1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

How were the oysters Gillhooley?

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Could have been topwater... Gilhooley’s if the exact opposite of a “large restaurant”

3. Buck Turgidson

Tookie's?

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That’s kemah... topwater is huge and right in San Leon.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I got clutch to ban me because I have no self control lol.

6. Nook

Nook Member

LOL

robbie380 likes this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

You have to have paper plates to serve the food, paper menus, and disposable

silverware or you can't open your restaurant for dine in. Also it is only allowed to be at 25% capacity.

It is Asian City out in Humble. It would be awesome if you guys did

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Feel-good story?

robbie380 likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lol there’s only 2 restaurants in San Leon currently. We had 3 for 2 months tho.

Oh there’s a place connected to a hotel called Oriental American too. I’ve never ventured there.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't want to get too far down the line of the D&D things. We have been on different sides of issues before, but I simply can't ignore everything stated by them even though I have disagreed with many things along the way. You have to be able to recognize what is bs and what is not. We do this by comparing things from various sources and using our judgement. You can't just simply throw your hands up in the air and give up. Just because I might not fully value a source doesn't mean I always need to completely disregard their information.

With this story there have been multiple reports not from the administration relating to this issue. I have posted them. I certainly agree we have to take things from the administration with a grain of salt (that's partly why I keep my own spreadsheet and my own data), but this story is something that doesn't seem to be going away in spite of the initial condemnations. If there was no basis for it then I wouldn't post it, but this is an interesting one considering everything. We will see where it goes.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm happy to get criticism of this. I sent this article to my cardiologist friend and my friend with a biology background and both of them did not respond with LOL. My cardiologist friend responded with "wtf" in amazement. He is certainly more than happy to correct me if I'm going the wrong direction on things. My biology friend who is absurdly critical didn't seem to find major faults with it. Clutchfans is not the first place were I thought to share this to in case you are wondering. So please share anything greater than LOL because I do want to hear it. There was nothing that seemed off base with the reporting either.

Or was your lol in amazement of what was stated in the report? This fact that we were funding the lab has be stated before. Do you think they were blowing the research out of proportion? I wasn't sure if they were or were not being overly dramatic about it. If you have any better information please share.

#7052 robbie380, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What do you have to lose?

(Hey, Donald Trump, note a proper use of sarcasm.)

The premise that CV was man made in a Chinese lab (or a US military lab) can not be 100 percent disproved ... ever. Similarly the premise that the Wuhan lab found CV in the wild, brought it back to the lab to study and subsequently, accidentally released CV in Wuhan can not be be disproved.

Scientists world wide have said that CV does not have the internal markers of a man made virus.

Several US intel agencies have publicly stated the same. Now I don’t always trust what they say but they are in agreement with the world’s scientists.

Trump got asked at his daily propaganda briefing why he disagreed with the US intel agencies public statements wrt CV-19 not being created in a Chinese lab.

Trump, to no sentient human’s surprise, said he was not aware of the US intel agencies findings. If only Trump could spend more 15 minutes twice a week on PDBs, ...

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Science!

B-Bob likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My own LOL is that any report that this virus was somehow man-made or man-altered is scientific garbage.
    Conspiracy theories about a virus origin in a lab truly and only belong in D&D.
    Not to play e-penis, but I have a lot, lot more biology pals (and am married to one working in a top lab), and many of them are working around the clock on this virus.

MOAR:
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-not-human-made-lab-genetic-analysis-nature

We have a lot to worry about in the pandemic in terms of policy: contact tracing, immunity, testing, vaccination someday. Some politically motivated origin story is not one of those things. It is literally irrelevant to our next steps even if the preposterous were somehow true.

I'm not saying anything about who was where, when, or who funded what, when. But just read the science. The origins of the virus are printed in its biochemistry, molecule by molecule.

And MOAR proof that belongs in D&D.
    She served her country, and now COVID conspiracy theory has ruined her life.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but the topic is cluttering an otherwise useful and non-political thread, IMHO.

Amiga and London'sBurning like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member