1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets OKC boycotting game 5 per woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

NBA supports BLM, so do all the other companies, at least on paper.

Again, I think it's time BLM comes out with a solid list of demands that people can think about. I think the entire country is ready to make deals.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What stresses, Mister Hardisty?

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

;)

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Nah man not even close they didn’t come this far to shut the whole thing down. They’ll be playing tomorrow.

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

If they are going to take this step, then should back it up with exactly what changes they want to see. It can't be "we want change" without specifically saying what change they want.

Saying they want no more police shootings of unarmed black men is the equivalent of saying you also want there to me no more armed home invasions. Great idea but the obvious question is what exactly are you requesting to be done about it? I'd genuinely be interested to hear the specific changes that they want, and a discussion can be made to understand that.

Personally, I think they are dramatically over-valuing their importance, but they certainly have a right to do what they feel is right and I commend them for actually choosing to do it, whether I agree with it or not. Talking about doing it, and then not doing it would have been as weak as it gets.

For me sports has always been a getaway from politics and real life. Regardless of right or wrong, that escape is no longer there for virtually any sport, and I certainly am not the fan of sports that I once was simply because it has turned into yet another exhausting moment in my day when I am just looking for an escape.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If it reaches the point where players would rather focus their energies elsewhere instead of entertaining us then more power to them.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

no they won't. they don't give af bout the game right now.

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is a good answer, thank you.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

annnnd it's that point

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm sorry, money isn't going to stop cops from the **** they've been doing. You're going to have complete pieces of **** that get managed to recorded on a smartphone, get uploaded to YT, FB, Twitter, whatever.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sigh.....

Rocketsfan3422 likes this.
  12. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

And how does that change a police officers actions. Isnt that what they care about?

s3ts likes this.
  13. boojaka

boojaka Member

how about a 5 year old boy getting shot in front of his sisters did't even make much news? Feels like all this **** is made up so more and more people hate each other, including Convid nonsense...

Rocketsfan3422 likes this.
  14. s3ts

s3ts Member

They keep talking about how the billionaires are going to lose money like that somehow equates social justice. It really does not.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mr. President said several times he doesn't really care about NBA players and it annoys him that they are kneeling to the anthem.

The entire country but him right?

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see. I"ll be surprised if the come back.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

More power to them then. It's just a game.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This serves no purpose other than sending more people to riot because they can't watch basketball.

19. Rocketsfan3422

I know...I know... Can't make this stuff up

20. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

What like have different viewpoints then others? The horror. This place is pretty much democratic underground these days.

I'm not a fan of the blm stuff and I'm a conservative dude(rare here, I know). They can boycott all they want, but its only going to piss off their own fan base at some point.

People like me? Meh, do what you want.. I've got plenty of other things to do. But whatever you're trying to change it's not going to do anything. Maybe quit and go be cops? Or read up on history? Or read up on statistics with regards to criminals? Spend your millions in the inner cities?

Was just watching 90 day fiancé with my wife. Funny that all these Africans are still trying to come live here. Have they not watched the news? You can't walk down the street without getting gunned down they say. Na, I think they know it's the greatest country on the planet and know they will have opportunities here that they will have nowhere else.