1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Kneeling is disrespecting the military/anthem blah blah!”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

So you support burning the flag.
    Got it.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not what he said. But if he did so what?

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

What would you think about a bunch of Iranians burning the flag here on US soil?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be disappointed and understand that while I disagree, they have a right to do it.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Zero cares given about Americans flag burning, no matter where their parents were from. A foreign national burning an American flag in the United States, particularly from a country that we know sponsors terrorism, would definitely cause me to be interested in them. I would make sure their papers are in order and perhaps just deport them anyway for being hostile foreign nationals. Visitation and immigration are not rights.

Wattafan likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If you're upset by people kneeling for the anthem, but not upset by your president refusing to even acknowledge that Russians were paying for kids defending that flag, and the actual country it flies for, then you've got issues.

vlaurelio, lpbman and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd think that's the first taste of political freedom they ever had and thank goodness we live in a country where we can burn the American flag if we so choose.

Not sure why you want to make the US more like Iran.

FranchiseBlade likes this.