had with the Sixers or Nets.

No Embiid or Simmons, don't even bother calling. (And no, the Rockets aren't or don't have to take back shitty Sixers contract--Harris/Horford)

Nets, LOL.

Whoever it is, if he's traded and obviously barring injury, 2 guaranteed years of Harden + a 3rd year player option.

Anthony Davis:
    Lonzo Ball
    Josh Hart
    Brandon Ingram
    cash
    2020 4th overall pick (De'Andre Hunter)
    2021 1st round draft pick (protected for selections 8-30 in 2021 and unprotected in 2022)
    2023 1st round draft pick (right to swap)
    2024 1st round draft pick (option to defer 2024 first-round pick to 2025)

Davis had one year left + player option (which he just declined & obviously will re-sign with LA.)

Paul George:
    Danilo Gallinari
    Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
    2021 1st round draft pick (Miami's unprotected pick)
    2022 1st round draft pick
    2023 1st round draft pick (right to swap with LAC)
    2023 1st round draft pick (Miami's pick; protected for selections 1-14 in 2023, 1-14 in 2024 and 1-14 in 2025 and unprotected in 2026)
    2024 1st round draft pick
    2025 1st round draft pick (right to swap with LAC or HOU)
    2026 1st round draft pick

George had 2 years left + player option.

Jrue ****ing Holiday just went for three firsts and two pick swaps.
    Holiday has one year left + player option.

As part of the trade for Holiday, Milwaukee is sending New Orleans a package that includes Eric Bledsoe, George Hill and three first-round picks, sources said.

The trade also includes a pair of pick swaps and will ultimately amount to something similar to what the Pelicans received from the Lakers last season in the deal that sent Anthony Davis to Los Angeles.

H/T Zeeshan or whoever posted this earlier...

On what planet is Caris LeVert, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jarrett Allen, and Taurean Prince getting you (one of) Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Stephen Curry, Anthony Davis, LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kevin Durant, Damian Lillard, Bradley Beal, Jimmy Butler but the Rockets should accept it for James Harden? o_O:rolleyes:

I mean, what you're saying is a slightly better package the Thunder got for Chris Paul.

Chris Paul & Abdel Nader for Kelly Oubre Jr., Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque & a protected 2022 1st round pick.

#176 J.R., Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    DeBeards, Deuce, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

gtfoh with this dumb sh*t

T-Mac’s playoff numbers in Houston: 28, 7, and 7...43/30/73 shooting splits...never made it out the 1st round with a 2-0 lead twice and HCA twice

Harden’s playoff numbers: 28, 6, and 7...42/32/87 shooting splits...2 WCF appearances and makes it out the 1st round consistently

T-Mac with worse numbers than Harden is “elevating”...that’s because Harden is at least 2 whole tiers ahead of T-Mac in the regular season

I guess Harden should just put up a pedestrian 24-25 ppg in the regular season so that when he puts up his usual numbers in the postseason, we can say that he’s elevating his game too...

stop the stupidity

joshuaao and roslolian like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seriously ... at this point it’s just about getting to the point where Tillman just sells the team he never really should have been approved of buying by the NBA. Guy is clueless.

19. gogispade

gogispade Member

I just hope, we get some real value in return.

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

This was different league, spacing and team concepts. And you gave me totals when Tmac wasnt healthy except for two first years here... he was going from around 26 to around 30 in playoffs, Harden be dropping 40 in regular season and goes down to around 28 in playoffs while whole team still plays to his strengths, he plays iso, jacks up 15 threes every game. I think any real superstar like Kobe Tmac AI Wade etc would drop Harden numbers if given that much freedom

there was much more to playoff failures of Tmac which he is rightly blame for but as i always said... opponents were just better almost every time. And what happened to Harden once he ran to better opponent? He never won as an underdog. He was crushing bummed out from the gsw west. And then he losed everytime he played great team

HoustonWest likes this.