1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I thought boycotting was about getting something done. If they don't have an identifiable concrete goal that they want achieved, then all they're showing the networks and sponsors is that they are unpredictable and therefore unreliable, which will ultimately hurt them and help no one. Hopefully I'm wrong and the player's union will announce that the boycott will end once the Kenosha officers are arrested and charged - that I would support for sure.

harold bingo likes this.
  2. sheb

sheb Member

I don’t think they are dramatically overvaluing their Importance. Remember the NBA owners are powerful billionaires, and the sponsors are billion dollar organizations (like NIKE).

By not playing, the players are taking money out of the owners pockets and away from corporate profits.

For example, Remember that is was the corporations that made the Redskins change their name... not the backlash from Native Americans

You start messing with big money in this country then something will definitely change

TheRealAllpro and Patience like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Completely unrelated. You can go yell at the wall about car crashes while you’re at it.

DVauthrin and cbass like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

if your viewpoint lacks empathy and is based on selfishness yeah, that's pretty much classified as an idiot. The only part of the fan base that it "pisses" off is the one I just mentioned. in that case who gives af.

DVauthrin and cbass like this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Doubtful.

6. Mr. Space City

“Do I still have to pay them if they don’t play?” Tilman Fertitta on the phone with Adam Silver

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

tipjar bet? you obviously haven't kept up how strongly the players have been talking about this

8. AWIN

AWIN Member

I know this is a serious matter, but found this somewhat amusing...the image of players grabbing mouse ears and bubble makers made me kinda chuckle.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

On whether they cancel the season?

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

It was actually all over the news. Cops quickly ID'd and caught the suspect, and he was charged with murder. The cops did exactly what cops are supposed to do in that situation, so quit acting like these two events are at all similar.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now that they got money in their pockets, it looks different.

Wait till the role players need another check.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. you're obviously are set on them playing tomorrow. That isn't happening. especially when toronto/boston were the ones who were talking about boycotting first

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rockets-wise, if the playoffs ever resume, Harden will be well-rested and Westbrook should be 100%.

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually comparing the two is not wrong. The difference is that one is close the other is far away.

There are lots of horrible injustice in the world much worse than the racism in the US. You can't protest everyone of them. You can only do something for what is close at hand.

16. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

Are you racists? If you really believe the spew that your spitting, suit up and scream you're propaganda to the top of your lungs at the next BLM protest. There will be plenty coming to a neighborhood near you.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The idea is billionaires will get off their butts and use their $$/influence to push some change type regulations through. Why...because they care about continuing to make their $$.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah, i fully support the players in this, but i kind of wonder the same thing. i suppose it could just be to put their thumb on the scale and do their part, which is obviously good, but it's kind of like with kapernick kneeling. i supported that but always wondered what would be the end goal and when would you say you won? congress can't make a law that says "don't be racist". i'm sure some police departments will be making changes due to all of the protests (not just this one), but some won't no matter what. either way, interesting times. nba out in front of everybody on cancelling games twice this year.

19. Rocketsfan3422

Unrelated because of the kid was white?

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

NBA season might be done-zo.