1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Trump Wins...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by finsraider, Aug 27, 2020.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I think Bloomberg may have gone there if he had won the nomination. He was getting close to paying people for votes.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Of course it's depend on him paying just me, and not everyone else.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Anticope

Anticope Member

If you actually believe this then you’ve learned absolutely nothing over the past four years.

IBTL, Dubious and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

If Trump wins, the mayhem we are seeing now in blue cities will look like a prayer vigil

Dubious likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The left all ready have independents and women and the suburbs.

https://fortune.com/2020/07/26/demo...-independents-poll-2020-election-trump-biden/

A new Gallup poll finds that since January a 2% Republican advantage in party identification has turned into an 11% Democratic advantage. Half of all Americans now identify with or lean to the left, compared with 39% who identify as Republican or lean right. Between May and June alone, Republicans saw a five-point decline while Democrats gained three points.

An average of national polls back up the data: Joe Biden is up by nearly nine points, but Jeffrey Jones, Gallup’s senior editor, says that the Gallup data uniquely identifies independent voters, the same group that propelled President Donald Trump into the White House in 2016 despite polls that indicated the opposite. While the majority of polls pointed to a tight race with a Clinton win, independent voters were saying something else entirely.

Stop trolling.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Trump isn’t going to shift further left, if he was going to do that, he would already have the election wrapped up. He is an authoritarian and will become even more corrupt.

If he wins the Democrats will go further left after running two straight moderate candidates.

The country would be a disaster after 8 years of Trump.

Reeko, Rashmon, VooDooPope and 2 others like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do you keep posting stuff that have nothing to with what I posted, I was talking about people specific to this forum.

And most Independents lean a certain way, prime example YOU.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/05/15/facts-about-us-political-independents/

1Nearly four-in-ten U.S. adults (38%) identify as politically independent, but most “lean” toward one of the two major parties. Only 7% of Americans overall don’t express a partisan leaning, while 13% lean toward the Republican Party and 17% lean toward the Democratic Party.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thought of the day:

http://theglitteringeye.com/madness/

Madness
    Dave Schuler August 28, 2020

I think it was Megan McArdle, back in her early days of blogging, who formulated a law of politics: devotees of the party in power are smug and arrogant while devotees of the party out of power are insane. I don’t think that is true any longer if it ever was. I think both parties are insane.

A feature of the novel Le Pont de la rivière Kwaï by Pierre Boulle that is largely absent from the movie The Bridge on the River Kwai is that each of the major characters has a sort of catchphrase, a leitmotif. For Colonel Saito, the prison camp commander, it is “Be happy in your work.” For Major Warden, the leader of the commando team sent to destroy the bridge, it is “There’s always something left to do.”

IIRC the doctor, Major Clipton, is the narrator of the novel. His catchphrase is “It’s all madness”. I feel like Major Clipton.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I totally agree with all of this and I don't have an answer, maybe the fever will break because many see what demonizing the other has brought us.

I will say I don't think anyone can duplicate what Trump represents none of those other guys are celebreties and a large part of Trumps appeal was him being a celebrity and rich, I also don't see anybody other Gaetz being so shameless.

As long as democrats stay engaged they stop the swing but we know democrats never stay engaged, the post Biden candidates will have a huge say in this.

Rileydog and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related

http://theglitteringeye.com/trapped-in-narratives/

excerpt:

I find both today’s Republicans and the editors of the WaPo and by extension the Democratic Party trapped in their own narratives about what is happening. Where the Democrats see peaceful protests, Republicans see cities in flames, where Democrats see characteristic American welcoming of immigrants, Republicans see borders open to criminals, where Democrats see prudent measures to slow the spread of SARS-CoV-2, Republicans see authoritarian micromanagement of everyday life. There’s a kernel of truth in each side’s narratives, overlaid with an enormous amount of fear and mistrust.

I think it was psychologist Yuri Bronfenbrenner who first applied the principle of psychological projection—attributing undesireable feeling, emotions, or motives to others rather than dealing with them in yourself—to foreign policy and politics. I think there’s an unhealthy dollop of that here and neither political party is particularly attractive right now.​

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

*Meghan McArkle

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO

Reeko, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

the funnier thing here now is people getting trolled by the same people over and over then ask "why" when the answer is always trolling

Reeko, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He has been trolling with that BS since the NBA boycott thread.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Touche.

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you are a good poster operating in good faith. that dude is garbage try hard troll operating in bad faith.

no point

Jimmy Chase, RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

"would you have sex with me for $5 million dollars"

"Of course I would"

"would you have sex with me for a dollar?"

"Of course not, what do you think I am?"

"Well, we already established what you are, now we're just negotiating the price"

RayRay10 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

Random thought:
    Has the BLM moment united or divided the people of America? Has it educated the masses? Are we becoming a more tolerant / balanced nation because of the movement? Would the BLM movement ever happen under any other president? Before the pandemic unemployment rate were at a all time low for ALL people. Maybe this empowered ALL people to stand for themselves and not wait for someone lead them. Maybe by not pandering a long needed fire has been lit. I think the world’s changes are long overdue. Equality is finally coming and here in some cases. The excuses on all sides are starting to fade because of education. This IS happening and far more important than anything we have witnessed in the last 30+ years. It happened on Trump watch; and the worst thing we can do is move back to where we were. The pandemic is uncontrollable. It should be handled on a state level because NYC / LA is vastly different than Nowhere, TX / Cornfield, KS thus making the needs of government interventions completely different as well.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Just take the money and then vote how you want. Like he would...

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If Trump wins, Pelosi et al should leave politics; the Democrats should admit they are two-time losers to Donald Trump and dissolve the party.