1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House has left the NBA Bubble in Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The statement from the league cleared the Rockets.

What is telling is that he hasn’t just been punished for the 10 day quarantine.... he is gone for the entire playoffs at a minimum.

It was something really foolish and selfish for sure, but men have done far worse for sex... and his punishment is extreme...

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

And yet his social media feeds are all Jesus this and Jesus that.

Dude didn't do himself any favors by lying about it to the league. I wonder if he lied to the players, coaches, GM, owner as well.

I also wonder if some team with a late 1st-round pick is in the market for an idiot 3&D wing on a cheap contract.

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Lying to investigators could be a possibility for the punishment.

topfive likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL He (allegedly) had a covid tester in his room. Big ****ing deal.

"We let you [testers] leave the bubble, come & go as you want AND we let you come back & test our players, but you (allegedly) meet up with a player, NOOOOOOOOO!"

(Someone did snitch on him.)

Again, go ahead, tell me they're gonna sit James Harden, LeBron James.

Good. Cut him, trade him, whatever. But don't complain when the Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Heat, Raptors or some contender picks him up. :D

#84 J.R., Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Role player? Now that's a joke. He is everything you don't want in a player. Irresponsible, selfish, and certainly not able to follow the rules or step up for his team in the most important time of the season. I say good riddance. Find another young guy with more maturity.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Fertita probably suggested sending him home so he doesn't have to pay an extra 2 days at the hotel... Cheap ass owner!

7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Smh hate to see this from a hometown guy.

Alkaholic likes this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

That's one thing the Astros can't claim...

REEKO_HTOWN and Nook like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

A lot of what happens to him will depend on who the next Rockets coach is. While I think he likely is not back, I think there is an outside chance he returns next year because of his contract and what he provides.

Deuce and topfive like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you know people from his circle?

TWS1986 likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It may have been his denials of what happened that made it worse. But I understand why he would deny it. This makes him look like an utter bonehead.

Sigh, I just think these playoffs were not important enough for a player’s NBA career to be derailed on account of it. I hate to see that. This is a non-story under a normal situation.

12. Lillard_Harden

House is married with 3 kids. What a scumbag. Now he needs to go home and repair his personal life.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

15. Nook

Nook Member

This.

He costs little, has consistently improved and fills needs for a team that is up against the tax. He may well he back after apologizing. Players are weird about sex... especially is others did it and were not caught... MDA will want him gone after sticking his neck out for him, but MDA will be gone and the next coach may want to keep him.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

FernTits already trying to see if he can void his contract. :D

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Man, I feel for Morey. This has been the year from hell:

• Dumbass owner decides to pull the trigger on a highly questionable major trade that will affect your team for years to come
    • Simple retweet showing support for friends becomes an international incident that gives the league a valid reason to NOT want your team advancing in the playoffs
    • Key rotation guy brags about how the media is sleeping on him, then sleeps with a contract employee, causing a giant disruption and missing critical games before getting tossed from the bubble

And now his vacation options will be limited due to COVID.

#97 topfive, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    Huncho Bean, 34to11, gatsby and 9 others like this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fire everyone.

Zero leadership

gatsby, Amel, Hakeemtheking and 3 others like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where did it say he had secks, it just said female tester, spend couple hours possibly.

Could have been another person as well.

The secks thing was an act of snitching, some Laker boi spread the rumor.

This NBA statement doesn't state the gender of the person who was in his room, what actions were performed in that room.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The statement clears the Rockets of involvement in the "incident". Not sure it totally clears them from any potentially cover up after the fact of that incident. It appears that at least Tyson Chandler was involved in that, and he wasn't mentioned in the statement. So, there may be others too, higher up. Hopefully not.

tmoney1101 likes this.