1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Harden ever had a Jimmy Butler performance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Because a owner can always override the decisions of a GM, and GM's aren't going to quit when it happens. They know they're protected from this bad decision because, despite the GM signing off on it, it was the owner's decision.

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

And do GM's not then still own that decision, regardless of why they made it? Is the owner going to fire himself for it? Are the fans going to let the GM off the hook? No, and No. STILL the GM's decision. If you let the owner do your job, it's STILL your responsibility.

saleem likes this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

GM's don't own decisions made by the owner, and the fans do let the GM's off the hook when that happens.

You have unrealistic expectations. According to your logic, a meddling owner would never have a GM because they'd keep quitting.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Anyone who wants to fire Morey is insane. I have my share of Morey criticism over the years and have argued a lot with those who think Morey can do no wrong. But Morey is still one of the better GMs in the league. And most importantly, he is the only thing that stands between Tilman and a train-wreck franchise right now. I would't want to lose Morey as long as Tilman is the owner. We are very close to becoming a team like Dolan's Knicks or Sterling's Clippers.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He should quit then. He’s a multi millionaire! If he’s being forced into vision by Harden or the owner, then Morey should quit. If he’s that sought after go to another organization and realize your vision. But you can not excuse his grandstanding no mid range threes only crap. He owns it and he has to wear that. It hasn’t worked. Going old, small and slow ( with mediocre shooters) got his ass whipped this year. If Harden is in the way of success then Morey should trade him. If Tilman won’t let him do it, then Morey should quit. If this isn’t the case then Fertitta should consider big changes.

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Of course I can, as should every fan. That was our only chance at winning after he was forced into the Westbrook trade.

Look at his previous acquisitions/signings/targets. Do they say no mid-range, 3's only? Chris Paul? Dwight Howard? Capela? Carmelo? Butler?

It's unrealistic to expect GM's to quit. There are 30 GM jobs in the world. Plus, it'd be telling prospective owners that you won't tolerate their meddling. No owner would be receptive to that message.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why should Morey get a pass? So it’s Harden’s and Fertitta’s fault that the team is old, small, slow & mediocre at the very skill that Morey brags about?(But doesn’t have one Elite shooter.)

#447 TEXNIFICENT, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

They do? They don't expect you to win after that? Really??

Why do you think Jerry Jones couldn't get any top coaches? Just this reason.

And you're still glossing over the 'if you make that decision, you need to live with it part'. You don't HAVE to quit, but you do need to make peace over your hob is greatly diminshed.

If it keeps happening,, a really good GM will likely leave.. Why wouldn't they Ute? Go somewhere where you can actually do your job.

#448 BigDog63, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I've already answered your question fully and explained why your perspective is out of touch with reality.

Instead of me repeating myself, why don't you go back and re-read what I've already written?

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

How's Butler looking when facing a blitz/double-team?

D-rock, clos4life and MettaWorldPete like this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Actually your take that Morey shouldn’t take any responsibility for the team he put together is nonsense. If Harden and Fertitta are really running the show, Morey is a figurehead and should be fired anyways. You don’t need an experienced GM for that. Bottom line you guys whine and b**** about Harden when Rockets management have their head up their collective asses. Harden is a player that can be moved if he’s the problem SOLVE IT. This team (old, small, slow w/ mediocre shooting) and it’s philosophy is flawed.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Butler with 8 points as his team is down 30 at half in an elimination game. Since the tip riders are now comparing Harden to Butler, if this was Harden, the narrative would be that he quit and is choking right? Should we now give Butler that same energy?

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

As I said, It takes more than one guy & you have to build a team. The Lakers are just better. Jimmy Butler was never going to "will" the Heat past the Lakers in a 7 game series.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Where are Butler's D-Riders at now?

TEXNIFICENT, Reeko and D-rock like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jimmy Butler has scored under 20 points 8 times in this playoff run, and wasn’t even the leading scorer for his team heading into the finals, it was Goran Dragic

somebody tell me the scenario where Harden could’ve scored below 20 points 8 times and not be the leading scorer for the team, but the Rockets still make the finals...I’ll wait

he has 2 good games in the finals, and now people want to get on their knees and worship him just so they can attack Harden

Since we’re now comparing Butler to Harden, Butler has just quit in an elimination game. Where is the heart? Only 7 shots?

Harden has had numerous 40 point games against GS, a better team than LA. It all gets ignored and glossed over. Then when Butler has a great game, it’s all “why can’t Harden dominate like Butler?”

foh

16. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

The answer to my question is Yes, James Harden has had this Jimmy Butler type performance.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

and I see why so many were quick to latch onto Butler’s nuts for dear life...after Kawhi’s epic, all-time choke, Butler was the only one left in the bubble that could be used as a prop to attack Harden

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Let's not be intellectually dishonest here. Butler had a 40 pt triple double in the finals.

19. Mr. Space City

fchowd and the rest of the HOH hoping jimmy butler could win a title so they could slander harden

[​IMG]

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Its a waste of time talking to that dude Reeoko, Im just telling you know.

Pandaemonaeon, TEXNIFICENT and D-rock like this.