1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 9/2/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 1, 2020.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

2. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Yeah... that was all Tucker. He actually was able to put in 2 swipes toward the ball as Paul was gathering and rising. Just enough to force the miss.

The scrambling defense was top-notch this game. Defense won it - not luck.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, bring on the Lakers.

Media favoring Lakers have poor memory.

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Dayum, Russ defended that play to perfection, read that play like a book.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden was best defender in Game 7 and 2nd best defender for entire OKC series.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

I mean he knows Donovan probably like no other.. he probably was like "I bet this mother****er runs XYZ"

jcmoon likes this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This. We have a clear advantage having to MVPs guards. If Harden and Westbrook play to their potential, they should be able to cook the Lakers guards. Will that be enough to overcome their front line advantage? We will see.

bmelo, randerson, bilaal14 and 3 others like this.
  8. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Also, not to mention Harden squaring up perfectly on CP that led to a no-call. Add that up: Harden squaring up and drawing contact that would have been a charge in a regular season game + PJ bothering the shot just before it goes up = just enough to force the miss.

don grahamleone, RayRay10 and jcmoon like this.
  9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Anyone else see the little kicked ball from Tucker, denying Adams possession? I was so glad the refs missed it, it might have been a game changer lol

12:13

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Man, was that a freaking bad game for my nerves. Just finished watching it and couldn't even manage to appreciate that block by Harden with time left on the clock and Dort catching it again. Glad for Harden he got that, hope he takes that into the next series, because he wanted no part of this game offensively. Defensively have to give him credit. Anyone hating on his defense after this is purely agenda, haterism and what have you.

Westbrook got us through that tough stretch in the 3rd, but Harden made up for it with some key plays, though the whole team did. I am still furious about a few things, like no Ben, Gordon dancing on the half court line thinking he'll get a foul called, Rivers missing everything, MDA challenging that obvious charge and not keep it for later etc. but man did we come through.

Gordon finally found his shot, this time no early shot clock threes from deep, thanks heavens. Green was great, but have to give a ton of credit to RoCo on those blocks and threes. Tucker is always there defensively and to make that floater, kudos. Westbrook was solid and Harden was again going MIA, cannot just look past that. Had we lost, this would've been a very big stain on Harden's play-off reputation. Even though he played solid defense and the whole team did. Hope this Lakers series won't come down to these last seconds, because I cannot take it.

We finally won a close game and just relieved AF, cannot be happy yet. Way too close and referee influenced to my liking. Thanks heavens they let them play that last minute though, because a lot of things could've been called. **** the NBA, **** CP3 & Schroder, huge props to Dort & Adams. Bring it on LA, we can take you!

P.S. If what CP3 says is true about Foster - 99% sure it is - then that's a freaking dick move and I do feel sorry for him that he walks away from this game with the feeling of Foster screwing with him. No matter what he did or didn't do during the game, no way should a ref be this petty and mess with people.

#1790 JW86, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Casuals just do not understand basketball.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tad trolling.

13. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Wow!! What a series, I hope everyone’s nerves have settled down lol. Looking forward to the Lakers matchup. Lakers guards are not as dangerous as OKC players. Plus LA does not have any pure shooters. Can’t wait!!

14. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

So this foul call was interesting. I automatically assumed it was Foster who called it before the timeout. It was actually Pat Fraher (#26) who raised his right hand signaling the foul just before noticing OKC calling for the timeout and then switches his stance to granting OKC the timeout. But before that, Shroeder and CP noticed the foul called first. LOL.

From the way it looks... Pat Fraher was focused on the Harden / CP contact, thought he saw something, and called it knowing it was before the inbounds. Looks a bit suspect but he ended up changing his mind and tried to give OKC the timeout after realizing what he just called. Verdict: Pat Fraher (#26) was suspect but the dude was too weak to follow-thru with the screw job.

On a side note: Harden looked to be ready to guard CP for that final possession. That's dope.

RayRay10 and jcmoon like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Winning TO battle was the key.

17. Communist

Communist Member

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

D-rock, RayRay10 and jcmoon like this.
  19. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I'm still scratching my head (and so reliwvwd) about who from OKC decided to let Galo take that free throw he missed at the end, rather than CP3.

The result could've been so different.

RayRay10, jcmoon, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

The defense won it clear and simple

D-rock likes this.