1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

at this point i'd rather play the lakers than the blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Aug 19, 2020.

?

who would you rather play

1. lakers

59.8%
  2. blazers

40.2%
  1. CCorn

CCorn Member

We will be our own worst enemy against the lakers. If we should average from the 3 we will blow them out, they can’t keep up.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why are u being so short-sighted, I'm worried sick about having to deal with the Raptors or Celtics in the finals rather than the foldy bucks.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  4. HROZ

HROZ Member

You gotta prefer the Blazers.

Lillard is amazing, but the Blazers don't have the ability to lock down on defence like the Lakers do.

If the Lakers are fit & in tune.
    Davis Green James Howard McGee are all good to amazing players.

They're missing Bradley no doubt. But the 2 LA teams are best positioned to take Harden out of his game.

Lakers have great rim protection in Howard & Davis too.

5. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I went with lakers. Beating Portland would be sweet, but beating The lakers, and these lakers would be so much sweeter.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Give me the Lakers all day every day. The tears are tastier if we cause them ourselves.

ashleyem and D-rock like this.
  7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The only teams that give us trouble are young teams that can keep up with our pace. Rather have the Lakers.

DeBeards, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I also want the Lakers

But I also want Lakers to lose first round and AD decides he can’t waste the next four years with an aging Lebron, let’s them know he’s leaving, Lakers get scared about having nobody on the roster and agree to a sign and trade with us for EG, PJ and Roco to atleast give Lebron something to work with rather than nothing.

And we roll out a rotation of:
    Westbrook
    Harden
    House
    Green
    Davis

and a bench of Mclemore, Rivers, Gerald Green, MLE on a big
    And round out the roster with Bruno, Clemons, Frazier, Chandler, Nwaba

I want a lot

#48 Zoplicone, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

you do realize the Rockets have 2 guys that are very capable of this as well including the guy that pioneered the step back version of the 36ft 3-pointer

D-rock likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Howard and McGee are unplayable against the Rockets...the only ones on that team that could be considered “good to amazing” are Bron and AD...

the Lakers only have 1 perimeter defender that is decent...Danny Green

the rest are lunchmeat

the Lakers are 1 of the worst teams in the league when it comes to defending guards, especially without Bradley out

they aren’t taking Harden out of anything...the Lakers will have to double at halfcourt or else Harden will destroy

they also don’t take or make many three pointers

AD is soft as hell, and his outside jumper has been trash all year...last time I checked he was shooting like 31% from midrange, and he’s not much of a threat from 3

Lebron at 35 has not been as dominating of a scorer as he’s been in the past...he has to take on more of a PG role with this Lakers team because AD is a guy who needs to be set up and can’t playmake like a Wade or Kyrie...it’s to the point that Lakers fans are looking at Rondo to be a savior because he’s the only one capable of providing some playmaking

the main thing I worry about is fckery from the refs...I saw something last night that showed that the Lakers game 1 had 3.4 million viewers...that was basically triple what our game against OKC did...yes, they had a better time slot, but still...the league does not want Bron and the Lakers going out early

11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Lebron with all his talent, has really had a very privileged career

D-rock and RustyHarden like this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Yes I am. Are you aware the lakers do NOT have anyone who can do that? Are you aware this is basically lebrons 18th season now ? I think lebron can still be great but the time it will take him to really get going they could already be eliminated.

AD doesnt scare me. They cant play the other bigs so they wont have rim protection. They cant shoot. They cant defend our guards while we can easily guard theirs.

Dame has the same gravity of james and we cant play their bigs off the floor. Dame, CJ, and melo all have that dog in them in crunch time. If the game is close its pretty scary. Im not saying we cant beat them just based on matchups they would probably be tougher.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea, I want to see Harden vs Lebron.

hakeem94, jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Shut yo scary butt up. Rockets could whoop both teams.

hakeem94, Reeko and D-rock like this.
  15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'd rather play the Lakers, but I'd be very happy if they crapped out in the first round.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

at this point I'd rather play OKC in Game 2

17. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Their 5 positions are strong especially their center. I dont know why Houston give an easy win to blazers for that match. Blazers can swap Lakers, Lakers looks old. Even leborn and AD, blazers has players to match with them

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The Lakers are out of sorts - but I'm still more wary of them than I am the Blazers...

If the Lakers get their crap together, I just dont think we've got the rim protection to hold them in check... Realizing that 3>2 its gonna come down to efficiencies... With AD and LBJ the Fakers should be able to consistently get buckets inside... so if they stick with it and we fall into a shooting lull (as we tend to do periodically) then we have concerns...

Otoh the Blazers have a punchers chance - if Dame is red hot he can win most any game - but we just need Harden or WB to offset Dames output - and then we should be good...

DeBeards and YallMean like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets own the Lakers.

kjayp likes this.
  20. StrawberryJamm

I'm scared of the Lakers, they can't shoot and we can beat them but one tweet and we're the official NBA team of the Trump 2020 campaign.

D-rock likes this.