1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley: James Harden is the best 1-on-1 player I’ve ever seen in my life!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 18, 2020.

1. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Charles is r****ded as fk, how are you gonna praise this guy the best 1 on 1 player ever then bet against them 500k? Charles is one of those half r****ded relatives.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I find it so intellectually dishonest when people ignore the difference between winning a title with the team you stay with vs winning a title on a team you joined for the purpose of winning an NBA title immediately.

It's not the same. I have no problem with this, it's a blessing as a Rockets fan that our franchise guy would rather win 1 here than anywhere else. That has cost him titles while Durant and Lebron and Kawhi form their super teams with sidekicks like Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and Paul George.

We had a great CP3 for a short window and Harden nearly sent the most talented team of all time - Durant's HEALTHY Warriors - packing. A team, btw, that neither Lebron nor Kawhi have beaten and Harden has a better record against Durant's Warriors than those 2.

Harden deserves a title. He's an offensive genius, most of his game is in the mind. For him to be peaking defensively right now, I don't think a player on the planet could touch his impact on a game.

King1, ilovehtownbb, Reeko and 5 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

King1 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. riko

riko Member

The day the Thunder traded this guy to us changed the trajectory of this franchise from team that was Projected to finish in the lottery to the current contender.I shudder to think what that team was going to be without the trade.

This man will be truly appreciated When he has retired. We have taken him for granted

Hakeemtheking, Mathloom and D-rock like this.
  6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Brother well said! I don’t think there’s another person that wants to witness Harden get at least one ring as a Rocket as the stud of the team as much as me. You’re right about us having a fantastic CP3 for a glimpse. Ironically that was enough for Harden to get past Goliath.

CP3 going down was just almost scripted to further the narrative and progress of the “greatest team ever.”

I’ve said many times and will say it again....James Harden is a Legend and GOAT still in his prime. A player like Harden is as rare as they come for generations. Oh and he’s better than Lebron at his peak.

If I had to choose, I would absolutely choose to build a team around Harden over any other player this generation and the previous knowing what I know now from the eye test. Harden’s proven he’s the only player that can carry a team to winning seasons and be competitive in a perennially tougher conference over all.

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and Mathloom like this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

best part is the defenders reaction after they get cooked

King1 and D-rock like this.
  8. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I think Harden is the best 1 on 1 player ever. I think maybe Jordan and Bryant at their peaks were better 1 on 2 players.

9. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

so far

D-rock likes this.