1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. curbur

curbur Member

No, there is no such thing as getting equal value, but there is absolutely such thing as requiring some semblance of fair value on the other end of the trade before being willing to part with a top 25 player in the NBA, disgruntled or not. Still just as certain that he won't be a Rocket by 12/22 as you were earlier this week?

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. especially with the draft coming up. plans definitely unravel in many ways for better or worse, during that time and teams proceed from there

and yes i get it, you obviously want to get some semblance of value in a trade but the realization is this situation is a mess and the realistic exaptation is Houston won't get it. There's just too much against it

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

What is fair and what value something/someone has is in the mind of the beholder.

How different this entire WB story could have been if he simply hadn't gotten injured at exactly the wrong time.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Westbrook plays like a New Yorker, perfect fit tbh.

2020 Starters:

Ibaka or Noel
    Randall or Tucker
    Knox
    Harden
    Haliburton or Hayes

5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

only way is to form big 3 to retain him. If not, we can try to trade with Washington to get beal

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not much if at all

7. riko

riko Member

Tillman is finding that out the hard way

Plowman likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He is. Being in the restaurant industry myself I understand how hard it is to see people getting paid Millions upon millions and cry at some of the things they cry about. He just needs a class in empathy and wake up to realize this is a whole diff form of business he is dealing with.

riko, Ramo$e and Plowman like this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Noel is not on Ibaka's level.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please understand, tycoonchip...I say that with all due respect. My late best friend managed for Tony M..everything from West Gray to Shade..over two decades.

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

and we can’t get either one

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

value, as always, has objective and subjective components.

to the warriors, Westbrook is negative value.

to the Knicks, you can argue they would be lining up to give him a max deal if he were a free agent.

I’d be satisfied if Mitchell Robinson and cap space was what we ended up with. That gives you a starting center that can play the Capela role, and space to go get a free agent guard.

we desperately need to avoid the expiring contract trap. Harden will demand a complete team going into the season...not one that might come together at the deadline.

Fyreball, D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

A lot of people are gonna be very disappointed with the return from a Westbrook trade. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays on for the sole reason of us not finding anything decent. The NBA is a "what have you done for me lately" league and his lately was utter dog balls. Woj just tweeted that the market is slow developing so it looks like there won't be a bidding war as we hoped. The production just doesn't justify the contract especially when considering age related decline.

Der Rabbi likes this.
  19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don’t think anyone claims Westbrook is useless.

At this point he is perfectly capable of being the lead dog on a fringe playoff team in the east.

We have to hope that scenario sounds appealing to someone.

larsv8 likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol the reality is Westbrook needs to humble himself and submit to the championship minded ideas of Stephen Silas and be thankful he’s being paid $40 million a year. His hate for Tillman Fertitta needs to be an mute point.