1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

According to Trump the other 18 million are illegals, and they will build the wall.
    And Im not even sure if it's a Republican vs Democrat thing anymore, I just don't think people want to be led by Trump come hell or high water.

Rudy, DVauthrin and London'sBurning like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

on the other hand:

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

1st CNN and the rest have to do way better...hell, Jeff Zucker, the head of CNN, was pretty much a Trump lapdog and ally

CNN President Jeff Zucker said in 2016 that he wanted President Trump "to do a weekly show" and offered advice ahead of a GOP presidential primary debate on the network, according to audio of a phone conversation obtained by Fox News Channel's "Tucker Carlson Tonight."

"I have all these proposals for him," Zucker told Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen according to audio of the call on March 10, 2016. "I want to do a weekly show with him and all this stuff."

And, you know, as fond as I am of the boss, he also has a tendency ... if I call him or I email him, he then is capable of going out at his next rally and saying that we just talked and I can't have that, if you know what I'm saying."

"It's not that I don't want to talk to him every day. I've just got to be careful, because, I've just got to be careful," he added. "I just don't want him talking about it on the campaign trail. ... But you know what? I'm going to give him a call right now and I'm going wish him luck in the debate tonight."

I turn on CNN, and all it is is the Covid death count, the latest Trump lie, or bad tweet he said on Twitter. Where is the talk of how Biden would actually combat the virus other than platitudes like he’ll trust the scientists? Where is the education of the public of the details of Biden’s plan for combating Covid? I reviewed the plan on Biden’s website, but most people aren’t gonna sit down and do that, and Biden never really explained any of it when he talked. He mainly talked about how Trump lied and called it a hoax. Ok, we get it, but what are u actually gonna do, and how is that gonna improve the economy and people’s lives? It wasn’t covered nearly as much as the latest Trump lie. Where was the talk of Biden’s approach to the civil unrest? All this time they spent talking to Bush era Republicans who are endorsing Biden like anyone cared...

RayRay10 and Yung-T like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

5. conquistador#11

Undocumented immigrants will do the jobs that you nor your buddies want to do. They're the backbone of this economy under any era/president. It's a dirty not so secret, secret.
    They've tried to raise the pay to entice Americans to do those jobs and Americans don't want them. I don't blame them for being lazy. It's tough rugged work. I would sit those jobs out. Painful on the knees and back. <---I'm sure there is a Carl Herrera joke in there somewhere.

RayRay10 and Yung-T like this.
  6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

For those confident of a Biden win, are you counting Nevada? Are you expecting lots of mail in votes? only 67% counted and lead is razor thin.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

This hangover hurts

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. foh

foh Member

How do you feel about Kushner saying that black men need to "want" to succeed more?

How is Biden stopping this? By allowing a bit of unskilled immigration (that shouldn't really be capable of competing with a person born in US)? Do you believe Biden will stop some other Trump policies? Which ones?

And you expect Biden support specifically for homosexual black men? Why do you make such dramatic and strange statement about "hetero black men"? Are you into identity politics?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Uh oh...

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep, he needs Nevada. 7k lead with 86% reporting according to CNN

RayRay10 and saitou like this.
  11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Dude I won't be comfortable til January 21st, 2021.

arkoe, pahiyas, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Democrats have been doing that as well as the Lincoln project and americans did not care.

The fact that most think Republicans are better on the economy is a prime example and for the near future politics are going to be driven by emotion instead of policies and that's just the way it is.

RayRay10, foh and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. dchoye

dchoye Member

Both candidates are individually going to record the most votes ever in the history of Presidential elections. More than what Obama got
    Popular vote doesn’t matter but it’s great to see voters are not apathetic during the pandemic.
    How do we know voters didn’t vote twice? Mail and in person?

RayRay10 and JumpMan like this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Biden is ahead by 100K with approximately 500K votes left go. Trump would have to win 60% of the remaining votes. Super tough hill to climb.

RayRay10, HP3 and Yung-T like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because it would show in the system that you already voted and you are risking 5 years of imprisonment for something easily catchable and with no benefit as it's just another one vote out of millions.

weakfromtoday and CometsWin like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have to strongly disagree media should not devolve into propaganda machines and there is plenty of media for democrats, if democrats devolve into Republicans lite I am out.

You got TYT, The Hill and some say MSNBC to reflect democratic issues.

What we really need is to stop with the us vs them but maybe it's too late and a 3rd actual moderate party needs to emerge.

RayRay10 and London'sBurning like this.
  18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah, you would have to request an absentee ballot right? So if I request one, that's going to be in the system when I show up to try to vote in person. Same thing when I vote in person, it is going to be in the system so my request for an absentee ballot would be rejected. Right?

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think you can address the current economic trends with moderate policies.

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Seriously, why would you trust USPS? If I was voting by mail, I would take it to a drop box.