1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

2. Rudy

Rudy Member

Just talking about based off the above statements.

Without knowing who said what, just reading the different statements put out by both candidates, you could tell there's a huge difference between the kind of character Biden is, and the kind of character Trump is; it's literally good and evil.

One statement asks to trust the process. The other statement calling the process a fraud.
    One statement asks for unity. The other statement calling for division.
    One statement is a calm for patience. The other statement just promoted chaos.

Literally, day and night, good and evil.

3. HardenVolumeOne

and what about black unexployment, will our jobs go to illegals or will they be given amnesty and effectively shut black people out of the job market. 11 million possibly more, black men with no job and overlooked will turn to crime to generate a source of income.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Black unemployment isn't effected by illegal immigrants.

You have no clue what the core issues are in black communties.

The black unemployment rate could be near effectively zero and still the black urban community has severe problems. The problem with black communties isn't people are unemployed. The problem is wealth and property ownership. Working a job that competes with illegal immigrants isn't going to solve that.

#1504 fchowd0311, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  5. HardenVolumeOne

I dont believe trump is a fraud, he may not be perfect. But neither are any of us( i believe trumps heart is in the right place when it comes men) Biden on the other hand along with harris signal the beginning of the end for hetero black men in this country.

6. what

what Member

I'm going to bring out a term that hasn't been used in a while. That's called political correctness.
    I think Trump has proved that you don't need political correctness anymore, because all it matters is who you are affiliated with either Democrats or Republicans.
    If you are a Republican and you condone what Donald Trump did for the last 4 years in terms of bullying people, impropriety the erosion of democracy, then you're so far out of reach of any normal conversation of right and wrong.

The only issue that matters at this point in time is partisan. And I don't know how to solve that.
    You might not like the Democratic position of global warming and abortion but at least they're not trying to erode the democracy. Trump's basically saying that your vote don't count nothing matters except to let me be elected as president and his supporters follow him in droves.

RayRay10, DVauthrin, pirc1 and 5 others like this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

so illegals dont have racist hiring practices where they only hire or look out for their own. They do it a lot of in construction and in jobs where they refuse to promote black people to manager. Illegal immigration definitely affects african americans in the job market

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Doesn't look like it's gonna matter, but does the Trump overperformance in Miami-Dade have something to do with the what appears to be....30% of ballots that got lost in the mail there?

9. Rudy

Rudy Member

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think there has been some realignment.

Trump pulled in work-class Dems who are anti-trade, anti-China, and anti-immigrant but voted blue for labor in the past. That's how Trump is so competitive.

In reality, the rich moderate educated Republicans were never a big percentage of the party, they were just rich so they had the ability to be the representatives of the party. It was an unholy marriage of anti-tax with right-wingers, but the right-wingers have taken control of the Republican Party. The right will still be anti-tax because they hate big gov't and they hate benefits going to the poor (blacks / hispanics). So moderate Republicans are a bit left without a party.

This is why you are seeing rural areas shift more towards Trump, while some suburbs shift more blue. Republicans have become a far-right and far more nationalist party than before. I think we all underestimated the appeal of that.

RayRay10 and Yung-T like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No it doesn't and also it shows how out of touch you are with the actual problems in the black community. Unemployment isn't the issue in the black community. Unemployment rates were very high for everyone after the great reccesion. They all have come back to good levels as we got out of a reccesion. It has nothing to do with policy but rather the natural effects of leaving the reccesion. The problem with the black community is wealth and property ownership. I'm sorry, the jobs that you would compete with against illegal migrants don't have the wages to make you a homeowner. Those jobs don't help the black community. All those jobs do is keep poor black people in their current place.

12. ymc

ymc Member

WI goes to Biden. MI is a toss up.

NE-2's 1 vote will cost Trump's presidency if he loses MI.

AroundTheWorld and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I applaud your passion, I really do, and I think it's great. However, I respectfully feel that it is misguided.

I genuinely believe that true change will come from better education. I think we should all want more invested in better education for ALL of our kids. To me, there is ZERO excuse for us, as a country, to have such low education standards. Other countries put us to shame, and we will see the impact of it down the road.

Then that leads me to ask the question, "why?" Why do we have a poor education system in totality? One of my theories (and I'd love to get yours and others' thoughts on this) is that our politicians actually WANT to keep the people uneducated, so it is easier for them to continue their control over us. How can you help ensure that? By keeping the education system run poorly. The ultimate FU was putting a billionaire in DeVos Secretary of Education, who knew/knows absolutely nothing about the public education system. Trump, and many of his elite/wealthy supporters, want the public education dumbed down, while they want the private schools (where their kids attend) to be improved and invested in. That will keep the gap between the have's and the have nots growing.

And also, let me ask you this. If Trump really cared about black people, why did he wait after 3.5 years or so to put out this Platinum Plan or whatever? Is it just a coincidence that he put this out there RIGHT BEFORE the elections? Or was he just trying to get votes, pandering for votes (which is ironically exactly what politicians do, but he continues to lie and claim he is not a politician)? Or was this his way to divert the attention of his failed responses to multiple racist friends (good people on both sides, back in the 80's kicking out black people from his properties because he felt that that would lower their values, separating kids from their parents, putting them in cages, and then losing track of their parents which left over 500 kids without their parents, and then failing to clearly denounce white nationalists at the first debate, the list goes on and on my friend).

14. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

AZ might still go to Trump. I thought it was over when NYT site shows 98% reported, but NYT just posted that due to an error by Edison Research (the firm that collects the raw data), AZ is actually only 86% counted.

Arizona counts all of their mail in vote first so all of the remaining votes are election day votes.

Without Arizona, Biden's path is not quite as solid as before. Biden would have to win one of PA, NC, or GA. I'd still give the edge to Biden right now, but I am more nervous now than an hour ago.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Same here. Thanks for you guys insight.

It's been a rollercoaster of emotions last night to this morning, and have a little guarded optimism at this point. Now the senate race... that's a different story.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I disagree. If Trump was politically correct while still being a corrupt and dismantling democracy, he might have won a second term in a landslide. More people hate Trumps twitter than the way he is governing sadly.

There will be someone like Trump that is more savvy in the media and that will be a nightmare.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

What the hell are you basing all these assumptions on? Your own experience?

Sooty, RayRay10 and Yung-T like this.
  18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"The medium is the message". I'm not sure there is any way to get an effective message to people who filter everything through Fox News, NY Post, Breitbart, OANN etc. Im sure they'd say the same in reverse, which is why they all split off inyo their own little universe in the first place.

Everybody filters the world via trusted gatekeepers who massage the message these days. I think we are locked into long term Balkanization unless media evolves again in a fortuitous direction.

Attempting to subvert the other sides media, rather than actually saying anything new seems like the next logical evolution. Its kind of disheartening, but it is the ultimate evolution of the consumerism and advertising/marketing ideology that Americans used to revolutionize the world post WWII. The genie is out of the bottle.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Have you noticed that you say a lot of **** without any data to back it up? You showed about two weeks ago and that's all you've done.

RayRay10, JayGoogle and Yung-T like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member