1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the best outcome is Biden is our 46th president.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The MK-Ultra Interview

Nook, jiggyfly, Rashmon and 1 other person like this.
  3. shorerider

shorerider Member

Didn't follow this story too much, and it sounded plausible that this woman might have been lying, but after watching the interview, I don't think she is lying. Whether or not she is delusional is another story, but she seems to be genuine in her account.

I don't think it should be all that surprising to hear stuff like this anyways, the all-to-common power trips in Washington would probably disgust most average people if they knew all that went on inside the beltway.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At least 25 women have accused President Donald Trump of sexual misconduct since the 1970s.

https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12?amp#aoh=15890368224094&amp_ct=1589036827605&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12

Trump and his 3,500 suits: Prosecutor and author reveals in interview his portrait of 'Plaintiff in Chief'
    https://www.abajournal.com/web/arti...-donald-trump-through-more-than-3500-lawsuits

President Trump made 18,000 false or misleading claims in 1,170 days

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e-18000-false-or-misleading-claims-1170-days/

EXPOSING TRUMP'S DEALS
    https://www.globalwitness.org/en/campaigns/corruption-and-money-laundering/trump-deals/

Trump Is Lying More Than Ever: Just Look At The Data
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidm...s-lying-more-than-ever-just-look-at-the-data/

Has Trump Reached the Lying-to-Himself-and-Believing-It Stage of the Coronavirus Pandemic?
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/lett...elieving-it-stage-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic

The stench reeks from our President far more then any candidate in the Democratic party.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That doesn't even include the times he openly admitted to sexual harassment when he was on Howard Stern and talked about how he walked into Miss Universe and Miss TEEN USA pageant dressing rooms unannounced while women and girls were dressing. 4 Miss Teen USA pageant contestants have stated they felt violated.

Nook, AleksandarN and deb4rockets like this.
  6. PeppermintCandy

I watched the entire video though i did fast forward through some of it.

Reade sounds sincere to a certain extent, but also coached/practiced to answer all the questions raised about her in recent weeks. She was very well prepared to fill up the holes in her narrative, which she seems intent to control. Her explanation for her previous support of Biden or her pro Russian writings seemed incomplete, though. Meghan Kelly does a fair job and asks the relevant questions, but it's definitely non-combative.

Reade seems to believe that something happened, and there's no reason for me to say otherwise. However, it's unclear whether her goal of going through with this is to get the "truth" of the assault out there or rather it is to do as much political damage to the perpetrator as she possibly can. The way, for instance, she was demanding Biden to open up his papers stored in the university seemed more about the latter.

For her, maybe the political and the personal are the same thing at this point. But obviously, it will complicate the reaction she'll get from this.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No.....this woman has an agenda. She CHANGED her story from LAST YEAR. All she wants is Biden to drop out of the race? So, she thinks Bernie would get he Nomination (he won't). She went from praising Biden to now he is a predator? Give me a break.....

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Combined...

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not sure why she didn't accuse him of sexual assault outright when she came out a year ago. Sounds more like a wikileak drip by drip sabotage campaign than a credible testimony.

She might've been harassed by Biden years ago, but the extent is too murky.

Nook likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What other woman spoke out?

She also spoke out but said nothing about sexual assault and never said Biden should leave the race, what changed in the last 6 months?

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

She does not come off believable at all.

Her story of why she praised Biden about sexual harassment in the past no zero sense. There is no reason she had to mention Biden at all or comment on him.

She says she came forward because a person who has done this should not be promoted to that position yet she never said anything about it initially, so what was her motivation to come forward at all?

As for the assault itself, either Joe Biden is such a predator that he can't control his impulses and would assault a woman right after talking to somebody else in the same hallway and does not care that anybody else could turn up at any moment.

If this was true it would not be a 1 off and somebody else would have come forward to confirm this type of behavior.

Also the fact that she is a victims advocate but handled it this way gives me pause, especially giving Biden any kind of praise after the incident and especially making excuses for him about her getting harassed in the office, she pretty much claims he had nothing to do with it and said the same in this interview.

You can tell that Megan Kelley did not believe her and almost eye rolled a couple of times.

So did she have crotchless panties on or what? That was very weird.o_O

I could look past 1 or even 2 of these things but in total her story does not make a lot of sense.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

People are conflating these different concepts to muddy the waters.

There are huge distinctions between an old guy that doesn’t understand personal space, sexual harassment and sexual assault.

Biden is only “guilty” of one of those things, and it’s an issue he’s already addressed.

I watched the Megyn Kelly interview and I remain convinced this woman is full of it. While it’s entirely possible she faced some degree of sexual harassment, I think the idea that her modified story of being sexually assaulted being true is pure fantasy. I don’t believe her.

Not to mention, her answer on her social media activity suggesting this was all politically motivated was entirely unconvincing.

Reade also dodged a character bullet on not being questioned about the charity she stole from, and how she retroactively edited her original post online to better match her current allegations.

This is classic scorched earth with two main goals. The first, obviously, being to force Biden to drop out. Also notice how she specifically name-dropped two of Biden’s VP finalists (Kamala, Warren) in an attempt shame them and handcuff them to this problem.

The second goal, tacitly, is to subvert the will of the people by railroading Biden in an attempt to steer the nomination back to Bernie. Let’s not forget the Bernie people on Twitter and the Krystal Ball’s of the world are the ones pushing this and calling for Bernie to get a second look.

Bottom line: this is all political theater. I hope she wasn’t sexually harassed or assaulted, but the numerous red flags are impossible to ignore. Legally, nothing will come of this. Get all information out there and let people decide for themselves.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't think the stealing from the charity has anything to do with this.

Yeah I thought it was strange that she mentioned both Kamala and Warren why not Klobachar or Williamson who she supported?

14. ymc

ymc Member

The other woman is Lucy Flores. Reade mentioned at 22:30.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...cused-joe-biden-sexual-harassment/3319322002/

Sexual assault was a traumatic thing for Reade. It is also more serious. While she left a paper trail for the sexual harassment, she didn't have that for sexual assault. However, she did tell that to her mom and two friends back in the 90s. Both friends corroborate with her account. One publicly while the other anonymously.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Again it doesn't match with the tone and diction the mother used in the 1993 Larry King tape. That doesn't sound like a mother who's daughter told her a senator forceably penetrated her.

#655 fchowd0311, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Nook and baller4life315 like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Lucy Flores did not say she was sexualy assaulted and said that she did not think what Biden did was sexual, just like what Reade initially said.

Here are her exact words.

"I'm not suggesting that Biden broke any laws," Flores writes, "but the transgressions that society deems minor (or doesn't even see as transgressions) often feel considerable to the person on the receiving end. That imbalance of power and attention is the whole point — and the whole problem."

I am not condoning what Biden did but what you are claiming is not true.

Why are you ignoring the people who she claimed she told but don't know anything about it?

Jayzers_100 and baller4life315 like this.
  17. TheresTheDagger

Does anybody have a guess as to whom "Karen" is from the office of Ted Kennedy?

Seems like that person is the key to addressing the credibility of Reades claims once and for all.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Sounds like Trumps friend Ted's wife.

19. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Are you serious man? You do know that the fake news media is all in for electing pervert Joe right? Look how long it took them to address this story when it first came out, more than a month.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

So, she gets softball questions from Faux News light?

Jayzers_100 likes this.